Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Reaction score
@Booster Terrik and @Hoth_My_Fav, I reacted to your messages above with Sad emojis ... not because I didn't like the messages or resented you seeing/acquiring the SBD, but rather because every time I see this guy, I'm reminded of my own foolishness. When he was originally released, I passed on him every single time I saw him in stores. "I have enough Super Battle Droids," I said to myself, not knowing I'd later become a TVC "completist."

So, Booster Terrik, congrats on your find. I hope you get that unpunched version at some point. (y)

Hoth_My_Fav, I wish I'd been riding shotgun on all your trips to Five Below. :cool:

Here's hoping I run into an SBD in a novelty toy store ... or that Hasbro rereleases him in a forthcoming "specialty" wave. 🤞

Reaction score
@Booster Terrik and @Hoth_My_Fav, I reacted to your messages above with Sad emojis ... not because I didn't like the messages or resented you seeing/acquiring the SBD, but rather because every time I see this guy, I'm reminded of my own foolishness. When he was originally released, I passed on him every single time I saw him in stores. "I have enough Super Battle Droids," I said to myself, not knowing I'd later become a TVC "completist."

So, Booster Terrik, congrats on your find. I hope you get that unpunched version at some point. (y)

Hoth_My_Fav, I wish I'd been riding shotgun on all your trips to Five Below. :cool:

Here's hoping I run into an SBD in a novelty toy store ... or that Hasbro rereleases him in a forthcoming "specialty" wave. 🤞
If I can make you feel just a little better... thinking back I get sick to my stomach to think about selling my 1992 mail-away, sealed in bag Cobra Ninja Viper(with two swords none the less...). The prices on those have gone through the roof 😪

If we could only turn back time.

Reaction score
I'll find an unpunched one at some point. Another one that was hard to pass up for the price.

View attachment 385986
Can you believe this was sort of a peg warmer in 2011? I passed a number of times on this figure. I was out of town at rural college town K-Mart and this was only Star Wars figure in stock.

Got the last one of the current set I needed so this completes VC116- for me other than preorders.
Speaking of pre-orders - Did Lando in his Bespin attire ever go up for pre-Order?

Reaction score
^ Lando wont be preorderable for a while, along w/ ig-11, Teebo and likely Emp Palpatine.

Reaction score
Been a busy couple of delivery days.

Preorders shipped out and landed. Bespin Leia, Greef, Zutton and Grogu all showed up. Just need to try and snag the Boba from that wave.

Also got six of the seven Retro figures today. Someone beat me to that version of Grogu. Surprisingly they even left Cara Dune.

Reaction score
0.jpg

My Dorkside May 4th order, several great deal here and great minty shape! Bought two of the 3 pack. Dont know what I am going to do with them all now as this is my number 5 or 6 set lol One will be opened tho, one MISB and the rest go off to AFA.

bac

Reaction score
Did an early morning Walmart run trying to score the newest rerelease wave. Nothing of course but I was sure surprised to see a fresh case of these on the pile especially since my initial preorder was cancelled!!
Nice! I have the first two retro vehicles via Walmart.com but had my Fang pre-order cancelled as well. Not a huge fan of the stumpy redesign but I have a vintage Fang proof sheet and feel compelled to add this one to go with it.

Reaction score
Nice! I have the first two retro vehicles via Walmart.com but had my Fang pre-order cancelled as well. Not a huge fan of the stumpy redesign but I have a vintage Fang proof sheet and feel compelled to add this one to go with it.
I have an extra if you'd like it. Just figured I'd get the whole box lol. I did leave another entire case.. I want two and would like another awe but whatever.

Reaction score
Off topic but I gotta share this, I was at a friends and he pulls this out lol

both signed by the actors, he had a huge vintage collection on card if anyone is looking for anything. Tons of vehicles, lots of older SW stuff on card.
I have the same exact Boba Fett. Here’s mine.

Attachments

bac

Reaction score
I have an extra if you'd like it. Just figured I'd get the whole box lol. I did leave another entire case.. I want two and would like another awe but whatever.
I may just take you up on that. Will PM when ready.

Reaction score
Got these guys at a local shop loose for 8$ each. Missing weapons but the guy at the shop says he’ll search his massive box of loose parts for me.

EDIT: This shop is typically moderate-high priced but for loose figures they cut you amazing deals.
Very nice! May I ask which store in the L.A. area it is? Sounds like an establishment I should be frequenting.

Reaction score
Did an early morning Walmart run trying to score the newest rerelease wave. Nothing of course but I was sure surprised to see a fresh case of these on the pile especially since my initial preorder was cancelled!!
Oh what a pile of disappointing turds those are. Interesting update to the FANG, but the pilot is terrible and doesn't fit in the helicopter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you know an updated Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia was just released? The one you have is nice because it's a completely different book, where the new version crams more characters on the pages with edited-down information.
is it the red cover? I think I saw it on Amazon. Do you have a link for it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Oh what a pile of disappointing turds those are. Interesting update to the FANG, but the pilot is terrible and doesn't fit in the helicopter.
I've heard the toy itself is abysmal... I dont open so its all good for my situation. I saw where someone had taken the figure apart and his legs were assembled like the Mega Construx figs 😔

Reaction score