JTA Figure complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes...
I have been a fan of Jedi Temple Archives website for some time now. No where as long as I have been here on RS but I do enjoy most of the stuff they put up. I have finally hit a wall with that site and will no longer visit it after today. The creator of the website is nothing but a cry-baby child that uses the site for his own personal opinion and constant complaining! The action figure complaints to everything else are way out of control and I can't take it anymore. We do have arguments here on RS but Philip never used this forum as a complaint central for his personal needs. This place is free and very well monitored on each topic. JTA is overseen by an overthinking adult that kicks and screams about every tiny detail of a fantasy world. Time to grow up, and start acting like an adult! Star Wars is not real, it is meant to be something we look forward to escaping into and relaxing at the end of a long day. Reading his take on Disney's Boba show sent me over the edge today. If JTA thinks it's so easy to make these shows then let's see him do better. His action figure rants are just as bad. He is never happy with the output of the vintage collection or anything else. This stuff is an escape from our stressful lives so I don't understand how he can negatively review just about everything and attempt to bring us as collectors down to his miserable level. If my post needs to be put somewhere else then please move it. Thanks for a great SW site I have been a member of since 2004.

Rock

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes...
I have been a fan of Jedi Temple Archives website for some time now. No where as long as I have been here on RS but I do enjoy most of the stuff they put up. I have finally hit a wall with that site and will no longer visit it after today. The creator of the website is nothing but a cry-baby child that uses the site for his own personal opinion and constant complaining! The action figure complaints to everything else are way out of control and I can't take it anymore. We do have arguments here on RS but Philip never used this forum as a complaint central for his personal needs. This place is free and very well monitored on each topic. JTA is overseen by an overthinking adult that kicks and screams about every tiny detail of a fantasy world. Time to grow up, and start acting like an adult! Star Wars is not real, it is meant to be something we look forward to escaping into and relaxing at the end of a long day. Reading his take on Disney's Boba show sent me over the edge today. If JTA thinks it's so easy to make these shows then let's see him do better. His action figure rants are just as bad. He is never happy with the output of the vintage collection or anything else. This stuff is an escape from our stressful lives so I don't understand how he can negatively review just about everything and attempt to bring us as collectors down to his miserable level. If my post needs to be put somewhere else then please move it. Thanks for a great SW site I have been a member of since 2004.

Rock
Amen. JTA is the worst. Paul is a whiny, conceited, know-it-all, d-bag. From his bragging about how he’s got the inside track on all things Hasbro (oh wait weren’t you blacklisted for being a sexist bigot), to his nasty attitude about anything Disney, he’s just a miserable human being. And without a doubt he’s the most thin skinned admin alive. He can throw down insults all day long but the second you offer a retort, you’re banned! They have some nice content on the site but Paul and his echo chamber of acolytes have ensured that I’ll never visit their site again.

But wait, without JTA you would never have gotten so many things... the latest being the Droids line. TVC coming back? ALL him. get on your knees and thank the maker such a person exists.

But wait, without JTA you would never have gotten so many things... the latest being the Droids line. TVC coming back? ALL him. get on your knees and thank the maker such a person exists.
Lmfao! Yeah according to Paul the sail barge was all thanks to him too. The people at Hasbro and the fans who asked for it for years had NOTHING to do with it!
I do want to amend my original rant as I think the original writer may have been referring to Thomas at a certain point, who does the Boba reviews. I don’t mind Thomas, at least he can separate the hobby from his ego and personal politics.

When I first got into collecting Star Wars I went to that site a lot as a resource on what was out there, but it wasnt a very welcoming place, just as a reader, not even as a board member/commenter.

Galactic Figures (formerly Jedibusiness.com) is a much more comprehensive figure resource, fwiw.

JTA is the epitome of everything wrong with SW collecting and collectors. The infighting among website staff and Paul is unprofessional and the personal attacks I’ve seen and been the brunt of at one point are unacceptable. I haven’t been at that site for over a year. The only person I liked was Thomas but it’s not worth subjecting myself to the negativity and agenda driven bs. There’s plenty of unbiased collecting sites that present just toy news without the loaded commentary and outdated generational driven warfare.

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that sees JTA for what it is. Like I said there are good sources of information there but the complaining has tipped the scale for me and I will no longer visit the site.

I only use JTA as a database. I don't know that Ive ever stopped on the main site - just go straight to the line/year I need to see what came out, etc.

Always liked Thomas and I used to pop into the site every so often. But it doesn't have a terribly nice atmosphere, and in fact it can get downright nasty. Paul can be a bit too...er..."puritan" at times as well. He lets his religion and his politics get the better of him all too often.

The worst thing about the site however, is the outdated format. That Disqus template is bloody awful for any type of discussion and it's rare that any topic lasts more than a few days of heated, and often ridiculous, argument.

Always liked Thomas and I used to pop into the site every so often. But it doesn't have a terribly nice atmosphere, and in fact it can get downright nasty. Paul can be a bit too...er..."puritan" at times as well. He lets his religion and his politics get the better of him all too often.

The worst thing about the site however, is the outdated format. That Disqus template is bloody awful for any type of discussion and it's rare that any topic lasts more than a few days of heated, and often ridiculous, argument.

Disqus is especially terrible when there are lots of replies - you quickly lose oversight and clicking on a notification only shows that and not the rest of the replies, if there are any, etc.

Lots of sites use it though... Yakface, Galacticfigures and Fwoosh too, so it must be easy to implement and moderate.

I will say JTA has one thing going for it, they do post more about sales items and restocks faster than anyone.

I've been collecting a long time and somehow never used their site as a resource...I'm now certainly glad I didn't.

(Rebelscum is where I first wound up and I found the community so welcoming I never drifted anywhere else for forums...so, cheers to the galaxy's scum).
Kinda funny how a place named for Jedi is plagued by pessimism, anger and gloom but a place named for scum is more civil and a healthier open forum.

I will say JTA has one thing going for it, they do post more about sales items and restocks faster than anyone.
That’s debatable. They lift a lot of their sales and announcements from here and yakface. Granted they do find some themselves but they also have no problem thefting other site’s headlines. Like others have said, Thomas is cool and is capable of having a civilized discussion. Paul is an insecure ****** who can’t stand for anyone to disagree with him. That site would be 1000% improved if they dumped Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back