What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
Took a chance with a 1 feedback seller last week in a straight auction and won this for an absolute steal of $545....it arrived today. AFA 75 (with a box grade of 80) and I’m so in love, I want all the others!!!!

View attachment 385797View attachment 385796

Jim
A nice pic up. I always liked the 12" line. To bad Kenner didn't continue the line for ESB & ROTJ. We did get the 12" line back in 1996 when they brought back Star Wars toys.

Reaction score
My 12in complete 1978 Kenner Chewie and the 1983 Kenner/LFL Ewok Catapult came in today. That completes my 12in collection for now. Now before anyone says anything, I know the rock is not right. In fact it is just a piece of wet wadded up paper towel for show until I find one for sell that they don't want $20 plus shipping for. Tho not Kenner, I added a couple mail ins.

20210508_103855.jpg20210508_103937.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now before anyone says anything, I know the rock is not right. In fact it is just a piece of wet wadded up paper towel for show until I find one for sell that they don't want $20 plus shipping for.
It looks surprisingly nice. Dip it into some tea here and there to greater effect of looking like a rock. I say tea, not coffee, as tea does not mold.

Reaction score
Got this beauty in the mail today !!!
Battle damaged tie fighter!!!
I’ll need to disassemble it, clean it, get the motor oiled and working , and get some new decals, but I have wanted this since I was 3, and at 41 I finally have one!!! What a great day!
Now just need a loose
Battle damaged x wing and B-wing to complete my loose non-grail collection.
I know the a-wing, skiff, and sandcrawler are on my list but realistically those may never happen.
View attachment 384694
Restoration complete -
After complete tear down, disassembly, cleaning and repair.
* Motor works and makes noise
* light comes on
* clean non-battle damage look complete.
So clean looks like it’s 83 again! One more off the bucket list...for my loose vehicle completion it’s Down to realistically obtainable...
B-wing
Battle damaged x-wing
Also need grails...
Skiff
Jawa Sandcrawler

3F777C69-B5B3-429A-A707-011CDA7E39A6.jpeg
07970F7F-265E-42C5-B2C4-DCE0F747B433.jpeg
F5174C91-5987-43F1-A9B7-266FEED2AC3D.jpeg
EBFA870B-6FA6-40F6-A64A-04C3C1FA3196.jpeg

Reaction score
picked up a few pre 1983 pieces from ebay this weekend. All with original weapons.

Hoth Leia, Hans, Luke, and Rebel Soldier
Hammerhead
Lobot
Leia Boushh
Bossk

Pics when they arrive

Last edited:
Reaction score
The local rich kid had all the fad toys every year. I still am jealous of him for having Battle Beasts and Dino Riders. Awesome find!

Reaction score
FD9CA26A-4797-41D8-B3E5-94B20279587D.jpeg
Got me a handful of lili ledy figs this week. Jedi Luke has a repro saber, but all the rest are original and correct. Dig the “burlap” coat on the Han Endor! And the paint app on palpatine make him look even more sickly and gaunt than the Kenner version! Very cool.

Reaction score
View attachment 386248
Got me a handful of lili ledy figs this week. Jedi Luke has a repro saber, but all the rest are original and correct. Dig the “burlap” coat on the Han Endor! And the paint app on palpatine make him look even more sickly and gaunt than the Kenner version! Very cool.
Love Palps!

I’m sure this has been answered a million places but where’d you pick up the Ledy stands?

Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing a lili ledy Emperor with that much color contrast on the skintone, it almost looks painted with some drybrushing, which is a customizing technique to bring out detail.

Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing a lili ledy Emperor with that much color contrast on the skintone, it almost looks painted with some drybrushing, which is a customizing technique to bring out detail.
It came out looking shaded that way in the picture, but in person it’s solid colored. Just a lot creamier white than the Kenner figure, paired with the darker grey of the body.

Reaction score
DE1231AE-6743-4F38-910A-305A85AF68EF.jpegHere’s the same figure in different lighting. No dry brushing. Maybe some dirt...

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that photo looks much different - that creamy white / yellow enhances his decrepit features. I can see the grit you're talking about. I'm always curious to know how different collectors preserve their collection, and whether they clean them upon purchase.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that photo looks much different - that creamy white / yellow enhances his decrepit features. I can see the grit you're talking about. I'm always curious to know how different collectors preserve their collection, and whether they clean them upon purchase.
If it's loose figures I almost always clean them with soap and a toothbrush. I think that they display better by doing that.

Reaction score
That's not his cane, right? Isn't that an Ewok weapon?
The Lili Ledy Emperor came with a black Ewok staff in lieu of his cane from the Kenner counterpart. Also of note, LL Endor Han has a solid black bespin blaster.

Reaction score
The Lili Ledy Emperor came with a black Ewok staff in lieu of his cane from the Kenner counterpart. Also of note, LL Endor Han has a solid black bespin blaster.
I heartell, Palitoy gave out Jabba's Palace blasters with AT-ST drivers. Strange things happen in those far off mystical lands of Inglonde and Mex'ikow.

I still think it's weird that Kenner gave out palace blasters with Endor Luke and General Lando. Which, btw, I SWORE I remebered mine coming with plain old A/B-Wing pilot style guns.

Reaction score
I still think it's weird that Kenner gave out palace blasters with Endor Luke and General Lando. Which, btw, I SWORE I remebered mine coming with plain old A/B-Wing pilot style guns.
Yeah, especially since he uses the saber on the Biker Scout. You could have also did a play scene with an AT-AT and homemade landing platform. The only instance, obviously, of Luke using the Palace blaster is the stolen one in Jabba's palace. And, there were rare mistakes made with miscards and incorrect guns, so it is certainly a possibility.

Reaction score
Yeah, especially since he uses the saber on the Biker Scout. You could have also did a play scene with an AT-AT and homemade landing platform. The only instance, obviously, of Luke using the Palace blaster is the stolen one in Jabba's palace. And, there were rare mistakes made with miscards and incorrect guns, so it is certainly a possibility.
I got a POTF Darth Vader for my birthday as a kid. My brother specifically picked it out because it had two sabers: one in his arm and one rattling around in the bubble. His plan was that I would give him the extra one because his Vader was missing his saber. Lol

Reaction score
Wow, that thing is cool! I love the yellow dossier card!

Reaction score
I know this isn’t that exciting in the least....but I have actually been looking for months (these things are really tough) to find a loose Bespin Guard, with perfect AND vibrant gold trim and he finally arrived yesterday.

1621545461804.jpeg

Jim

Reaction score
Yeah, the Bespin Guard is tough, because even if he does have nice gold trim the hands (especially knuckles, or brim of the hat, are usually missing paint.

I am still looking for a Luke Hoth! Going on at least 10 years. His binoculars are absolutely tough. If its not his binocs that have missing paint its his crotch, ass or boots. Some say Han Hoth, but I have a few that are very, very nice.