UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
There are some sold boxed, complete Kenner ones that have sold between £250 - £350. Given it's Palitoy and wold be rarer and more desirable then I would be looking for more than that. Maybe a £400 reserve?

This excellent group might be worth a try as well? Run by a decent lot.

Reaction score
Its been announced that Hasbro's Star Wars licence has been renewed and they are doing Indiana Jone figures next year. So we have to put up with more years of their crap!

Saw that! What do we reckon - retro 5POA 3.75” Indy and articulated 6”?

I have been loving TVC these past couple years so I’m very happy they’ve extended if it means this continues.

Tend to think it’s better to have the devil we know - don’t want another company starting their line afresh, would have to sit through decades of the same characters we already have before getting to the niche ones we need.

Mind you, a lot of collectors are having to sit through photoreal repacks of the same stuff they already have atm…

Reaction score
I think the Indiana Jones revival is a tie in to the new movie filmed over last summer.
I would not want another manufacturer to produce the starwars line for 3.75 figures. I feel that would automatically lose the "Heritage" status. ?

Reaction score
Saw that! What do we reckon - retro 5POA 3.75” Indy and articulated 6”?

I have been loving TVC these past couple years so I’m very happy they’ve extended if it means this continues.

Tend to think it’s better to have the devil we know - don’t want another company starting their line afresh, would have to sit through decades of the same characters we already have before getting to the niche ones we need.

Mind you, a lot of collectors are having to sit through photoreal repacks of the same stuff they already have atm…
In all honesty I don't think another company would ever go as deep cut as Hasbro does anyway, a standard release for movies these days consists of the mains only, secondary characters are never released and then there's the question of sculpting, looking around at the various lines, Spinmaster goes for soft almost bordering on cartoonish sculpts and Mattel don't look anywhere near as good as big H.

Reaction score
Just had a partial refund from ID Toys for Morak Fett - seems like Hasbro have lowered the RRP.

On Hasbro Pulse it's now £19.99 instead of £23.99

Reaction score
Just had a partial refund from ID Toys for Morak Fett - seems like Hasbro have lowered the RRP.

On Hasbro Pulse it's now £19.99 instead of £23.99
Yep SAF doing the same, if you have an order with them they've said to re-order and then request cancellation of the original one

Reaction score
Well after advice, I listed the Cantina on Echo auctions in the end, and after so many people saying 'start low!' 'Amazing piece!' 'It'll go for loads!' Some lucky bugger is going to get a bargain. Only two people interested so far and it's staying close to start (I started it at the same price as the loose one with repro backdrops) It's running until 9 tomorrow night, and barring a last minute flurry (not familiar with the site, so I've no idea if last minute bidding is usual), somebody is going to do very, very well.

Reaction score
Well after advice, I listed the Cantina on Echo auctions in the end, and after so many people saying 'start low!' 'Amazing piece!' 'It'll go for loads!' Some lucky bugger is going to get a bargain. Only two people interested so far and it's staying close to start (I started it at the same price as the loose one with repro backdrops) It's running until 9 tomorrow night, and barring a last minute flurry (not familiar with the site, so I've no idea if last minute bidding is usual), somebody is going to do very, very well.

You can always refuse to sell if it doesn't reach to the value you was hoping for.

eBay with as reserve is the only way to protect you from it selling cheap

Reaction score
Big shout out to Woody on here from whom I purchased a Sideshow figure that he was selling.
Smooth transaction, great communication, well packed (bomb proof) and at a good and sensible price.

I would like to second this, had a big box delivery of the Sideshow Bounty Hunters from him on Saturday. Very well packaged and a very good price!

Thanks Woody!

Reaction score
Thanks Both - glad everything arrived safe and sound and you are happy. Waiting for the new RS website to go live to reinvest the funds :)

Listed a few SS figures on ebay yesterday as not getting any traction in the classifieds

Just had 2 x TVC Mando Maldo Kries arrive.

Reaction score
BS Tython Boba, should be up for pre order tomorrow usual time, pics from yakface

Attachments

• FKd3mv8WYAErhdB.jpeg
    FKd3mv8WYAErhdB.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 5
  • FKd3murXEAUQJiO.jpeg
    FKd3murXEAUQJiO.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FKd3mtSXwAAhAX_.jpeg
    FKd3mtSXwAAhAX_.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 5
  • FKd3mr6XsAIpeSW.jpeg
    FKd3mr6XsAIpeSW.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Just heard the Boba Fett going live tonight, a so called deluxe figure, has a RRP of £38.00!!!!

Wonder if they'll bring that down to £35 or something in a while - the Morak TVC one was originally £23.99

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll bring that down to £35 or something in a while - the Morak TVC one was originally £23.99

It's that price with SAF. Absolutely lost the plot. Talk about fleecing collectors. Hasbro taking the p@ss.

Yet another Mando / Boba figure. Wonder if they've lost the moulds for the other characters in the SW universe?

Reaction score
Not sure how Hasbro figures out their priorities... If they can only start working on stuff when the episode has aired, that Mando Fett should have been out at least six months ago. And I know a Dark Trooper is supposedly rumoured, but it's been over 2 years since they've been on telly and not so much as a 'pipeline' reveal. They could literally print money with that figure, in both scales!

Reaction score
It's that price with SAF. Absolutely lost the plot. Talk about fleecing collectors. Hasbro taking the p@ss.

Yet another Mando / Boba figure. Wonder if they've lost the moulds for the other characters in the SW universe?
Hasbro are taking the piss. Black Series figures are usually £19 or £20 at SAF, this Fett is £35 - why? How the **** is this a "deluxe" figure?
This just seems to be a Boba Fett tax. Tell Hasbro to do one, don't order this. The TVC version at £19 was bad enough, this is even worse.

Reaction score
....I know a Dark Trooper is supposedly rumoured, but it's been over 2 years since they've been on telly and not so much as a 'pipeline' reveal. They could literally print money with that figure, in both scales!
Was the Dark Trooper seen before season 2? If not, that was only just over one year ago.

Reaction score
Went to Smyths yesterday, and gotta say, they've REALLY downsized the Star Wars section again. Clearance stickers over all lines. I'm hoping they've all sold through to make room for new assortments, but seems strange that all those Endor Han, Hoth Luke and Peasant Anakin TVC figures have all of a sudden been sought after.

6" Ventress is now on clearance at £15.

They did have a bunch of Wreckers though, they are new.

Hopefully some new waves are incoming? Nothing on their website though. The Kuiil wave kind of half hit, but he's marked as 'no longer available' on my store (he's never even hit though) and I wonder if that's because the Retro Kuiil sold so poorly.

Hope it's not the start of the new dark times after they had 144 Zuvios on pegs at £1 during TFA toyline.

Reaction score
Hot Toys 40th Esb Boba Fett has just arrived from TBA. first time I have used him and all went smooth (just over 2 weeks from ordering to delivery) and no RM ransom charges either.

Reaction score
There's a Hasbro Star Wars live stream next Wednesday. So I predict preorders going live next Thursday. Another wave of BS, BS Archive and VC are overdue for preorder so dust your credit cards down folks.