Lak Sivrak Mini Bust - Web Exclusive

Reaction score
Got my wolfman today! Great looking bust.

Wish I could post pictures but the Tapatalk app won't let me upload pics.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I hope you get that sorted out 🤞
Thanks, John. It's been sorted out. I got to the Post Office and there was actually a line of about six people complaining their parcels showed to have been delivered yesterday but they'd gotten nothing. After a while the supervisor came out and explained they had a new guy yesterday doing the deliveries and (just because), he decided to mark part of his mail load as " delivered" at the end of the shift, apparently to show he had finished it all. I was told the regular mailman had my parcel in the truck to be delivered today. I drove back home and there was the mailman with my parcel walking to my front door so I called on him. I had a smile from ear to ear when he handed me the parcel, although I know the face mask covering it didn't let him see my state of happiness. :)

I opened it and got #128 out of 500. The bust is in perfect condition, and the bend on one of the scopes is so minimal you really have to look for it to notice it. Overall, a very nice looking bust, good paint application and I especially like the details on his teeth and mouth which are very realistic. The size of the sculpt is also good, not reduced like Ponda Babba. I'll get some pictures done when I get the time, but no complains with this mini bust at all. Here's hoping the QC stays on for future Cantina patron releases, like Dr. Evazan ( hint, hint). :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my wolfman today! Great looking bust.

Wish I could post pictures but the Tapatalk app won't let me upload pics.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I’ve been having issues with that too. I have to restart the app in order for it to let me upload pics and even then it’s a pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I opened it and got #128 out of 500. The bust is in perfect condition, and the bend on one of the scopes is so minimal you really have to look for it to notice it. Overall, a very nice looking bust, good paint application and I especially like the details on his teeth and mouth which are very realistic. The size of the sculpt is also good, not reduced like Ponda Babba. I'll get some pictures done when I get the time, but no complains with this mini bust at all. Here's hoping the QC stays on for future Cantina patron releases, like Dr. Evazan ( hint, hint). :)
Good for you, Lightsword. Congratulations.

Reaction score
Really glad you got the delivery sorted out Julian and that you finally got a good bust from GG!!! 🎉 I know you've had your share of 🍋🍋.

Reaction score
I got mine #78 and I'm very happy with it. Gentle Giant did an stellar job with this one and, no import duties. It was a win/win situation. Haha!

Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday, very happy with it. It has a bit of a bend on one of the scopes as other have but other than that it's a really nice bust.

No customs either which it always nice :)

Reaction score
Really glad you got the delivery sorted out Julian and that you finally got a good bust from GG!!! 🎉 I know you've had your share of 🍋🍋.
Haha! Thanks. You know it. I've gotten so many lemons through the years I should've had my own lemonade business by now. :) Always much better to praise, as it has been the case with the Wolfman mini bust. Ahoooooo! :)

Reaction score
Yes! As much as we know you hardly ever hear our requests, it'd be very nice if you were to finish the Cantina musicians. Gee, I would even give you kudos myself. :)

Reaction score
Or give us a single deluxe bust so they don’t have to make multiple releases for the band members!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Pretty surprised that GG is sitting on 72 of these in stock. An OT bust that came out great with an edition size of only 500. Weird.

Reaction score
Apparently with all the Mando stuff selling out with 3k edition sizes they are indeed creating what sells (much to most of our behest) , same with Ponda Baba and Tarkin for PGM, still in stock.
This is why we aren’t seeing as much OT, it’s not selling out. I don’t understand why though....

Reaction score
I think it has to do with perception and their spread of releases. Many of those that collected OT and PT characters got tired of the company mainly heading in one direction, the newer stuff. Some of them no longer care collecting GG product, have sold what they had or have gone to collect from other companies. A higher number of people collecting the newer stuff is what remains now. So while they sell cartoon stuff and Mando and those that collect it buy it, they've driven away a good number of OT collectors and those that still collect from them, have already gotten what they wanted. Tarkin was/is a horrible looking mini bust. It was posed not the way collectors wanted, and the color given to his skin was/is orange, not better at all compared to the first release. Ponda Baba while a welcoming piece, it was again posed weirdly and undersized so not very attractive either. They have attracted a number a new collectors with the new stuff, but at the same time they've driven away a number of those interested in the classic stuff with boring releases. Pretty much what Disney wanted as they keep pushing for what they have produced and taken Lucas' stuff to the background.

Reaction score
I also wonder if it's just lack of marketing on their part. This figure is selling for $150-$200 on eBay, plus shipping. Do people not know they can pick it up for $100 by just going to the website? And with the bigger releases, I think the fact that retailers are picking them up helps. I doubt many retailers are picking up these smaller releases in any substantial quantities if at all.

Reaction score
same with Ponda Baba and Tarkin for PGM, still in stock. This is why we aren’t seeing as much OT, it’s not selling out. I don’t understand why though....
Personally I think Sivrak is an amazing bust for a blink-and-miss character but I love the whole cantina mash up of alien characters, seems just not for everyone (maybe younger fans) I guess. Tarkin has previous version which is fine, sculpt is meh, thus no shock there seems to be plenty still available.
As for Ponda, I am somewhat surprised it didn't sell out being an iconic cantina alien and the bust is decent enough. In contrast, Amanaman is very high demand bust now being another alien character with similar edition size. Although simply put he is one huge great bust of awesomeness!

Hopefully this is not a trend for OT future bust and Biggs at least has decent sales...

Reaction score
I'm going to agree and disagree a little here with the comments made. I don't think people are lacking interest on OT stuff. Biggs and other names mentioned throughout the forums show a marked interest for them, from Malakili which they have chosen to ignore to Ephant Mon, rebel pilots, bith band members, etc, etc. Some items sell faster than others and although there are still 70 Lak Shivrak remaining, entertaining the possibility of it being due to a lack of interest on the OT is looking at the glass half full, not half empty, and that could go for other Trilogies as well. Five hundred Lak Shivrak were made, out of which 430 of them sold from their site, so the OT mini bust is selling. There is however a strong emphasis on promoting everything Mando, CW and Rebels while giving very little interest to the OT and PT. Just like Sith posted above, GG are attracting more collectors interested in these new Star Wars ramifications because it is what's showing on TV and movies now, and striking while the iron's hot is a business practice. Last year the 40th anniversary of ESB went pretty much unnoticed by the maker, and some people get bored and walk away, so maybe there aren't as many Gentle Giant OT collectors as once were because the maker pushed them away with what has now become their main focus. In my opinion, it isn't that OT stuff does not sell, otherwise there wouldn't be people paying premiums for some of these items on Ebay and sometimes even here, but rather a descent on the amount of Gentle Giant OT collectors because of the push for Disney stuff.

But just to add to the point I'm trying to make about some items selling faster than others, there are many ST/Disney stuff that was released way before Shivrak that is not selling despite some of them being quite nice. I would say at some point they will sell out, same as the OT stuff. Here are some of them:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Snowtrooper Classic Bust - GameStop Exclusive
Remaining Stock: 85

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Rey Mini Bust
Remaining Stock: 48

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Maz Kanata Mini Bust
Remaining Stock: 39

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Flametrooper Mini Bust
Remaining Stock: 58

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Stormtrooper Mini Bust
Remaining Stock: 65

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - Finn Mini Bust
Remaining Stock: 55