Yodashizzles Customs

Reaction score
So I figured I'd start a thread to consolidate my customs, I'll try to stick to posting new stuff here...also...

you may want to enlarge your screen a significant amount...if you do, you'll see good detail in the pics, resolution is pretty decent and I wish I could post the actual pictures blown up but if you can, bump it up to like 200-250 % and you'll see things much better. Trust me...

Boba Fett and Wiorkettle
View media item 396712
I really miss the thread of "Building a Better Boba" from a few years ago....it made me mad that trolls took that over. But it inspired me to try to work on my own Boba. I dremelled off all the armor and added it back piece by piece cut the shoulder armor off a swivel shoulder version and reattached them. Very tedious but the result worked out I think. Still need to repaint the collar. Added some clear tubes, gave him a bigger head and modified the backpack. He's still got some things needing finishing but I'm pleased with how he's coming along...

View media item 396717
View media item 396715
View media item 396716
Used a staple to replace the plastic of his antenna

View media item 396714
View media item 396713

Here's another figure I love but really wanted to see have a bit more full articulation, the McQuarrie Stormtrooper. Pretty cool figure when Hasbro first gave one to us with black body stocking under the armor and liked the grey revised version even more. But he needed ball jointed knees and elbows and hand articulation, so I sacrificed a Legacy AT-AT driver to get this guy a better set of joints. Also did the neck so it's ball and socket instead of swivel.

View media item 396706
View media item 396707
View media item 396708

I did the same thing with the first version that had black swivel joints, may post him too and get a shot of them alongside the originals.

Here they are with an unaltered version on the left....

View media item 396711
View media item 396709
the black jointed first version with an unaltered one on left....
View media item 396710

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Yeah, your blue dignitary is my Snivvian Bespin citizen. I think I might modify it where there's visible legs, trim down the gown like some reference pics I've seen. Here's a few cantina spacers inspired by the fine work of Echo-Six. Very happy with how some extra figures plus silver spraypaint and some greeblies can give me unmade characters.
View media item 396719
View media item 396718

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
The spacers are amazing; after Yerka, my biggest want from the Cantina is Danz Borin! Yours are perfect :eek:

Utinniii

Reaction score
This is a nice batch of characters. I also think it is a good idea to put all your customs in one thread. It make it easier for people to find and steal ideas.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! Here's a few more, some are Jabba palace characters that for some reason the link to photos in another thread doesn't work, so here they are again. A few new ones too....

A Yavin base extra featuring the General McQuarrie headsculpt...
View media item 396984
Sail Barge/skiff goons and a Leia with super sweet legs (unarticulated, but aesthetically more to my liking)
View media item 396988
View media item 396989
View media item 396987
little group shot...
View media item 396985

Reaction score
I’m glad I finally checked in on these. They are really beautiful! I really love the spacers. And all the sniff guard types. Nice!

Reaction score
I think the Yavin Base McQuarrie is my favorite. I’d love to have that one! :love:

Reaction score
Thanks, Tulgah. It's been a while, but I've got some stuff to post....

This is a Boba Fett based on the AT-ST driver upper torso. I dremeled off the shoulder armor, chest armor and gaunlets from the 5 POA version that came out a few years ago (paired with a horrendous Bespin Han). I repainted the gaunlets, they still need touchups and a smidge of silver drybrushing. The hands need repainting too. The figure came out okay but there's definitely a little more work I need to do. Mostly I was interested in the bigger helmet and seeing if I could pull it all together to give me a unique Boba. The lower half is basically an unaltered lower half from a Jedi version of Boba.

View media item 399121

View media item 399120

View media item 399119

I've done an ESB version with a Imperial Scanning Tech body as a base as well, done three Boba Fetts now with fairly extensive reworks, I'll get a group shot up soon alongside some of the standard releases for some comparisons.

Here's they are...
View media item 399122
The one on the far left is the Evolutions version with removeable (and very undersized) helmet. The others are done with different bodies and armor, etc. removed from various Boba donors and attached along with small clear tubes on the right arm, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Fett on the stand (second from right) might be the prettiest I’ve ever seen. That’s what Hasbro should make! I’m excited about their new TVC Fett, but your colors are the pinnacle of perfection!

I also love the silver spider droid; what a great idea!

Reaction score
That’s just too awesome. I’m IMMEDIATELY going to try to make an 8D8 like that!

Reaction score
The jerba actually hurts my eyes because it’s so awesome. And look how awesome young Bib looks! He had no idea where he’d end up in life!

Reaction score
Time to do an update!

First up???...some Jabba's palace extras!P1010007.JPG

My attempt at Fozec. He's one of the guys I think we might eventually see Hasbro release but I couldn't wait. Featuring a GI Joe Roadblock head and arms, some Pirate of the Carribean chest, a Vizam do-rag, Cassian legs, and some leather and red velvet bits along with a custom vibro axe.

P1010008.JPG

Here's Kithaba. Yes, we got an official Vintage Collection version, but I wanted to make one based on the pic from the book "Costumes: The Original Trilogy" by Branden Alinger with a different overall look. I need to revise him so he has the yellowish halfcape thingy.

P1010014.JPG

A cantina guy, used the Vintage Collection Greef Karga on Snaggletooth, colors matched pretty well.

P1010010.JPG

A couple of the barge gunners. Used a different head and hands and added the ankle wraps from the old POTF2 Vizam. Grey guy is a VC Bespin Luke with some black boots and a Law & Order head.

P1010009.JPG More of a fan-fic type custom. A green Twilek. She was a fun one to do, think there's some GI Joe Baroness bits in there.

P1010013.JPG

Used a Merumeru to give some more articulated arms on J'Quille. Redid the pouches. No big whoop.

P1010012.JPG

Not sure if this guy has a name or not.....he's one of the countless extras seen in Jabba's court. Think he may end up getting some other head eventually.

More to come!!!!

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    870.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are some great takes on some popular characters! I really love how you updated the Snaggletooth and J’Quille!

Reaction score
Did a few 6" repaints of the 5 POA Threepio, the fact that these have less articulation than the black series 6" made them more appealing to me as customs. I highly recommend the liquid chrome Molotow markers (I used the 1mm and 4mm versions and there is a 2 mm marker available-got them at Hobby Lobby) to use for chrome droid type stuff. Pretty easy and very cool effect.

P1010001.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010005.JPG
P1010003.JPG

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    723.4 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Did a few 6" repaints of the 5 POA Threepio, the fact that these have less articulation than the black series 6" made them more appealing to me as customs. I highly recommend the liquid chrome Molotow markers (I used the 1mm and 4mm versions and there is a 2 mm marker available-got them at Hobby Lobby) to use for chrome droid type stuff. Pretty easy and very cool effect.
WOW! 3PO is in the zeitgeist house! Look amazing! The chrome looks especially good! I’ve done a couple of the Disney metal 6” versions, but this Hasbro one is way better.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
All of your customs are insane, but that Jerba and Max Rebo alteration are spectacular! I bought one of the additions to the red ball jett organ from hole in the ground, and it’s great, but yours looks absolutely screen accurate!

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! I was thinking about that sort of large scale possibility, Tyranusspotting. Royal Starship, 12" Hasbro Death Star Droid, Grogu's pram, Mando (or any) armor,....lots of smaller scale droid type opportunities....there's a whole lot of stuff the chrome pen could work on. I'm very impressed by how well the chrome effect works and above all, the stuff I've done is pretty good about no paint rubs and general permanence. It's a lot cost wise for just a pen or two, but then I think about how much I've spent on spraypaint, enamels, acrylics, etc.... and it's really worth it. I have seen a video of Adam Savage tweaking a Razor Crest using various techniques, I'll see if I can't find it and post a link....

Reaction score
Nice effect! I wonder how many pens it would take to repaint Hasbro's Naboo Royal Starship in this reflective chrome color. ;)
The “ink” in those pens can be bought in a refill bottle as well, which would be enough for the Naboo starship. They are alcohol based, and clean up is easy with 70 or 99% alcohol….while it’s fresh!!! It’s bullet proof once dry.

Reaction score
Figured I'd post some shots of Max Rebo and his red ball jet organ...
P1010005 (1).JPGP1010004 (1).JPGP1010001 (1).JPGP1010002 (1).JPGP1010003 (1).JPG
I'd repainted the whole organ, added the "speaker" made of an "O"-ring and small PVC pieces. I repainted the Max figure to be a little more accurate colorwise as well. If you look carefully, under each key, I'd replaced the underside with a smaller diameter piece than what is on the original organ. I think I used pieces of small gauge wire, then nipped off the parts on the keyboard, drilled a small hole of short depth and superglued the new bits in place. Finally, I positioned a Salacious Crumb perched on top. I don't know what possessed me to spend so much time and effort doctoring a blue elephant in diapers. I debate trying to add some articulation to Max, maybe I'll get around to it eventually.