Isdam Edian (Bespin Security Guard) - VC239

Reaction score
A fun fact about the Bespin Guard Legacy figures and ESB costumes too…

The alien guard was never featured on film, but appeared in several productions stills. His costume also features additional gold trim on the bottom and cuffs of the jacket, and a different under shirt/collar. The legacy figures actually depict those minor differences between each other (generally). Most likely, he was supposed to be an officer within the guard.
Very poor choice not to have him in the movie. It's a good look and would have been fine for the background. More aliens adds more texture and makes the universe feel more expansive. Way, way too many humans, even in the background, across the SW franchise.

Reaction score
Both those Bespin Guards are the highlight of this announcement. Been waiting for some new faces to add to the ranks in my Carbonite Chamber diorama.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Walmart Canada will be getting these? I’m trying to figure out who will be getting these in Canada.

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the two Bespin guards, card looks great too.

Reaction score
Gotta love those outdated hips, ankles and bulbous wrists.

/s

Looks good and I'm looking forward to adding the duo to my Bespin set up.

Reaction score
Wow, of all the hands to use why Luke's?!!! Were Bespin or Young Lando's not available? I mean you're already using General Lando's legs so why go to the Luke mold for hands? :unsure:

ZX3

Reaction score
I wonder for customizers out there who made their own Bespin Security Guards before these were announced what their "recipe" was.
I wonder if Hasbro, who often Frankensteins together parts to make new figures, follows what customizers make and ever get ideas from them.

Reaction score
I wonder for customizers out there who made their own Bespin Security Guards before these were announced what their "recipe" was.
I wonder if Hasbro, who often Frankensteins together parts to make new figures, follows what customizers make and ever get ideas from them.
I think that happens, yes.

Reaction score
I heard with the legacy Cloud City Guard the plan was originally to have three versions. An Alien guard, white guard, and black guard. Each would have a unique head sculpt.

Hasbro publicly announced the black guard was to be released before accounting axed the running change concept on all planned figures.

Hasbro didn’t want to cancel the already announced and popular black guard. Unfortunately the mold for the head wasn’t done. The white guard head mold however was done. Hasbro used the white guard head sculpt for the black guard, never releasing a white guard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used a Mutt from the Joe team for my custom mustached chap. For whatever reason I looked that Mutt up fairly recently (I don’t remember which series it’s from), and it’s just WAY to expensive to buy for one head sculpt.
1656913793258.jpeg

Reaction score
What in the world? 😮😤
I quoted @ZX3, and yet it’s saying @Rushie is the one who said it. The quote feature here is treating me weirder and weirder every time I use it.

Reaction score
Oh-my-God-thats-freaky-GIF.gif

Reaction score
I heard with the legacy Cloud City Guard the plan was originally to have three versions. An Alien guard, white guard, and black guard. Each would have a unique head sculpt.

Hasbro publicly announced the black guard was to be released before accounting axed the running change concept on all planned figures.

Hasbro didn’t want to cancel the already announced and popular black guard. Unfortunately the mold for the head wasn’t done. The white guard head mold however was done. Hasbro used the white guard head sculpt for the black guard, never releasing a white guard.
Yeah an unfortunate circumstance really, and sad that they axed running changes because a lot of us like the variants. I don't know what the difference is really between that and what they do now, other than it being a totally separate figure with number but I imagine the same amount of each is made regardless.

Reaction score
Increasingly, whenever I post a picture, my phone does this weird fast scroll movement, and I hear that little bump noise you sometimes get when pressing to copy. When the dust clears, I find almost anything to have happened. Weird stuff in my text boxes, weird stuff highlighted in blue, weird buttons claimed to have been pressed. I’m using a 6 SE, so maybe it’s time for an upgrade.

Reaction score
Nice figure but since we'll likely never see an updated again I wish they could have utilized the new hip swivel somehow, these legs just aren't that great and never were TBH. Perhaps Han's legs from Solo would have worked better.

Be nice if the release of these would cause the pervious BSG figures to go down in price.

Reaction score
mine has not shipped, still prepping typical but other BG shipped

Reaction score
I wasn't super excited when these were first announced - guess they weren't high on my personal "upgrade list" and I was offput by the chest articulation. In hand now, I LOVE these guys. Great looking figures for the freezing chamber / flanking Lando.

Now I'd love to see these get the four-pack treatment. Include the older/white guy who pushed Han in carbonite, the bearded guy, the Asian guy (these were all their official names, no?), and for the officer throw in Utris M'toc with gold uniform trim and without a hat. The extra mile would be including batons as the two alternate weapons, but I suspect if we ever got this far they'd probably just include 2 rifles instead. One can hope!

Reaction score
I ordered 3 each of Isdam and Helder - I received 5 each. Walmart consistently messes up my order but usually to my benefit. More fodder for me! I planned to do some surgery/head swaps to build out my Bespin guard as well as further diversify my RFTs, now I have even more to play with.

Isdam is great! The team did an incredible job making this background extra’s likeness. The figure looks just like the guy! If the actor is still alive I bet he’d be thrilled. I hope he gets to see this.

Reaction score
Now I'd love to see these get the four-pack treatment. Include the older/white guy who pushed Han in carbonite, the bearded guy, the Asian guy (these were all their official names, no?), and for the officer throw in Utris M'toc with gold uniform trim and without a hat. The extra mile would be including batons as the two alternate weapons, but I suspect if we ever got this far they'd probably just include 2 rifles instead. One can hope!

Hoping to get these two new Bespin Security Guards at some point - they both look fantastic. It's great they have finally been made. These guards have been high on my wish-list for years, especially since they've had very few decent releases in the modern line. IMHO the non-Imperial human uniformed characters are all the "unsung heroes" of the OT, and they include these guards, the Rebel Blockade Runner Troopers, the Hoth Rebel Troopers, the Endor Rebel Commandos, etc. And, in many cases they've been all-but ignored as action figures in the 3.75" line(s).

I would definitely pay good $ for a four-pack of the Bespin Security guard characters - as described above. IIRC the Asian Bespin Security guard was made in the POTJ line circa 2001-ish, but that figure definitely needs an upgrade.

Side-note: I always wondered why these guys were called "Bespin" security guards. Yes, Cloud City was on the Planet Bespin. However, to be more accurate they should have been called "Cloud City" security guards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These are phenomenal. Just amazing figures. The golden age of of sparling like with hundreds of items a year might be over. Sculpting wise we’ve entered a new golden age for what these figures look like and how they can be posed.

The Legacy Collections practically look 2 dimensional compared to these. Legacy also look like they are made with too dark a blue plastic with a waxy sheen.

These new versions rock. Can’t what ti set them up with other Bespin figures and see how they fit in.

Reaction score
They're also the closest stand-ins currently for Pre-Mor troopers.

Side-note: I always wondered why these guys were called "Bespin" security guards. Yes, Cloud City was on the Planet Bespin. However, to be more accurate they should have been called "Cloud City" security guards.
TBH, I first thought Cloud City itself was actually called Bespin. It also sounds nicer as a descriptor. Bespin gantry, Han in Bespin outfit etc

Reaction score
IMHO the Bespin security guards' uniforms are specifically intended to look functional & somewhat unobtrusive, which is the whole point - similar to a security guard IRL. I like the simplicity of the blue/maroon uniform with the subtle gold high-lights, etc. Obviously Lando wanted the Cloud City citizenry to feel calm/relaxed, so he didn't want heavily armed/armored guards walking through the facility and unsettling/upsetting the citizens, etc. This is exactly why the Empire's presence was so disruptive to him & the business of the city, etc.

And, the guards' appearance made the ESB scene when they quickly surround & capture the Stormtroopers so unexpected - because they never appear that "threatening" ;)