Mattel - Jurassic World/Park

Reaction score
I love that they made most of the kids - Yaz is actually my favorite. It's not a bad show - I love that they make Brooklyn and her obsessions with social media look so useless and vapid. They are sending a clear message to kids about the corruption of technology. I also love that none of their tech works for the most part (outside of kid's walkie talkies) so they have to really use their instincts. Feels a lot more practical that way and brings it back to how kids used to act, when stripped of all that. My first son is on his way and I want to make sure I teach him like I was taught and to be outside as much as possible. I hope by the time he's old enough for a phone that they won't be cool anymore lol
Hear hear! I love your take on CC and how the kids act without constant technology at their disposal.

And congrats, I'm an August baby myself! Though hardly a baby anymore as I turn the big 3-0 this year o_Oo_O

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I looked up what the Walmart Battle Damage Spinosaurus is going for on ebay. 😮 They look to be fetching $300. I may be tempted to unload mine since I was able to get the newest Target one which looks way nicer IMO. I never cared for the blue color on the Walmart version. Ditto for the battle damage play feature. I mean it's got that rubber flap which isn't good on a toy long term and that liquid blood feature that also isn't good for toy preservation long term. I can think of a lot cooler things I'd rather have for $300 than that blue Spinosaurus.

The new Target version looks to be sold out on Target.com, but you may still find it in stores And/or it may pop back into stock. It was in stock online for several days.

EE also still has it listed for pre-order.

Reaction score
Hear hear! I love your take on CC and how the kids act without constant technology at their disposal.

And congrats, I'm an August baby myself! Though hardly a baby anymore as I turn the big 3-0 this year o_Oo_O
That's awesome, embrace the number man - your 30s will be more fun than your 20s I'll bet (if my experiences means anything haha).

Reaction score
Got JP18 in the mail today. That with my re-acquired Malcom/Grant/Muldoon has me caught up on JP Legacy 3.75 again. I foolishly let go of my first four and jeep a year and a half or so ago when it seemed like the line wasn't going any further. I'm happy to take my medicine and be wrong. Bring on the explorer!

I'm not sure what bothers me more, JP12 not having the stripe or JP18 not having mirrors... I think the mirrors. Anyone want to sell me just their mirrors? lol.
Totally agree. The stripe I would have never noticed if it wasn't pointed out but after seeing 18 WITH mirrors 12 looks naked lol

Reaction score
I love that they made most of the kids - Yaz is actually my favorite. It's not a bad show - I love that they make Brooklyn and her obsessions with social media look so useless and vapid. They are sending a clear message to kids about the corruption of technology. I also love that none of their tech works for the most part (outside of kid's walkie talkies) so they have to really use their instincts. Feels a lot more practical that way and brings it back to how kids used to act, when stripped of all that. My first son is on his way and I want to make sure I teach him like I was taught and to be outside as much as possible. I hope by the time he's old enough for a phone that they won't be cool anymore lol
Aw congrats! That's awesome!

For years I managed electronics at my local TRU. I experienced something rather...disheartening. I'd have young parents come in and I'd have to pitch and sell them tablets and/or game systems for kids as young as 3. It was that modern parenting technique of "Stick a screen in front of them to keep them occupied," that was their baby sitter. Of course I kept my opinion to myself, but it just never felt right to me. Television and video games and tablets are fine in moderation, but so many kids and parents both seem utterly dependent upon them today. They're missing all the GOOD stuff, the real experiences.

I used to play in the yard, ride with the bicycle gang all across town to the park, ravage through the woods...all over. I remember this little Mom and Pops corner store we had about a block and a half from my house. Us neighborhood kids would always bike down there and grab penny candies and Turners iced tea. In the carton, mind you, carton was key! Man I miss that place, I got my first pack of Marvel Topps cards there. I remember getting a Gambit card, buying candy cigarettes, and leaning up against the wall with one in my mouth thinking I was so cool I'll impress all the girls with my Gambit impression. HAH! We'd imagine all the time, just take our NERF guns, Super Soakers, and Roleplay toys and pretend we were running from Raptors in Jurassic Park, gunning down Xenomorphs, answer the call to go ghost catching in Ecto 1, catch the Joker or stopping Doc Ock's bank heist! Do kids even imagine anymore? Do they even have to? They make everything anymore. I remember I made a LEGO Darth Vader minifigure out of existing late 80's parts, it probably looked super ghetto (LMFAO) but you IMAGINED. Now kids HAVE Lego Vader.

We'd have Ninja Turtle stick swordfights and play kickball in between my two neighbors houses...until inevitably one of us hit the curmudgeons window and we'd all run off like a bat out of hell. Of course there were always the classics too, tag - flashlight tag included - and hide n seek. We'd make up our own games too, of course. We'd have massive water battles in the summers, snowball sieges in winter! I even once wrote a poem called Ode to Ice Cream. It was about that child-like surge of exciting adrenaline you get when you hear the siren call of the Ice Cream Truck. Hurry, hurry, hurry, FLIP the couch cushions! We'd always Trick or Treat. I remember one year, two of my friends and I swore up and down we'd best the others costume. Those fire horns went off, we all step onto our porch, and ALL of us...were Batman! Must have been 92, I'd have been 8. Batman Returns! Heck that was back when you Trick or Treated in the dark. They don't do that anymore, heck...you don't even see Trick or Treaters much anymore here.

Even toys were more imaginative back then. I played with TONS of toys OUTSIDE. I always argued that the JP line was an ideal outside toyline. I always played with my dinosaurs and such in the garden. I even made a diorama site when I was young. It's so bad. Hah! So oooold. But this was back right around when JP3 was coming out. I was getting old enough to feel embarrassed to play with my toys, you know that age, so I concocted a scheme. I'm an "artist," so to speak. Hah! I think I was one of the internets FIRST JP diorama artists. Legit! Heck maybe some of you knew me back in the day from the JP community, I was Domestic Compy. http://thebanmummies.scriptmania.com/AllosaurusAmbush.htm

All these things and so much more were just something you did when I was a kid. It's kind of gone the way of the Dodo now. Tragic. You just don't see it like you used to. Now they're all behind a screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like the new Spinosaurus is showing up at Walmart now, but only in stores it seems. The online listing is 3rd party sellers. At my local store there is a shelf tag for it and the guy said they had 2 in stock, but maybe were sold recently. Hopefully, with it having a shelf tag at Walmart they will restock later.

Reaction score
Anybody know when this is out, and where? Looking forward to the Ford Explorer.
View attachment 386184
Myself as well. I wish it was single packed, just because the option of two would be more economically viable. But it is a fun set.

Apparently there's a Legacy reveal coming up on 5/19 I think, and it's believed that will be the official reveal and release date (if not release).

Reaction score
Apparently there's a Legacy reveal coming up on 5/19 I think, and it's believed that will be the official reveal and release date (if not release).
Yep the two Legacy reveals left are May 19th and August 18th. But this month's item could also be the Apatosaurus, since it's already out in the UK?

Reaction score
Yep the two Legacy reveals left are May 19th and August 18th. But this month's item could also be the Apatosaurus, since it's already out in the UK?
Good point. That actually would make a little more sense than having two vehicle packs so close together. Albeit I'd prefer if the Explorer dropped first.

Reaction score
Myself as well. I wish it was single packed, just because the option of two would be more economically viable. But it is a fun set.

They can always single pack them in the future. I'll take ANY new Legacy humans, and was gladly buying the Explorer anyhow, so this is a bonus. The T-Rex is just stupid - it's been released SOOOOO many times. For kids, I'd get the idea, but these are LEGACY Mattel - AKA aimed at collectors AKA doesn't need to have a dino packed with everything.

I hope they do a crushed version of the Explorer with Lex and include some fun accessories like the Flashlight and case, with little flares to go in it. Muddy Grant with no hat would be awesome too.

Reaction score
They can always single pack them in the future. I'll take ANY new Legacy humans, and was gladly buying the Explorer anyhow, so this is a bonus. The T-Rex is just stupid - it's been released SOOOOO many times. For kids, I'd get the idea, but these are LEGACY Mattel - AKA aimed at collectors AKA doesn't need to have a dino packed with everything.

I hope they do a crushed version of the Explorer with Lex and include some fun accessories like the Flashlight and case, with little flares to go in it. Muddy Grant with no hat would be awesome too.
If they do a crushed version of the explorer, I'm sending a video of myself to Mattel giving them a standing ovation.

Reaction score
Spotted the Spinosaurus at Walmart. Looks like most Walmarts in my area are only getting 2 in which I assume is 1 case.

Reaction score
I don't collect Jurassic, so I paid it little mind, but Walmart had the camp whatever ones a few days ago straight to clearance for $6.49
had no idea if that was a good find

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I looked up what the Walmart Battle Damage Spinosaurus is going for on ebay. 😮 They look to be fetching $300. I may be tempted to unload mine since I was able to get the newest Target one which looks way nicer IMO. I never cared for the blue color on the Walmart version. Ditto for the battle damage play feature. I mean it's got that rubber flap which isn't good on a toy long term and that liquid blood feature that also isn't good for toy preservation long term. I can think of a lot cooler things I'd rather have for $300 than that blue Spinosaurus.

The new Target version looks to be sold out on Target.com, but you may still find it in stores And/or it may pop back into stock. It was in stock online for several days.

EE also still has it listed for pre-order.
If you're cool with parting with it, I see no downside.

When I found my Spino at target last weekend, there were 3 on the shelf. I've been there twice since then and they haven't had anymore, but they did get in wave 2 of the Amber collection (new Malcolm and Ray Arnold). The face on Malcolm actually looks really good, but not enough for me to buy him again.

There's pictures floating around now of the Amber collection Muldoon and Young T-Rex with compys. They both look good and Muldoon comes with two heads. Amazon and EE have them listed for blind preorder.

Reaction score
Spotted the Spinosaurus at Walmart. Looks like most Walmarts in my area are only getting 2 in which I assume is 1 case.
Yep, I saw a lone one in my Wal-Mart too. Already have the first release so I passed on it, but I hope people that missed out are getting this one. It looks close, but just more tan.

Reaction score
Curious when they will be hitting stores, I prefer to buy mine in person. I want to check the paint apps of the pack-ins. Hopefully it's just as easy to find as Nedry and his Jeep, though it took my area a little while to get them in finally.

Forgot to mention I finished up all of S2 of Camp Cretaceous and I actually liked it even better than the first. I thought the character building was great - then today I realized just how silly the whole scenario is though. NONE of the parents kids are desperately trying to get them back? There is no urgent Costa Rican government-led rescue? An ankylosaur which was once a baby has grown into a young adult in the matter of what, weeks? It should be months to be accurate, and many of them. How could they STILL be on the island if that is the case?

Aside from all that conjecture, I think it was a fun season. I just wish the semblance of reality was there too, but I get that it wound get them off the island so much faster and then the show is over. I'm also curious, where the heck are the counselors from S1, didn't they stay on the island determined to help the kids? I liked those characters...

Reaction score
Thanks. Your a han fan too based on your screen name lol nice. Any other legacy reveals for the rest of the year? Wish the sister came with this too and the lawyer. That would make a complete scene.

Reaction score
Got my preorder in too. From what I can tell, most of the collectors in my area have the same JP/JW tastes that I do. Stuff I want moves fast. Stuff i don't want doesn't.

Reaction score
Thanks. Your a han fan too based on your screen name lol nice. Any other legacy reveals for the rest of the year? Wish the sister came with this too and the lawyer. That would make a complete scene.
Yea but that would mean one less set they can sell.

Reaction score
Can one of you with a bit more knowledge on this line shed some light on the Rex in this set? Is it new? The only one we have from this line is from the very beginning. It has an electronic stomping sound button and manipulating the tail makes it roar and chomp etc. Is this the same?

Reaction score
Can one of you with a bit more knowledge on this line shed some light on the Rex in this set? Is it new? The only one we have from this line is from the very beginning. It has an electronic stomping sound button and manipulating the tail makes it roar and chomp etc. Is this the same?
The one in the T-Rex Escape set is a repaint of the Extreme Chompin' Rex sculpt. The one you have is the Stomp & Strike T-Rex. The EC sculpt is smaller than the S&S sculpt.