Mandalorian 3d printed Nevarro Door

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but I need an opinion...I made this 3d printed Mandalorian Nevarro Style door. I designed it with side flanges with the idea that you could use those flanges to attach to the back of your insulation foam to secure the door better. This also keeps the door slightly recessed on the insulation foam door frame. So the question is, should I keep the flanges or drop them?

Reaction score
I would keep them.
Having just the door though would make it easy to reuse them on several generic walls for photography.
Thanks, yeah I think I might just have several different versions and see which is the most versatile. Some may work better in certain applications than others. I'm going to work on designing the other style doors seen on Nevarro.

Utinniii

Reaction score
There were a couple of cool looking doors.
Were you thinking of doing the windows as well?

Utinniii

Reaction score
Well, I've scrutinized every greeblie from the first season. Let me know if you need any pics.

Reaction score
Well, I've scrutinized every greeblie from the first season. Let me know if you need any pics.
I could use some good pics of the other style doors. I have the Ikea floating shelves and I thought it would be cool to have a row of modular Nevarro buildings along the wall.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I could use some good pics of the other style doors. I have the Ikea floating shelves and I thought it would be cool to have a row of modular Nevarro buildings along the wall.
I only got the doors that were interesting to me diorama, but here are some good pics to give you some ideas. You will notice that the inset door part often has an open second door (for the lava floods) and that each inset has a different design. The first 2 doors shown are my personal favourites.

Reaction score
Another question....because I'm thinking of selling these on ebay if there's interest....3.75" scale as well as 6"? It's always tough to tell where the fanbase is. I feel like there are more dio makers of Mandalorian stuff at the 6" scale because there are just more figures.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Do both. You don't need any molds to scale up so there is no extra cost.
If you have a consistent inventory of 2-3 then if the sales dry up, you won't be stuck with a bunch you don't need.

One thing though, I'd check Thingiverse and other places to see if there are already doors out there. If it is a common door that is free to print, that will reduce your customer base somewhat.

Reaction score
Do both. You don't need any molds to scale up so there is no extra cost.
If you have a consistent inventory of 2-3 then if the sales dry up, you won't be stuck with a bunch you don't need.

One thing though, I'd check Thingiverse and other places to see if there are already doors out there. If it is a common door that is free to print, that will reduce your customer base somewhat.
There are similar ones out there. Most require printing multiple parts and gluing together. There's also some files you have to purchase. The other styles of doors aren't really out there though.

Reaction score
I'm curious how difficult/expensive would it be to make a door that opens and closes similar to Tantive IV set? It appears that every 3D printed accessory that I see it's a "fixed" piece.

Reaction score
I'm curious how difficult/expensive would it be to make a door that opens and closes similar to Tantive IV set? It appears that every 3D printed accessory that I see it's a "fixed" piece.
I only made mine fixed because I'm not making Nevarro interiors. Just a false front of a building. But making the door open would be easy.