Vintage Lot Value?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum. As a child, i was fortunate enough to have a relative that worked at Kenner Products. I got a lot of good stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I sure wish that i had the foresight to save some of that treasure. My mom recently passed away and while sorting through stuff i came across a collection of figures that she had stowed away for me. This is a collection of 50 figures, some duplicates, some still in the plastic from Kenner. There a couple of figures that are still on the 45 back cards. The C-3PO is "uncracked" if that matters. I also have the Darth Vader case with the card and unused sticker sheet. There are also a couple of toy inserts. The weapons for the opened figures were stored in the weapons slot of the case and I tried to match them up with the figures the best i could. I was hoping that some of you more knowledgeable folks could help me put a value on this lot. Shoot any questions that you may have and i will answer them the best as i can. Thank you for any help.003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Nice lot. Where in Kentucky are you? Close to Cincinnati home of Kenner? This would be good in the thread what is your latest Kenner acquisition section. Nice to see the baggie figures.

Reaction score
I’m located in southeast Kentucky. My fathers Aunt worked at Kenner when I was a kid and she would ship the stuff to me or bring it at Christmas. All of this is from that time. I haven’t acquired anything new since I was about 12 or 13, I’m 53 now. LOL

Reaction score
The Bespin Luke and Hoth Leia look odd. They both look too realistic, with paint that is very well done, almost like what should have been.

Reaction score
Considering the source, there may be some first shots in that group.

Reaction score
I will take a couple of better photos of the Luke and Leia and upload them. If there's anything else anyone would like to see a better photo, just let me know.

Reaction score
If you figure something out. Please let me know. I would be interested.

Thank you

Reaction score
I’m located in southeast Kentucky. My fathers Aunt worked at Kenner when I was a kid and she would ship the stuff to me or bring it at Christmas. All of this is from that time. I haven’t acquired anything new since I was about 12 or 13, I’m 53 now. LOL
There are what look to be prototype items in there! BIG BIG MONEY if they are legit. the tuskin raider, and the off painted lukes for example. seld pictures of the backs of the figures, and look for copyright dates.

Reaction score
There are what look to be prototype items in there! BIG BIG MONEY if they are legit. the tuskin raider, and the off painted lukes for example. seld pictures of the backs of the figures, and look for copyright dates.
When i get home this evening, i will photograph the backs of all figures. The two above, if you blow up the pics you can see what appears to be 1980.

Luke.jpgLeia.jpg

Reaction score

I personally, have to no reason to suspect otherwise. These have been in storage, in the back of a closet for nearly 40 years. My mom collected Barbies herself. She accumulated close to 200 of them, including ALL of the Holiday Barbies.

Reaction score
Leia and Luke look normal now. They had a weird gray, well-painted look for some odd reason before.

Ben and Tusken look like the possibility of prototype or test capes. Big indicator for any test figures are if there is no Country of Origin on the back of the leg (COO) or if there is anything on the bottoms of the feet.

Stowed away — so, you did you play with, or modify these, in your youth?

Reaction score
Leia and Luke look normal now. They had a weird gray, well-painted look for some odd reason before.

Ben and Tusken look like the possibility of prototype or test capes. Big indicator for any test figures are if there is no Country of Origin on the back of the leg (COO) or if there is anything on the bottoms of the feet.

A handful of them were played with. I had many others that didn’t survive my childhood. 95% of these didn’t make in to the rotation. The Luke and Leia are a different shade than the others. I used a flash on the newer photos that may have lightened up a little.6B33E934-618C-461F-A067-F7ABCABA0507.jpeg88E9A17A-278E-493B-B2AB-3A07001E2E5F.jpeg

Reaction score

There were NO modifications done to anything, not even the ones I played with. The storm troopers and Leia Organa are pretty much the only game used figures in the lot. They all seem to have the COO of Hong Kong. Nothing on the feet.

Reaction score
Definitely check all those figures for dates and copyright info anything without those could be a first shot/prototype worth thousands each. If you spot any lmk or post up pictures here. Id be interesred in the loose chewbacca if you decide to split these up.K

Reaction score
Likewise. Please PM or post some prices when you sort things out. Some real gems in that lot, especially considering they came from a Kenner employee.

Reaction score
PM to you.

Also, some of the weapons are with the wrong figures, if you're interested in that.
For example, the gun you have with Snaggletooth should be with the Bespin Guard.
If you want more, just let me know.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum. As a child, i was fortunate enough to have a relative that worked at Kenner Products. I got a lot of good stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I sure wish that i had the foresight to save some of that treasure. My mom recently passed away and while sorting through stuff i came across a collection of figures that she had stowed away for me. This is a collection of 50 figures, some duplicates, some still in the plastic from Kenner. There a couple of figures that are still on the 45 back cards. The C-3PO is "uncracked" if that matters. I also have the Darth Vader case with the card and unused sticker sheet. There are also a couple of toy inserts. The weapons for the opened figures were stored in the weapons slot of the case and I tried to match them up with the figures the best i could. I was hoping that some of you more knowledgeable folks could help me put a value on this lot. Shoot any questions that you may have and i will answer them the best as i can. Thank you for any help.View attachment 410608View attachment 410609View attachment 410610View attachment 410611View attachment 410612View attachment 410613View attachment 410614View attachment 410615View attachment 410616View attachment 410617View attachment 410618View attachment 410619View attachment 410620View attachment 410621View attachment 410622
What I would do is check Ebay's completed auctions setting to see what similar items sold for. In one of your pics, imperial troopers do not have the correct weapons they would have been issued with (I think it was the stormtrooper and At-At drivers). I am sorry you lost your mother. Take care!

Reaction score
All of the discoloration seen here is due to plastic degradation.

Never seen discoloration that was this bad with these specific capes. I could see that possibly being the case with Ben. The Tusken, though? It is quite severe, on both sides, and yet the figure is in near pristine condition. Although I do see the edges of the cape look to be the proper tan.

Reaction score
Never seen discoloration that was this bad with these specific capes. I could see that possibly being the case with Ben. The Tusken, though? It is quite severe, on both sides, and yet the figure is in near pristine condition. Although I do see the edges of the cape look to be the proper tan.
That Tusken cape looks old as the rest, albiet a bit thicker than the released cape. Could have been a failed test color, as the cuts look somewhat correct? The 70's was all about Earth-tones, so maybe they thought about matching the cape with his gloves and bandolier? First impression is that is what they were doing with the Tusken. Interest piece to say the least.

Reaction score
That Tusken cape looks old as the rest, albiet a bit thicker than the released cape. Could have been a failed test color, as the cuts look somewhat correct? The 70's was all about Earth-tones, so maybe they thought about matching the cape with his gloves and bandolier? First impression is that is what they were doing with the Tusken. Interest piece to say the least.
66A094E8-BB88-4563-8DFA-C827F4BDFB96.jpeg
No prototypes here. Its plastic degradation. Did you see that Luke leg? That’s preproduction too? Lol

https://imperialgunnery.forumotion....out-discolored-figures-but-were-afraid-to-ask

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/rotting-melting-capes-on-sand-people-is-that-normal.1098116/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yikes! I've never seen that before! Maybe they spec'ed out the wrong grade vinyl for some of the early figures? That's super funky.

Would be cool if that Luke was all dark like that. Almost looks like a bronze casting. LOL

Reaction score
Thanks. Definitely can see the degradation now, with hints of the original tan showing through here and there. The original photos made the Tusken look like the cape was textured or thicker.

Just so odd that the figure itself, with no body or torso discoloration, is in amazing condition — the horns look to be perfect. And the horns can be tough to find without damage, let alone nice factory application.

What did Luke have on his leg? Paint that cleaned up? Mold?

Reaction score
What did Luke have on his leg? Paint that cleaned up? Mold?
I have no idea. It took some elbow grease, but he looks so nice now. Maybe some slight darkness in folds I couldn't get to.

I'll have to share a picture!

I am unsure whether or not to clean up the Tusken cape - apparently it will clean right up. Or opt for a mint cape, since the figure...like you said is very beautiful condition.

Reaction score
Very nice collection! Congrats to the buyer. I’d love to know how much you picked it up for, if you’d wouldn’t mind telling me (or dm)