UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Mandalorian droid set of 4 back in stock on DBT
Got one of these from these guys and arrived in great condition, not lightning fast dispatch but it got here ok

Has anyone used these before? Some really bad trustpilot reviews, tweets and facebook posts about them.

EDIT: sorry didn't see your second sentence when I replied, thanks!

Reaction score
I see the Stormtrooper troop builder pack from Pulse has slipped again, it was due for despatch today but has now moved to the 7th.

Reaction score
Random question. Anyone got the bandai R2 and R5 kit (not knock off) that they want to part with?

Reaction score
Just received my replacement EFX Mandalorian helmet from Sideshow. Thankfully no paint issues on this one. Very impressed with their customer service and took a week to get a new one to me

Reaction score
Do you think the dates listed on hasbro pulse for BS items are a good indication for stock for other retailers?

They claim they are getting stock on the Gaming Great black and orange ARC trooper on the 14th of February and I'm wondering if the other retailers will get him in at the same time.

I hate this preorder weirdness where you have no idea what is coming and when.

Reaction score
Do you think the dates listed on hasbro pulse for BS items are a good indication for stock for other retailers?

They claim they are getting stock on the Gaming Great black and orange ARC trooper on the 14th of February and I'm wondering if the other retailers will get him in at the same time.

I hate this preorder weirdness where you have no idea what is coming and when.

I would say the independents would get stock around the same time as Pulse or just before.

Reaction score
The next wave of BS has been found at a target in the US (Ahsoka, Deathwatch Mando, The Client, Omega, Echo). Not officially announced or up for preorder yet but once again the figures have been produced, boxed and shipped through distributors to retailers and leaked. How do Hasbro keep letting it happen. UK stock will no doubt be months away.

Reaction score
And yet, when there's a film out, they can have Marvel Legends on shelves months beforehand. I sometimes wonder why Hasbro renewed their licence, they don't seem to be bothered about SW at all.

Reaction score
The next wave of BS has been found at a target in the US (Ahsoka, Deathwatch Mando, The Client, Omega, Echo). Not officially announced or up for preorder yet but once again the figures have been produced, boxed and shipped through distributors to retailers and leaked. How do Hasbro keep letting it happen. UK stock will no doubt be months away.

Weren't these all officially revealed/announced through Bring Home The Bounty and the Pulse 1027 event?

Strange that some US stores street date items and refuse to sell them, but then other times collectors can pick up figures aren't even up for preorder.

Hopefully available for all on Wednesday with the next Fan First Event. Excited / hoping to see some TVC reveals!

Reaction score
Weren't these all officially revealed/announced through Bring Home The Bounty and the Pulse 1027 event?

Strange that some US stores street date items and refuse to sell them, but then other times collectors can pick up figures aren't even up for preorder.

Hopefully available for all on Wednesday with the next Fan First Event. Excited / hoping to see some TVC reveals!

Yes they have all been shown. But Hasbro haven't confirmed they make up a wave or opened preorders. Preorders clearly will go live linked to their livestream on Wednesday but its still crazy Hasbro have let their thunder get stolen by another leak.

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of Ebay advice

I had a SS Jango Fett listed and during the week I woke up to find I had received a message from a bidder - the first asking if I would do a BIN at the price I had it listed for and then to find he had bid on it.

A day later he retracted the bid

The auctioned ended yesterday with no bidders. I relisted it at a BIN and he then bought it

Last night he then asks if it has a left and right foot as apparently some came with 2 left feet. I responded it had both left and right. He then wants to cancel and almost immediately, before I responded, says he wants it and when will I post

I've woken up this morning to find 5 messages - the first saying he has read reviews and wants to cancel. Then there are 3 asking why I have not cancelled it, a 4th asking if it brand new, and a 5th saying as my listing says it is brand new he will now have it!

My listing clearly says it's used, but has ben taken out of the box, checked over, never been played with or displayed, and put back in the box for storage. It's mint and complete.

What do you think I should do, send it or cancel it?

Given their behaviour I can easily see them filing some of of dispute with Ebay if I send it to them

If I cancel and refund do I still have to pay the ebay fees?

Reaction score

I had a SS Jango Fett listed and during the week I woke up to find I had received a message from a bidder - the first asking if I would do a BIN at the price I had it listed for and then to find he had bid on it.

The auctioned ended yesterday with no bidders. I relisted it at a BIN and he then bought it

Last night he then asks if it has a left and right foot as apparently some came with 2 left feet. I responded it had both left and right. He then wants to cancel and almost immediately, before I responded, says he wants it and when will I post

I've woken up this morning to find 5 messages - the first saying he has read reviews and wants to cancel. Then there are 3 asking why I have not cancelled it, a 4th asking if it brand new, and a 5th saying as my listing says it is brand new he will now have it!

My listing clearly says it's used, but has ben taken out of the box, checked over, never been played with or displayed, and put back in the box for storage. It's mint and complete.

Given their behaviour I can easily see them filing some of of dispute with Ebay if I send it to them

Not sure about the fees situation but I personally would not send the figure to him, I'd be looking at cancelling the deal.
Definitely a time waster and potential scammer.
I too would suspect him to try and file an issue once he received the figure.

If you had to pay the listing fee only, its the lesser of two given what you could be losing out on if you send and he files a dispute. You'll have your account frozen causing financial issues until it's sorted.

Reaction score

what is his feedback like? He sounds like trouble and would advise cancelling the transaction, lifes too short to be dealing with muppets like this.

Reaction score

Yeah I'd cancel this and screenshot his messages where he says he wants to cancel, you can always have them ready if eBay need to get involved.

I'd be worried about sending it out to him and then he wants a refund/claims it never arrived. A risk of being out of pocket and losing the item for a future sale.

Not worth the hassle!

Reaction score

Cancel. List the reason as he wants to cancel and you ll get the fees back. Also block him from bidding on any future listings.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will go ahead and cancel it. I've been bombarded again form them as to why I have yet to cancel. Like I've got nothing better to do than watch my Ebay account all day and night

Buyer has a user name of mada304431

Last edited:
Reaction score

There used to be an option for 'buyer and seller have mutually agreed to not proceed with the sale" I believe this benefits both sides and no fees are involved, although it was some years ago that I had to use this so not sure if it's still on there mate
But echo the others comments re cancelling, sounds like trouble waiting to happen

Reaction score
There used to be an option for 'buyer and seller have mutually agreed to not proceed with the sale" I believe this benefits both sides and no fees are involved, although it was some years ago that I had to use this so not sure if it's still on there mate
But echo the others comments re cancelling, sounds like trouble waiting to happen

I've processed it and thankfully will looks like I'm only out of pocket by 30p

Reaction score
Cancel. List the reason as he wants to cancel and you ll get the fees back. Also block him from bidding on any future listings.

I've ended up eating PayPal fees in the past when buyers have asked to cancel. Not sure what the situation is now that eBay is moving away from PayPal.

Reaction score
I forgot to say that I had received my Hot Toys Deluxe Double Boba set (Armor & Robes) on Friday. They look sooo good, I think they are up there with my favourite Star Wars purchases! I’m so glad I opted for the deluxe seeing as Boba wore the robes again in TBOBF.

I’ve got Bo Katan and the Dark Trooper next on my list of pre-orders to arrive.

- ASH

Reaction score
Pre orders Tuesday 6pm usual suspects
TVC Din Djarin Morak disguise and
BS 'Deluxe' Dark Trooper

Attachments

• FLCJxBYXsAUegq5.jpeg
    FLCJxBYXsAUegq5.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 8
  • FLCJw91X0AArhGq.jpeg
    FLCJw91X0AArhGq.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
  • FLCJw_fWYAEDYh8.jpeg
    FLCJw_fWYAEDYh8.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1644279791891.png
    1644279791891.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 1644279719165.png
    1644279719165.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 1644279844765.png
    1644279844765.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 1644279587838.png
    1644279587838.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Pre orders Tuesday 6pm usual suspects
TVC Din Djarin Morak disguise and
BS 'Deluxe' Dark Trooper
I can’t believe it took Hasbro over a year to even announce a Darktrooper! And it probably won’t even be arriving this half of the year. My HT Darktrooper is due in April, you know something is wrong when a 12 month old Hot Toys pre-order arrives before the Hasbro basic figure.

EDIT: TBS Darktrooper is coming SPRING 2023!!!!

- ASH

Reaction score
I can’t believe it took Hasbro over a year to even announce a Darktrooper! And it probably won’t even be arriving this half of the year. My HT Darktrooper is due in April, you know something is wrong when a 12 month old Hot Toys pre-order arrives before the Hasbro basic figure.

EDIT: TBS Darktrooper is coming SPRING 2023!!!!

- ASH

It was supposed to be October and may still be around then. Hasbro seem to be do this weird just in case thing of adding 6 months to the date of everything at the moment which doesn't help anyone plan. Cobb Vanth was offered for July and arrived with retailers last week as an example.