UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Bit of a shameless plug but I've decided to sell off most of my Medicom & Sideshow sixth scale figures so will be listing in the SSC classifieds over the next few weeks.
Going to keep the big items like Jabba, Yoda's hut, Dewback & Tauntaun, plus most of the clones and troopers, and a few choice figures like Thrawn, Malgus, Blue Coat Hoth Han & Sidious with mechno-chair, but time to let everything else go including the like of Greedo, Momaw Naddon, Blackhole Stormtooper, bounty hunters etc.
It will free up some space please give me some funds to go towards prop replicas

Reaction score
Bit of a shameless plug but I've decided to sell off most of my Medicom & Sideshow sixth scale figures so will be listing in the SSC classifieds over the next few weeks.
Going to keep the big items like Jabba, Yoda's hut, Dewback & Tauntaun, plus most of the clones and troopers, and a few choice figures like Thrawn, Malgus, Blue Coat Hoth Han & Sidious with mechno-chair, but time to let everything else go including the like of Greedo, Momaw Naddon, Blackhole Stormtooper, bounty hunters etc.
It will free up some space please give me some funds to go towards prop replicas

Makes sense. It will certainly free up space, something I am running out of in my display cabinets.

Out of courisity, will you be listing a Luke XWing figure by Sideshow?
Been after one for a while but eBay prices have been silly.

Reaction score
Woody, shoot me a message with your prices on the Bounty Hunters!

Reaction score
I'm still working on pricing and double check condition. All have been opened upon purchase but then put back in the box for storage. Some I can get my hands on easily. A lot will take a few weeks due to decorating

Yes, Luke X-Wing will be included.

Bounty hunters will be:

Bossk - 1st version - exclusive
Dengar
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Jango Fett - exclusive
IG-88 - 1st version - I think this is the exclusive but will take me a bit longer to get to due to decorating
Boba Fett - 1st version - same state as IG-88

Reaction score
I'm still working on pricing and double check condition. All have been opened upon purchase but then put back in the box for storage. Some I can get my hands on easily. A lot will take a few weeks due to decorating

Yes, Luke X-Wing will be included.

Bounty hunters will be:

Bossk - 1st version - exclusive
Dengar
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Jango Fett - exclusive
IG-88 - 1st version - I think this is the exclusive but will take me a bit longer to get to due to decorating
Boba Fett - 1st version - same state as IG-88

When you have sorted out the prices, I would be interested in buying Bossk, IG-88, Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss (if the prices are okay for me) as it will be an expensive purchase all in one go. The extra time you need to get to checking them all will help me out getting the extra funds together.

Hopefully you can do a good price on them for me, if your willing to give me first dibs that is!

Let me know Woody and we can take it from there okay.

Reaction score
When you have sorted out the prices, I would be interested in buying Bossk, IG-88, Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss (if the prices are okay for me) as it will be an expensive purchase all in one go. The extra time you need to get to checking them all will help me out getting the extra funds together.

Hopefully you can do a good price on them for me, if your willing to give me first dibs that is!

Let me know Woody and we can take it from there okay.
Yep - you can have 1st call on them. Thanks for the interest

Reaction score
This weeks BOBF...
Loved it, actually starting to get excited where this is going now.....

Dear Hasbro, please show us a li'l something from BOBF puleeeeese

Last edited:
Reaction score
This weeks BOBF...

Overall I liked it however there were 2 things I didn't. There was some very non-SW sounding music and could have done without the comedy bit.

Reaction score
Overall I liked it however there were 2 things I didn't. There was some very non-SW sounding music and could have done without the comedy bit.

Yes much better than last week but Boba is talking too much and generally being presented too much as a nice guy and the attempts at humour are forced and don't fit. Generally the present storyline felt like it was treading water for me. I hope it ramps up and goes somewhere interesting now that the flashback have almost caught up with The Mandalorian. Glad to see Fennec finally doing something though.

Reaction score
This weeks BOBF...

I hate to disappoint but I think Hasbro are seeing the show and new characters at the same time as we are. So given it takes them 18 months to get new figures to market I predict very little BOBF product until next year.

I reckon we will mainly get leftovers from Mando season 2 and some Andor and Obi Wan figures this year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hate to disappoint but I think Hasbro are seeing the show and new characters at the same time as we are. So given it takes them 18 months to get new figures to market I predict very little BOBF product until next year.

I reckon we will mainly get leftovers from Mando season 2 and some Andor and Obi Wan figures this year.
I think the timing of Haslab perfectly illustrates this point :)

Rumours of TBS Mando figures at Jedi Insider

Reaction score

If 6” get season 2 Greef, I hope 3.75” get season 1 Greef! Need him to go in the Nevarro Cantina.

Really enjoyed this week’s BOBF so much more than last week’s - I’ve noticed I like the ones not directed by Rodriguez a lot more than the ones he does direct.

Reaction score
I fell sleep watching this week's episode.
It was late evening but I just can't be enthused with the show so far.
Not a patch on Mandalorian and I feel it's trying to humanise him too much. Disney obviously want him to be friendly bounty hunter.
Also, seems each episode as if it's a case of 'what can we reference or have a nod to this week?'

Reaction score
I fell sleep watching this week's episode.
It was late evening but I just can't be enthused with the show so far.
Not a patch on Mandalorian and I feel it's trying to humanise him too much. Disney obviously want him to be friendly bounty hunter.
Also, seems each episode as if it's a case of 'what can we reference or have a nod to this week?'

I agree with this. Boba is being presently as a kindly old man and is coming across as weak and clueless. It does feel as thought that's the Disney mandate for the character.

Reaction score

I've heard that there is some movement on waves this year with some replanning going on as a result of the delay on getting the Fennec wave out in all regions on time for Christmas. So I expect some changes to the waves that have been rumoured and this is probably why we have not had any announcements from the Hasbro SW team this year. I think this might mean less waves but with more figures in each this year rather than the waves of 3-5 figures we have seen.

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just being thick (very likely!), but I still can't understand why everyone can't get the same stuff at the same time. I get that there are pandemic related problems with international shipping, but that still doesn't explain to me why the US is getting stuff 2/3 months in advance. Surely all the figures come from the same factories in the Far East, we're actually closer than they are, yet always far behind on deliveries.... I know there are probably1001 reasons why we get left behind, but the selfish, childish bit of me can't see a reason why.

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just being thick (very likely!), but I still can't understand why everyone can't get the same stuff at the same time. I get that there are pandemic related problems with international shipping, but that still doesn't explain to me why the US is getting stuff 2/3 months in advance. Surely all the figures come from the same factories in the Far East, we're actually closer than they are, yet always far behind on deliveries.... I know there are probably1001 reasons why we get left behind, but the selfish, childish bit of me can't see a reason why.

Strangely, we're a couple months ahead of US collectors on certain TVC things atm. Bad Batch 4 pack, Nevarro Cantina, Droids wave, 2D Clone Wars wave, Rebel Fleet Trooper sets all over here before them. Maldo Kreis Mando is allegedly almost ready with SAF and ID, whereas in the States they've just had Walmart delay emails. The Bo-Katan wave hit here first too (although Lando/Palpatine wave was months behind the States)

Reaction score
That is what Hasbro want to achieve. Everything has an on sale date and strictly speaking anyone selling their product should not be selling product before those dates. The problem seems to be that in the distribution some ignore the on sale date and so product appears early. This seems to be a particular issue in Asia where there are more smaller independent retailers rather than chains and with the big US retailers like Walmart where the staff handle a lot of different products and don't know much about toys and embargoes. In the UK Hasbro are quite strict on the on sale dates and are only despatching product to retailers close to the official date. Then Europe seems to have been particularly impacted by shipping delays and I don't think Hasbro have made the best job of planning around it and been reluctant to pay for air shipping as an alternative to using boats.

To give an example the latest Black Series wave with Fennec Shand had an on sale date of 1 November 2021. Hasbro I think were going to announce it and open preorders at their pulse con event but pulled the announcement when they realised they had distribution issues on it and moved the on sale date back to spring 2022. What is odd though is a week or so later the shop Hobbybase in Hong Kong received some from their wholesaler and sold it. Hasbro surely must have known the wave was with some wholesalers so its strange they did not just announce the whole wave. Instead we got a small retailer in Hong Kong basically announcing the wave and in particular Fennec Shand, one of the most sought after figures for SW collectors. Then once it had appeared US retailers who had stock basically said to hell with it and sold what they had. Soo Hasbro lost control. Europe's stock is stuck on a boat somewhere no doubt. I think as a result Hasbro have rejigged dates for this year. The next BS wave with Echo, Ahsoka etc was due in January but looks to have an on sale date of March or April now. It will be interesting to see if someone breaks that date and it appears early somewhere.

What I don't understand is how we randomly get the odd item apparently ahead of other regions like recently the VC Navarro Canteen set. Again it points to Hasbro having a very messy distribution set up.

Reaction score
Got a shipping update from Sideshow regarding my Hot Toys Boba Fett™ (Deluxe Version). Final payment will be taken tomorrow and it will be shipped out next week. 😁

- ASH

Reaction score
Really wanted the carded Nevarro DT, but the set isn't something I'd display. So managed to get the carded fig on eBay for a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Going to ask this in the vintage section too to get a good cross section of info, but does anyone know of good any good places alongside eBay to sell vintage(77) stuff? I've just been given some bits by a friend clearing out their childhood loft in a "you're into Star Wars, is this any use to you" sort of way. I don't really collect vintage and I've got some massive bills looming and want to get the best deal I can. It's not much really, just a 78 Escape the Death Star game and a boxed Palitoy cantina.

Reaction score
Going to ask this in the vintage section too to get a good cross section of info, but does anyone know of good any good places alongside eBay to sell vintage(77) stuff? I've just been given some bits by a friend clearing out their childhood loft in a "you're into Star Wars, is this any use to you" sort of way. I don't really collect vintage and I've got some massive bills looming and want to get the best deal I can. It's not much really, just a 78 Escape the Death Star game and a boxed Palitoy cantina.
Might be worth on this vintage forum, though not something I've used

Reaction score
If you're on the Facebook this group has plenty of buyers on it.

The vintage collectors can be a funny lot, not long ago a empty clear plastic bag which had Woolworths, Star Wars 5 figure pack printed on it sold for £100!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Palitoy Cantina will be worth quite a bit mate
Rarer than the Kenner version as obviously the Palitoy one was UK release only.
Echo groups are quite good but definitely do your homework re the cantina mate 😉