UK Findings and Buyings Thread

Reaction score
Good stuff. I did try to order from there but the 502 says no. Anyway, now I've got one order down I'm weighing up shopping around for more Jawas and Tuskens to army build...

For anyone interested, the prototype Retro Collection Boba Fett is up at Comics and Cocktails.
I’m gambling on the Jawa and Tulane Raider being on sale down the line and I’ll pick up some cheap army builders then.

Reaction score
Just placed my orders with Star Action Figures and site was running slow for me.

2 X Retro Boba Fett Prototype & 2 x Walmart TVC Wave
1 X Shock Trooper, Flametrooper, Night Brother & Rampart

Already have the Jawa & Echo on PO. If the Death Watch helmet wasn't a lazy repaint I would have picked it up. If only they had retooled it to remove the Fett damage.

Reaction score
I’m gambling on the Jawa and Tulane Raider being on sale down the line and I’ll pick up some cheap army builders then.
That's the way I'm approaching the Gaming Greats line. Feel like the Jawas might be a bit more popular though.

Reaction score
Preordered Endor Luke, Death Star Droid, Tusken Raider, Echo, OW Jawa, Purge Trooper and JFO Scout from ID.

Been a while since I've place an order for that many figs in one go, this year's definitely looking up for 3.75". Excited about what might be on the way later in the year too!

Reaction score
Not sure if Amazon UK is just trolling us collectors now? ordered 2 on the May the 4th offer.....

Attachments

Reaction score
Not sure if Amazon UK is just trolling us collectors now? ordered 2 on the May the 4th offer.....
Nooooooooo! That sucks!

I ordered a Black Series Luke Skywalker helmet from them and they just slapped an address label on the box, no outer packaging, my label was next to another label with a line through a random woman's address halfway up the country (so I guess a return?), the box was beaten up and to top it off, the delivery driver left it submerged in my green recycling box that was half full of rainwater...

Hope you're able to either return or get a HEFTY discount.

Reaction score
Can I pick everyone's collective brains? I need to make a hefty sum of money and I've only a few weeks to do it in, so I've decided to eBay some potential 'big ticket' items. I don't want to 'scalp' anyone, but would like them to go for as much as possible. What sort of realistic start price do people think I should be looking at for,

Black Series 6" Loose Cara Dune
Loose TVC Starkiller

I've checked completed listings and they've both gone for some quite hefty sums, even recently. Cara always seems to be hot, and I figured that since Starkiller didn't win the re release slot, maybe more people will have remembered about him and still want one.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give....

Reaction score
Can I pick everyone's collective brains? I need to make a hefty sum of money and I've only a few weeks to do it in, so I've decided to eBay some potential 'big ticket' items. I don't want to 'scalp' anyone, but would like them to go for as much as possible. What sort of realistic start price do people think I should be looking at for,

Loose TVC Starkiller

I've checked completed listings and they've both gone for some quite hefty sums, even recently. Cara always seems to be hot, and I figured that since Starkiller didn't win the re release slot, maybe more people will have remembered about him and still want one.

That's one benefit of the hobby; at least it can pay you back sometimes 🙂

When selling I always start low, like a fiver or less. It gets attention and doesn't tend to stop high demand items going up in price. Make sure you've got all the keywords up in the title and that you're in the right category - perhaps base your listings on the finished/sold items that hit the highest price.

Your call if you want to put a reserve price on there. It sometimes puts me off bidding if I see a reserve, but others may have more insight on that.

Also start it in the evening (7/8ish), so any potential bidders are likely available for when it finishes.

Also make sure that postage is properly covered - don't make a loss on sending it out!

That's typically worked for me, but it is always a gamble.

Reaction score

Loose TVC Starkiller

Cara Dune was going for crazy prices but has calmed down a little bit lately. The Black Series version is sought after though, if you're on Facebook there's a Black Series Collector's group where it would go in minutes and takes out ebay fees etc. The average price on there is about £50. You could probably get slightly more on ebay though but you obviously have the risk / gain of being under / over a set priced on ebay unless you do buy it now.

Does Starkiller have all his accesosories?

Reaction score
Nooooooooo! That sucks!

I ordered a Black Series Luke Skywalker helmet from them and they just slapped an address label on the box, no outer packaging, my label was next to another label with a line through a random woman's address halfway up the country (so I guess a return?), the box was beaten up and to top it off, the delivery driver left it submerged in my green recycling box that was half full of rainwater...

Hope you're able to either return or get a HEFTY discount.
I'm currently ( having been on chat to them for nearly an hour ) having to explain over and over to the assistant how 15% off each one is NOT 30% OFF the Whole order......

Reaction score

Loose TVC Starkiller

If you have an idea what the items should fetch through Completed Items, and you don't want the uncertainty of an auction, then price it up as a Buy It Now at, or close to, what it's been selling for recently.

Reaction score
Cara Dune was going for crazy prices but has calmed down a little bit lately. The Black Series version is sought after though, if you're on Facebook there's a Black Series Collector's group where it would go in minutes and takes out ebay fees etc. The average price on there is about £50. You could probably get slightly more on ebay though but you obviously have the risk / gain of being under / over a set priced on ebay unless you do buy it now.

Does Starkiller have all his accesosories?
I couldn't find his bracers or lit sabers. Everything else is there (outfit add ons, unlit sabers on his belt)

Reaction score
If you have an idea what the items should fetch through Completed Items, and you don't want the uncertainty of an auction, then price it up as a Buy It Now at, or close to, what it's been selling for recently.
I considered buy it nows, but I don't want to get cocky and overprice anything. I don't want to be seen as scalping. If potential buyers push the price up, I can keep a clear conscience, that I haven't tried to swindle anyone! I think I will allow offers though, just in case anyone wants to offer something ridiculous!😂😂

Reaction score
That is absolutely shocking - Hope you get replacements that arrive mint and get some suitable compensation out of them

The people who packed that are obviously idiots, don't care and have no pride in their work

Reaction score
That is absolutely shocking - Hope you get replacements that arrive mint and get some suitable compensation out of them

The people who packed that are obviously idiots, don't care and have no pride in their work
spent 45 minutes talking to an amazon assistant on web chat, trying to get across that 15% off each of the two items did NOT equal 30% off the entire order......after much frustration and very nearly bringing on an anxiety attack ( been like it for years) I finally got through to one of the assistant's supervisors who refunded 30% off the whole order so in brief, two openers for just over £7 each in the end, but it shouldn't be like that, Amazon absolutely SUCKS !!!

Oh and 'Andor' is filming in Cleveleys, across Morecambe bay from where we live :ROFLMAO: !!!!

Reaction score
Update to my Amazon Greedo order - It is now lost in transit and a refund can be processed.

I don’t think I’ll bother ordering another, seeing as the Jawa arrived trashed and I intended to keep Obi, Jawa and Greedo on their cards. I’ll just wait for an Archive Greedo release.

- ASH

Reaction score
Update to my Amazon Greedo order - It is now lost in transit and a refund can be processed.

I don’t think I’ll bother ordering another, seeing as the Jawa arrived trashed and I intended to keep Obi, Jawa and Greedo on their cards. I’ll just wait for an Archive Greedo release.

- ASH
I don't think one is planned in the archive line at the moment, so if you want it I would not take the chance.

Reaction score
KG Hobby have the SS Grievous reissue available for pre order at £206, I've never known them to have SS figures available to buy previously.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Same as previous but with new repaint, better cloth cape, sturdier stand and supposedly better joints and not loose.
I'll stick with the original version but would be tempted to upgrade to a HT version if they were to make one

I went with Toys Wonderland for the Stormtrooper Commander in the end. Also pre-ordered some other figures like Snowspeeder Luke from them and took advantage of the payment plan and May 4th discount

Reaction score
Just watched The Bad Batch Ep1&2.
I think it’s great so far! Always interesting to explore new time periods.

The usual story though, barely any merch available at launch. Only two main characters via Hasbro, One Funko Pop (although the rest launch in June), a mug and T-shirt on ShopDisney and a HT figure which is more than a year away. I can understand when characters and plot is kept heavily under wraps, i.e Grogu, but The Bad Batch crew debuted on The Clone Wars a year ago.. TBS Omega is coming in 2022! Echo isn’t even announced..

- ASH

Reaction score
I'll stick with the original version but would be tempted to upgrade to a HT version if they were to make one

I went with Toys Wonderland for the Stormtrooper Commander in the end. Also pre-ordered some other figures like Snowspeeder Luke from them and took advantage of the payment plan and May 4th discount
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the payment plan?

I browsed the website other day and was going to use the PP but the maths didn't add up when doing it.

I was looking at 12 months, payment every 5 weeks but the grand total, excluding delivery, was higher than the figure value.
No matter how many payment weeks I looked at, weekly, 6 weeks or 12 weeks it came up with the same inflated total.

Reaction score
Went TVC Jawa hunting this morning only to see it's already sold out at SAF and ID. Got another one at Comics & Cocktails which was a relief - was starting to worry I'd missed the window!

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the payment plan?

I browsed the website other day and was going to use the PP but the maths didn't add up when doing it.

I was looking at 12 months, payment every 5 weeks but the grand total, excluding delivery, was higher than the figure value.
No matter how many payment weeks I looked at, weekly, 6 weeks or 12 weeks it came up with the same inflated total.
Had to play about with it but just looking at my confirmation email to to double check it adds up now!

For the Stormtrooper Commander the total including the currency exchange fee less the discount was 1697.50 HKD. Down payment of 446.25 and then 8 payments every 4 weeks of 156.41. Other than a bit of rounding looks OK to me

Reaction score
Had to play about with it but just looking at my confirmation email to to double check it adds up now!

For the Stormtrooper Commander the total including the currency exchange fee less the discount was 1697.50 HKD. Down payment of 446.25 and then 8 payments every 4 weeks of 156.41. Other than a bit of rounding looks OK to me
Currency exchange fee. That will be why.

I was looking at the Tusken Raider at 1,820.
After deposit and payment plan, total was 1,856.

Cheers for the info.

Reaction score
Went TVC Jawa hunting this morning only to see it's already sold out at SAF and ID. Got another one at Comics & Cocktails which was a relief - was starting to worry I'd missed the window!
Gosh they went quickly then. I’ll have a hunt around for some more today myself.

Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up about Jawas going OoS elsewhere but still being available at C&C - also ordered a couple! Need a little squad to go on shelf next to the Crest when it shows up.

Reaction score
Ordered a blurgg from the good the bad and the robots - have the OG mando already so hoping kuill actually gets made.
disney delivered my loth cat today - just love these things didn’t realise it had sounds and animatroic eyes!
it’s a bit of tatt really but couldn’t resist. Really want the hot toys one but don’t need any more grogus.

Reaction score
Just picked up a Retro Collection Cara Dune for £7.50 from Asda Kettering - absolute score. The toy aisle only had one each of ESB Leia and Lando but a friendly shelf stacker let me know that they were actually all on a shipper in the DVD aisle - good to know.

Just got Grogu (and an overpriced Monopoly set) to go!

Reaction score
Man those carbonised figures didn't sell well. SAF binned them off at 8 for £63. If only it was standard trooper figures going for that price, would be perfect for army building.

Reaction score
Quite surprised to see Galaxys edge stuff showing up at Disney Stores here. Were those not meant to be something kept exclusive?

Reaction score
Today I opened the Amazon Jawa, the OCD in me couldn’t keep it on its crumpled card back any longer 😂

As always when I open figures, I was instantly pleased that I did as its such a beautiful figure.
The soft goods robe and plastic overlaying harness works really well to keep the fabric in check - some soft goods look too shapeless unless they are contained somehow. I also love seeing the hints of orange under the brown robe. I kept my Off-World Jawa boxed as it is one of the white box editions, so this makes for a great replacement.
If these ever price drop on Amazon (which I doubt they will - Obi-Wan is now £40+) then I would definitely pick up another one.

I’ve now re-ordered Greedo as I’m happy to display him loose if the card back arrives damaged. Hopefully it actually arrives this time!

- ASH

Reaction score
Starting to wobble over the Bad Batch figures. But I'm wondering (and I'll keep this as vague as possible because I can't do spoiler tags on an iPad) I'm wondering if I should wait and get the second version of a particular character... (I'm sure if you know, you know, and if you don't, I'm not going into any more detail than that!)
What does everyone think?

Reaction score
Starting to wobble over the Bad Batch figures. But I'm wondering (and I'll keep this as vague as possible because I can't do spoiler tags on an iPad) I'm wondering if I should wait and get the second version of a particular character... (I'm sure if you know, you know, and if you don't, I'm not going into any more detail than that!)
What does everyone think?
I’d get both versions - the second is kind of plain, although still cool looking.

I know I said before, but I’m actually really frustrated at the lack of BB merch available at launch. I’ve rewatched both episodes and CW S7 again, the hype is real for me at the moment!
Disney should be taking advantage of suckers like me. I’ll probably settle for the Pops that come out in June, seeing as everything else is months away.

- ASH