Vintage Figure Display Options

Reaction score
Sooooo long story short.....bought a house last month, and it turns out I'll have 2 mancaves (yes!), one will be slightly classier, lol. So I'm thinking of ways I'd like to make a display for my own childhood 3,75 figures.

Saw a lot of people use shadow boxes, which is what I'm leaning towards.

Thought it might be cool to get 3, and hang them on the wall one on top of the other; and in one, have the quintessential ANH characters, the next ESB, and the bottom one ROTJ.

Saw these at Michaels, and they already have a LED light switch in them:

Anyone have any experience in doing something like this? I'd love to see some photos to get some more ideas.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Collectors have used baseball bat cases for a while. This is a nice option but pretty much the same. I believe the bat case is less expensive and there used to be a backdrop made for the bat case for the figures.

Reaction score
Collectors have used baseball bat cases for a while. This is a nice option but pretty much the same. I believe the bat case is less expensive and there used to be a backdrop made for the bat case for the figures.

Hi, Just got these for my collection. They are awesome. A guy named Brandon in California is selling them on Ebay.

Hey ya'll...thanks for the input and advice....I completed my project.

I attached some photos of the project, although the entire room isn't completed yet, but you'll get the idea.

Here is half of the room, and you can see the wall I was dealing with...

QjZO6bC.jpg

a closer view with the LED lights on:

qpn19llh.jpg

sVOn4QS.jpg

ZNA6I00.jpg

Lights off:

gRmwA32h.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those loook awesome! I have been considering a set up like this. Looks clean! K

Reaction score
Sooooo long story short.....bought a house last month, and it turns out I'll have 2 mancaves (yes!), one will be slightly classier, lol. So I'm thinking of ways I'd like to make a display for my own childhood 3,75 figures.

Saw a lot of people use shadow boxes, which is what I'm leaning towards.

Thought it might be cool to get 3, and hang them on the wall one on top of the other; and in one, have the quintessential ANH characters, the next ESB, and the bottom one ROTJ.

Saw these at Michaels, and they already have a LED light switch in them:

Anyone have any experience in doing something like this? I'd love to see some photos to get some more ideas.

Thanks!
I have been thinking about buying these exact cases myself, so I'm glad to see yours. They look great. Thanks for sharing.

question: do you think two rows could fit comfortably in each case? I'm considering a back row sort of on a "riser" and staggering the back figures in between the front. I don't want to have to buy 8 cases to display all the figures, but also don't want the cases to look cluttered.

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying these exact cases myself, so I'm glad to see yours. They look great. Thanks for sharing.

question: do you think two rows could fit comfortably in each case? I'm considering a back row sort of on a "riser" and staggering the back figures in between the front. I don't want to have to buy 8 cases to display all the figures, but also don't want the cases to look cluttered.

Thanks!

So I'd definitely say NO, there is no room.

The photo I attached below shows just how little room there is for anything more than a single figure stand; and single figure.

Also, keep in mind these are NOT the larger "baseball bat" display cases; they are significantly shorter...not sure if the depth is different though. The wall I wanted these for was just too short to fit the larger baseball bat ones. These are marketed for Funco's actually.

Here:

Reaction score
Thanks!

So I'd definitely say NO, there is no room.

The photo I attached below shows just how little room there is for anything more than a single figure stand; and single figure.

Also, keep in mind these are NOT the larger "baseball bat" display cases; they are significantly shorter...not sure if the depth is different though. The wall I wanted these for was just too short to fit the larger baseball bat ones. These are marketed for Funco's actually.

Here:
well ... that's a bummer.
I just doublechecked the website, and it does indeed list a 2.6" deep 'working space'.
I was originally thinking the baseball cases, but I like the way the LEDs make your displays 'pop', they look very clean and tight.

Anyway, thanks for the pic.

Reaction score
Super clean display duskamp. Just the way I like 'em. You use same acrylic stairs that I do. What I am digging...is the order with SW top row working towards POTF. I may consider that lay out ....