LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Flashback from a few years ago: Pictures of the great work done by Joseph Jung for Gentle Giant (my favorite GG sculptor), including the sculpting of the Leia on Speeder Bike never released and other images I thought would be interesting to share ....

JUNG0000.jpg

JUNG0001.jpg

- Finished sample on the Endor Leia with Speeder Bike. Sell it to me, GG! :) ....

JUNG0002.jpg

- A Count Dooku head on a Tarkin body, arm behind his back as the most recent Tarkin mini bust should have been posed ...

JUNG0003.jpg

- Tarkin unpainted sculpt ...

JUNG0004.jpg

- Sculpting the 1/7 or 1/10 scale diorama statue of Darth Maul with Bloodfin. Interesting how it had first been designed having the hood over his head, unlike the released product ...

JUNG0005.jpg

JUNG0006.jpg

- Unpainted sculpt of the Han Solo and Tauntaun diorama statue. The right arm pose had him holding his visor, unlike the final product where he is getting a hold of his blaster ...

JUNG0007.jpg

- One of my favorite pieces by GG, getting sculpted over a finished rectangular black base by the talented Joseph Jung ...

JUNG0008.jpg

JUNG0009A.jpg

JUNG0009.jpg

- Unpainted and painted samples, a bit more revealing down the waistline than the subtle look of the sold product ...

JUNG0010.jpg

JUNG0011.jpg

- Jung working on the Aurra Sing sculpt, one of my favorite mini busts from the PT. Another great looking and complex sculpt ...

JUNG0015.jpg

- Here is Joseph continuing his work on the Aurra Sing Mini Bust, while being surrounded by some of the many sculpts he's worked on ...

JUNG0016.jpg

- Working on the Wampa diorama statue. One of the best pieces offered by GG years ago ...

JUNG0017.jpg

- Looks like a perfect gathering for Charlie Harper (if you know who he is) :) A show of some of the many female Mini Busts Joseph has sculpted. Cover your eyes, kids :) ...

JUNG0018.jpg

- As many of us remember, Oola's left arm was re-positioned for her mass release ...

JUNG0019.jpg

- Some sketches for the Gamorrean Guard Mini Bust. I would buy another "piggy" if they'd choose to make one of these ...

JUNG0020.jpg

- Some sketches for Salacious Crumb and the Scout Trooper Mini Busts ..

JUNG0021.jpg

That's all, folks! :)

the-endend-the-black-dahlia-the-sowden-house-foundation-0.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great pics, Julian! I remember hearing about how GG had to cover up Slave Leia's rear end on the statue years ago but I don't think I ever saw the pics you've just posted. Also interesting how the Oola mini bust was at first a lot more "anatomically correct".

Reaction score
Thank you, Ben! Yes. Leia was pretty much an Al Bundy's vision :) , so she needed some covering to make her PG rated. I agree also, Oola was quite defined in the knockers selection. :) I think it is nice to see how some of these mini busts came to be, the changes in their design and the artistry involved. I know Sergiu always praises how the helmet of the Stormtrooper Mini Bust is the most accurate sculpt of the actual Stormtrooper in the movies, and that was also another great sculpting job by Jung.

Reaction score
He was with GG for a long time, since 1999 to 2011 as a concept artist and sculptor. He is responsible for the first Boba Fett mini bust, the first Tarkin, Fett with Han in Carbonite and Stormtroopers diorama, etc. He is currently doing work for Sideshow as a freelance sculptor since 2013. No idea if he does any work at all for GG at this point. But going by his work, I would say he had nothing to do with that Jedi Luke from SDCC a couple of years ago. :)

Reaction score
I like the other Scout Trooper bust pose. Can they just use that Dooku head for the new bust they have coming out? It looks so much better!

Yeah, I like the pose on that second version of the scout trooper. I agree with you about the Dooku head. The likeness is remarkable, and so much better than the weird looking one they showed us for the upcoming bust. Not sure if that is in fact the same head they used for the arm-less one with some modifications, which was excellent.

1618523496127.jpg

Attachments

• 1618523496127.png
    1618523496127.png
    588.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reaction score
zzzLOGOm.jpg

One of the most unadulterated planets in the galaxy located in the system of the same name, Dagobah was known to be strong with The Force. This cloudy but habitable distant planet made of swamps, dense foliage and petrified forests, provided Jedi Master Yoda a perfect hideaway among the countless slithering reptiles, swarming insects and surrounding constant hum noise during his exile after the Jedi Order's dismantling. A place away from the Emperor's agents sent out to slaughter the Jedi.

It was during that time, three years after the Battle of Yavin, a new hope arrived for the people of the Galaxy in the form of young freedom fighter Luke Skywalker, who traveled to Dagobah under the direction of late Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi in hopes of finding Yoda to be trained in the ways of the Jedi Order. Luke's arrival to Dagobah happened in a quite unconventional way when crashing his X-Wing into a bog upon landing and having his faithful astromech droid, R2-D2, nearly eaten by an amphibian monster from the murky waters. After setting camp and a change of clothes, Luke prepares to grab a bite, but turns around after feeling they are being watched. He quickly draws his blaster pistol and aims it at the creature behind him, unsuspecting it was, in fact, Yoda at the time. "Away put your weapon. I mean you no harm" - Yoda says. Feeling confident the small and frail creature means no harm in fact, Luke puts away his blaster and Yoda comes down from the tree root he was standing on while asking Luke what he's doing in Dagobah. Luke tells him he is looking for a "great warrior" to what Yoda replies "Help you I can". Soon after, Yoda begins a search through Luke's belongings; first taking a bite out of his dinner, then finding a small lamp for which he takes an instant liking and wants for himself. Luke tells him to put it away and tries taking it back from the eccentric creature. "Mine or I will help you not" - Yoda tells Luke. R2 tries taking it away from Yoda but the little guy beats R2 up with his cane. "Mine, mine, mine!" - he yells and gets to keep it. Luke tells them they need to keep going as they are looking for a Jedi Master. "Mmm. You seek Yoda" - Yoda replies, and takes Luke back to his hut for dinner, where he revealed his true identity to Skywalker.

While at first reluctant to train Skywalker due to his age and lack of patience, Yoda is eventually convinced to teach him the ways of the Force in a vigorous training routine amid the perpetual mists and dripping gnarled trees, a training that is not only physical but also spiritual. Moss-covered rocks are used by the wise trainer for teachings in telekinesis, the undergrowth makes treks through the jungles more challenging, and vines hanging from tall trees are used as means to get across small bodies of water and other obstacles. Skywalker is shown to sense the strength of the Force in a particular cave on the planet which Yoda tells him to go into. Inside the cave, Skywalker is met with a mental challenge the dark side of the Force developed for him.

Yoda has trained many Jedi during his almost 900 year existence, but this training is the most important one in his lifetime. It presents an urgency like no other as the future of the Galaxy resides within his teachings and the proper use of them by the trainee. It is the ultimate effort to rid the Galaxy of the Empire's tyranny and bring salvation to its people. Yoda completes his training and sets his hopes on his apprentice, finding his own death at the end of the intense teachings.

- Yoda 1/6 scale Mini bust: Number 12,922 out of 15,000
By Gentle Giant LTD.

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH000.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH001.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH002.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH003.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH004.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH005.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH006.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH007.jpg

- Yoda 1/6 scale statue: Number 911 out of 2,000
By Gentle Giant LTD.

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH008.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH009.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH010.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH010A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH011.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH012.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH013.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH014.jpg

Reaction score
Yoda Lamp (1:1 Fan Made Replica)
By Matt Black

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH040.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH038.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH037.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH039.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH036.jpg

Luke Skywalker Blaster 1:1 Replica: Number 0480 out of 1,500
By Master Replicas

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH094.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH095.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH096.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH097.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH090A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH090.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH091.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH092.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH093.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH089.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH088.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH081.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH082.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH083.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH084.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH085.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH086.jpg

GENTLEGIANTDAGOBAH087.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome pictures as always, Lightsword. Love the Luke blaster, the Yoda lamp and the Yoda half scale. By the way, do you know where I could get the Yoda lamp? Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks. The lamp I bought it a long while ago from someone in England that's a member of the RPF. If I remember correctly, I paid about $150.00 shipped, and soon after that the project was over. Later on another member there offered his own version/run of this lamp almost exactly to mine a couple of years ago, but that run is also over. That said, check out the RPF's "Junkyard" as I believe someone is selling one, but for a higher price than what I paid for mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey LS, I was looking at the pictures of your display and noticed a concept McQuarrie Luke lightsaber. Any advice on where I could find one? These are hardly ever made. Thank you, sir.

Reaction score
The lightsaber is all made of metal, comes apart in three pieces to add electronics to it if wanted. I bought it a few years ago from someone in Belgium and it was the last one he had. To be honest, I don't even remember what site I got it from, but if I find out at some point through my many e-mails, I'll post the info.

Reaction score
Hey LS, did you read Tessek is not listed as part of the schedule of upcoming releases? I know you fought hard to get that bust made and your friend passed away without seeing it, so I'm just wondering how you feel about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey LS, did you read Tessek is not listed as part of the schedule of upcoming releases? I know you fought hard to get that bust made and your friend passed away without seeing it, so I'm just wondering how you feel about it.

I tell you this much. I'm thankful Tessek became a reality, that it got into production mainly because my good friend Kevin wanted it so bad and its release will give his memory a positive sense of accomplishment for his effort to see the bust made. That said, there's the understandable argument being presented dealing with delays due to the virus and the ports, etc. But what I don't seem to understand is why product announced after Tessek made it to homes already, meanwhile Tessek has not; why an announced bust like Bespin Luke, there is only a sketch done for it over a year ago to go by. So, I take announcements and release dates with a grain of salt, lean back , watch the show an expect things not to go in a perfect way. You can't expect much. I used to get really upset about what feels like a total disregard and lack of appreciation at times for the customers, but then again life is too short and there are bigger issues nowadays to worry about than a bust being delayed; no need to stress over a piece of Polystone. For what it's worth, I know who I'm dealing with, I know the consequences of getting too close to a fire, and to some degree the benefits of getting a product I like and have been collecting for 17 years. So, in all, it is what it is. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stopped collecting action figures over a decade ago, however, I do collect the Retro figures because of nostalgic reasons, and being as they are in my view a throwback to a style from a time when life itself was a lot simpler. I'm only collecting the OT Retro figures and the colorful 'prototypes" that get offered once a year as store exclusives. Last year it was Darth Vader done in a variety of colors. I believe there were somewhere around 18 different color variations, but I only picked up four. This year is Target's exclusive Retro Boba Fett prototype figure, a total of six different color helmet variants to complete the set were created. I got lucky recently and was able to locate all six variants after an exhausting hunt for them that took me pretty much to some far from home places in the state.

Here are: Orange, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Red and Green helmet Boba Fett prototypes :)

protofett_01.jpg

protofett_02.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
1631345919807.png

Today, we look back on the two decades that have passed since America changed forever the clear morning of 9/11 when Al Qaeda terrorists hijacked four airliners and crashed them into symbols of American power, and the unifying phrase that has become embedded in our language and the American culture: “Never Forget.”

America is now two decades removed from Sept. 11, 2001, and an entire generation of Americans have no memory of that day or the significance 9/11 plays in the American consciousness. But we must never forget that ...

Never Forget is the reminder that on September 11, 2001, the attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, as well as the plane crash in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, killed 2,507 civilians, 72 law enforcement officers, 343 firefighters, and 55 military personnel. Never Forget means that the memory of these innocent victims and selfless heroes is sacred to the citizens of this country.

Never Forget is our commitment to the courageous first responders—the ones who went into the towers to try to help when everyone else was running out, the paramedics and military personnel who responded to the attack on the Pentagon, and the desperate and heroic actions of the passengers on United Flight 93 who rushed the cockpit and brought the plane down into a field to prevent greater loss of life in D.C. The lives they sought to save are our lives. Never Forget the selflessness and sacrifice they made in the confusion and chaos 20 years ago.

Never Forget is a call to honor the most enduring message left for us by those who perished in the attacks. When faced with certain death, again and again the innocent victims of 9/11 used whatever means they could to send a message to the ones that they loved. The words they used the most were “I love you.” Never Forget that love is still the victor, even in the face of death. From the ashes where terrorists attacked rose unity, hope, resilience, compassion, generosity, strength, fortitude, and everything that makes America great.

Never forget the terrorists that attacked us and their hate for our country, because once we do, it is bound to be repeated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With my son just having graduated from college (my pocket just feels a little fuller now), getting his associate degree in graphic arts and heading to the university, and myself about to have another birthday a week from now, well, it was time to taste again the sweet nectar of high end collecting. I've just received this 72 lbs box today, a gift for myself my dear better half insisted on sharing the cost with me. I just hate having to wait another week before opening it, but if I've waited this long to have it, another week will go away in a jiffy :)

DSCN6736.JPG

Reaction score
Haha! Guys, when I open it I'll take some pictures for the reveal ( drums rolling ) :). A little hint: Sergiu and Ben have not bought one. Sven has one and I'm going to need some info on a pedestal construction for it. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
A spaceship, it has to be a spaceship..........🤔😱....?

42261649sx.jpg

Or at least a creature......🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣?

Last edited: