Life-Size Jumbo Vintage Kenner Darth Vader Statue

Dax

Reaction score
I still think this line is right up there with Halloween or Christmas plastic lawn ornaments.
I think they look great but the price is so blown out of proportion for these hollow plastic pieces that lack any actual detail or hard paint apps. They are a cool idea, especially for the vintage collectors but def not for me.

Although it's not specified on the web site I recall from when the Stormtrooper was announced that these items were to be made of fibreglass, not plastic. Considering the smaller production run, fibreglass quality and the cost of delivery I think they're reasonably priced. I agree though that Vader should really come with a DT saber.

Reaction score
I still think this line is right up there with Halloween or Christmas plastic lawn ornaments.
I think they look great but the price is so blown out of proportion for these hollow plastic pieces that lack any actual detail or hard paint apps. They are a cool idea, especially for the vintage collectors but def not for me.

Totally agree, and imo the kenner Darth was a very poor sculpt, its going to look even worse in life size.

Reaction score
Oddly I like this idea. I would rather have this than a prop( fan made) suit IMO . I can see a Vader , Luke and Obi. A rocket fett would be ideal but they will hold off on him I would think. A life sized Yak Face , Vlix or IG88 would be incredible.

-James

Why on earth would anyone want a life sized Vlix???????????? An ugly fat man wearing a bizarre space suit - erh no thanks

Reaction score
these prices seem fair to me for the size and run they make. I just wonder if I should get both or just pick the best one. I dont have room for all this stuff.... lol

Reaction score
I like the life-sized vintage Yak Face that Jordan "the moron" Hembrough (Toy Hunter idiot) has in his store. I'm sure it's a custom, but it is pretty neat.

Dax

Reaction score
Yeah, not cool man. You may not like his presenting style which is designed to create excitement with the layman that knows next to nothing about toy collecting, but getting personal and calling him names is unacceptable. That's not how we do things here at Rebelscum.

Reaction score
Yeah, not cool man. You may not like his presenting style which is designed to create excitement with the layman that knows next to nothing about toy collecting, but getting personal and calling him names is unacceptable. That's not how we do things here at Rebelscum.

Thats news to me, I seen in many threads were people call others names, insult each other. I have experinced it. I agree, theres no need for name calling. But it happens here lol:p

Reaction score
I like the life-sized vintage Yak Face that Jordan "the moron" Hembrough (Toy Hunter idiot) has in his store. I'm sure it's a custom, but it is pretty neat.

I like the yak but a little Too shiney for me too. I dealt with Jordan many years ago when he was more humble and willing to talk to normal folks . very smart guy with some collecting talent for sure .

-James

Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone want a life sized Vlix???????????? An ugly fat man wearing a bizarre space suit - erh no thanks

The appeal is there for me . Seeing Vaders, Stormtroopers, Fett ( good lord ) all the time in collectors room gives me the " yawn factor" when I see collections. Seeing original items like Vlix etc would be great . Mass Produced maybe not but who wants a lifesized vader at that price .

-James

Reaction score

Jordan seems a very decent fellow on the vintage boards here, always willing to talk to anybody, always polite, seems like a pretty decent guy to me.

Reaction score
I'm REALLY curious to see what they do with the cape.

Could end up looking like: A. Vader wearing a shower curtain, or B. Vader wearing a bean bag char vinyl cape.

Whatever the case, I'm 100% confident that GG will find a way to screw it up.

Reaction score
Just saw pics of this over at another SW Collector site and I hate to say it, but there's definitely something not quite right with the final production version. He's has a lollipop look about him. Surely GG could have found a better example of the vintage figure than the one they used......the shape of his helmet looks nothing like the vintage figure I have here standing on a shelf here in my home office. The cape is also too short.

:(

Reaction score
Just saw pics of this over at another SW Collector site and I hate to say it, but there's definitely something not quite right with the final production version. He's has a lollipop look about him. Surely GG could have found a better example of the vintage figure than the one they used......the shape of his helmet looks nothing like the vintage figure I have here standing on a shelf here in my home office. The cape is also too short.

:(

The in hand pics I saw definitely look off. When I compared with the GG promo pics, I think it's the cape that's throwing it off. The GG pics have it with a really high collar which took away that "lollipop" look you mention.