Shield Generator Bunker (ROTJ)

Reaction score
Yes, I think basically to make it interesting you'd have to make it the corridor w/ break away garbage shoot, the cell w/ sliding door, but most importantly feature the guard room with control console, the elevator door w/ optional broken open look, and other bells and whistles.
I thought about the elevator but wasn't sure about that. Definitely want the control console.
It was Filoni's own theory that he later changed his mind about. It was a terribly stupid idea, so let's hope it never, ever, ever becomes official.
Yes, he rejected his own theory. I agree it's a dumb idea, but given how small universe SW likes to be I would be surprised if it became official.

Reaction score
Just noticed this is the ONLY playset with additional diorama added on the box art. The rest have been on a color gradient backdrop. I think even Hasbro knows this product sucks and resorted to old marketing tricks.

Not sure how much was on Emily, but definitely lost some confidence in her and the team for this one.

Reaction score
The POTF is smaller, harder to get and has no pack-in figure so this is a significant upgrade. I expect a VC26 Rebel trooper 4-pack will get announced next, but I’d really like them to offer a Black-uniformed imperial officer 4-pack based on the new Piett to complete the scene
The POTF2 one had a catapult and a tree, damnit!

A. TREE!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Finally had time to watch Emily's BHTG video. Here are some screenshots and a few details from it.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-1-Unassembled.jpg

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-2-Assembled.jpg

Rebel Commando cardback is unpunched.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-3-Endor-Rebel-Commando-Carded.jpg

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-4-Endor-Rebel-Commando-Carded-Closeup.jpg

Larger & more authentically scaled compared to the 90's POTF2 version. New bunker measures 16 1/2" wide and 7" tall.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-5-Comparison-Shot-To-90-s-Version.jpg

Detent snap in place for the blast doors so they don't slide around, in both the open & closed positions, unlike the previous version.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-6-Blast-Doors-Lock-In-Place.jpg

Opening control panel hatch on interior of entryway where Han tried to hotwire the blast doors.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-7-Han-s-Control-Panel-Hatch.jpg

Swivel hatch port on interior of entryway where R2 tried to override the blast doors with his scomp link.

VC-Endor-Bunker-ROTJ-BHTG-Vid-8-R2-s-Swivel-Hatch-Port.jpg

Reaction score
Great comparison of new bunker against the old one, like night and day really.

It's a great piece - any interior would've ballooned the price and we'd be hearing many complaints of "I'm not paying $200 for something that inaccurate".

Really seems like the Star Wars team can't win these days.

They hear we want to know about things in the pipeline, so they tell us, and then people complain once we see the official reveals because 'we knew they were coming already' and it's boring when we finally see it.
They hear we want anniversary product, so they offer a brand new bunker that looks great, with a really nice little niche carded figure of an easter egg character that wouldn't perform well in the mainline and that's not enough.

I'll admit the AT-ST is a bit of a weird one for long-time collectors, but it is a good companion piece to go with this bunker and with the bike. It'll complete the scene really nicely and I hope that it appeals to the newer fans and collectors. I got the first TVC Scout Walker, and I have several of that Chewie so I don't think I can justify £90 or however much it is.

I know people are saying they wanted an updated Chewie on card (I'd still love the ROTJ alternate image as previously mentioned) but people would moan about having to buy an old vehicle to get that (see Boba Fett's Starship), so hopefully that comes to the mainline (but then people will say it's a wasted slot won't they)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 09.31.20.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 09.31.20.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
New bunker measures 16 1/2" wide and 7" tall.

For Metric system 42cm wide / 18cm tall

The width has not been specified?

Reaction score
You know, I never really considered it until now, but what genius engineer opted for there to be a way to hotwire the door open...on the outside of the door? Probaby the same engineer who designed the Invisible Hands sheild generators to be on the outside of the shield. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Han actually never really hotwires the door. If he does anything, he makes the outer door close up again. R2 was supposed to make up for that, but once Chewie came along with that stolen AT-ST, Han had a better idea.

Reaction score
Han actually never really hotwires the door. If he does anything, he makes the outer door close up again. R2 was supposed to make up for that, but once Chewie came along with that stolen AT-ST, Han had a better idea.
Well yes, but point I'm making is...is it wise to actually give the ability to anyone to open the door to a highly classified and critical base from the outside?

Reaction score
Well yes, but point I'm making is...is it wise to actually give the ability to anyone to open the door to a highly classified and critical base from the outside?

I'm sure it was just a standard design. I mean, the Imps could have also had problems with the doors and needed a way for some tech to open them from the outside.

bac

Reaction score
Great comparison of new bunker against the old one, like night and day really.

It's a great piece - any interior would've ballooned the price and we'd be hearing many complaints of "I'm not paying $200 for something that inaccurate".

Really seems like the Star Wars team can't win these days.

They hear we want to know about things in the pipeline, so they tell us, and then people complain once we see the official reveals because 'we knew they were coming already' and it's boring when we finally see it.
They hear we want anniversary product, so they offer a brand new bunker that looks great, with a really nice little niche carded figure of an easter egg character that wouldn't perform well in the mainline and that's not enough.

I'll admit the AT-ST is a bit of a weird one for long-time collectors, but it is a good companion piece to go with this bunker and with the bike. It'll complete the scene really nicely and I hope that it appeals to the newer fans and collectors. I got the first TVC Scout Walker, and I have several of that Chewie so I don't think I can justify £90 or however much it is.

I know people are saying they wanted an updated Chewie on card (I'd still love the ROTJ alternate image as previously mentioned) but people would moan about having to buy an old vehicle to get that (see Boba Fett's Starship), so hopefully that comes to the mainline (but then people will say it's a wasted slot won't they)

You summed up my general thoughts nicely.

I think the Bunker is a solid set and look forward to setting up a scene with speeder bikes, AT-STs, and lots of figures around it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
You know, I never really considered it until now, but what genius engineer opted for there to be a way to hotwire the door open...on the outside of the door? Probaby the same engineer who designed the Invisible Hands sheild generators to be on the outside of the shield. :ROFLMAO:
Well, likely there is controls that can be keyed to open the door, either by keycard or biometrics, or keypad, or droid. So, some sort of access point has to be there. Han likely was trying to send the right electrical signal from that access point to the door.

Unless the only way for access is by people on the inside letting them in, there would be something to try and access and bypass.

Also, it is the Empire. The bunker is probably a prefabricated building without much thought given to insurgents trying to gain access. They either will be shot by overwhelming numbers, or trip a security system, alerting the base and leading to the insurgents being shot by overwhelming numbers.

Reaction score
Re-watching the bunker scenes in ROTJ, I notice that the bunker's control room has two doorways with sliding doors of the exact same design as the outer set of doors of this playset. I'll preorder 1 at full price today and then get a 2nd one later if/when these hit clearance prices so that I can more faithfully build an interior control room for the bunker.

Also, in close up shots of the playset, it looks like the "moss" is sculpted separately from the roof, so maybe it can be somewhat easily removed and refinished for a cleaner looking roof. In the film, it was heavily covered with dead redwood tree detritus, but not not thick, spongy moss.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Amazon
Gamestop

International

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem add to is to the cart at Amazon?

Reaction score
It’s was weird. Like they said, it was up for a quick minute but you couldn’t add it. Now it’s completely gone. WTF

Reaction score
Is Target getting these? They have a coupon for toys this week.

oops. Should have refreshed before I posted a redundant post.

Reaction score
Once again, I'll have to cancel all my existing EE pre-orders and then make a new, master order with all the items so that they all fall under the "free shipping" umbrella.
Y, if this has auto free shipping / code on ee homepage?

Went w/ Amazon-- g.c. to use up. Wish target had it for thier coupon code

Reaction score
Y, if this has auto free shipping / code on ee homepage?

Went w/ Amazon-- g.c. to use up. Wish target had it for thier coupon code
Thanks! They did have a free shipping code. I thought it was only for $100 or more, but, nope, $39 or more. Done! Thanks!