Holdorfio's Collection

Reaction score
I’ve been a longtime fan of Rebel Scum and the collections in the forums in particular. I’m currently active duty in the US Navy so trying to maintain a Star Wars room of my own is a bit of a challenge. Continual moves make keeping brown shipping boxes a must.
I recently returned from deployment and am settling into a new house. Since it’s now just me and my wife, she has graciously agreed to let me consume one of the bedrooms.
This will be a bit of a work in progress but I find those type of collections are often fun to watch. What I have right now are some bare pictures of the bedroom from when we moved in as well as some photos of the room after the movers delivered “the goods”.
Hope you enjoy seeing how this comes together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just reading some of the sides of the boxes and I can see you have some great pieces, looking forward to seeing your collection room take shape. :)

Reaction score
Looks like you've got a nice space for your collectibles, I look forward to seeing them all once you've set them all out. :)

Reaction score
Looks like a nice space to work with. With the wife's approval I decided to make my den into a SW room almost 2 years ago but with work and having two small children I'm still working on it. But I enjoy the progress and hopefully I can get some pics up soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your collection come together.

Reaction score
Fumbling around a bit on figuring out how to post pictures so they show up larger. Have only been able to figure out the thumbnail versions. Happy for any assistance.

Received my second shipment of items from storage yesterday so thought it was worth a bit of an update. I hadn't yet obtained Darth's evil master so I jumped on Sideshow's recent $200 discount.

...he arrived today! :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well from what I can see on the descriptions on the boxes this should be a very nice display soon enough!!! :)

Reaction score
Fumbling around a bit on figuring out how to post pictures so they show up larger. Have only been able to figure out the thumbnail versions. Happy for any assistance.

Received my second shipment of items from storage yesterday so thought it was worth a bit of an update. I hadn't yet obtained Darth's evil master so I jumped on Sideshow's recent $200 discount.

...he arrived today! :grin:

Upload them to Photobucket first!

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that on my next update later this week.

My wife is a little particular in that part of the deal of me getting the bedroom, I had to agree that the room couldn't be a mess. So while up in Seattle recently on leave, we stopped by the Renton IKEA to get some display ideas. She found a neat solution for my Hasbro carded figures which I'll post later this week. Love the current vintage line which will find a home in the Star Wars room as well.

Reaction score
Thanks to Yourmaster and Photobucket I can share some imbedded photos.

Here is a drapery hanging system found at IKEA that I'm going to use to for displaying my carded figures. The main set comes with two anchoring posts and a wire to string between the two. Since I'm going to run the line the complete length of the room, I decided to pick up additional support posts to minimize the amount of droop experienced from the weight of the cards. Then I also picked up clip sets to hang the cards from the wire.

StarWarsRoom006_zps03cacc31.jpg

I secured each post with three anchors in the drywall in order to pull the line tight. Didn't want to fear the screws pulling out from the wall.

StarWarsRoom009_zps26d34f96.jpg

Each post screws into the anchoring plate.

StarWarsRoom010_zps35d13a97.jpg

Here is a complete post.

StarWarsRoom013_zpse3a7dd14.jpg

I used one support post between the two anchoring posts.

StarWarsRoom012_zpsb13b5c32.jpg

Here is the full run. The wire can be pulled very taunt with the mini turnbuckle.

StarWarsRoom015_zps17070d5f.jpg

For the clips, I was a little concerned with the teeth biting into the cards.

StarWarsRoom016_zps50045b54.jpg

So I cut out some rubber gasket material to place between the card and the clip.

StarWarsRoom018_zps391650d5.jpg

And here is a card made up on the wire.

StarWarsRoom017_zps5f0bcfb3.jpg

Enjoy the photos. Next update, I'll be able to show a couple strings of figures. B)

Reaction score
Cool! Liked the step by step pictures, cant wait to see all the cardbacks up there.:D

Reaction score
I take it you still have lots of Hasbro figures in your collection then??? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I take it you still have lots of Hasbro figures in your collection then??? :)

I used to open all my cards but with the advent of the modern vintage line, I switched to keeping them intact. Appreciate them more now as art as they conjure up great nostalgia of the original line. Hated to hear the series is going on hiatus but hopefully it's only temporary and Hasbro will bring it back in a few years. We'll see.

As I'm hanging them up, I've had to make a decision on the order. I am going to sequence them as they were released. Grouping them by movie creates too much of an imbalance. In the process of hanging them, I've noticed some gaps that I'll have to remedy. :p

Reaction score
I used to open all my cards but with the advent of the modern vintage line, I switched to keeping them intact. Appreciate them more now as art as they conjure up great nostalgia of the original line. Hated to hear the series is going on hiatus but hopefully it's only temporary and Hasbro will bring it back in a few years. We'll see.

As I'm hanging them up, I've had to make a decision on the order. I am going to sequence them as they were released. Grouping them by movie creates too much of an imbalance. In the process of hanging them, I've noticed some gaps that I'll have to remedy. :p

Sounds like a good way to sequence them, saves problems rearranging everything later on if they are to continue the line..., I look forward to seeing more pictures soon. :)

Reaction score
Looking good! How many rows do you plan?
I noticed you have them on the wall behind the door, do they flap around when you open and close the door?

Reaction score
Looking good! How many rows do you plan?
I noticed you have them on the wall behind the door, do they flap around when you open and close the door?

I've run a wire on each of the four walls which gives me enough capacity to display all of the vintage collection figures that I currently have. If my count is correct, I need about 22 more to complete the series. Won't be able to squeeze them all in so I may run another wire or two.

When I first hung the cards, some cards rotatated which bothered me. To keep them straight, I ran a length of fishing line behind them. It's nearly invisible and keeps them all exactly where they should be. No flapping. :sneaky:

Reaction score
The fishing line idea was pretty good & I notice you've started by displaying the figures from the best Star Wars film..., good man!!! ;) So, I take it the figures all get hung up high around the room then? Does this mean you'll be putting display cabinets in the room for your bigger items??? I thought you were going to dedicate a wall to figures myself, just an assumption though. :)

Reaction score
The fishing line idea was pretty good & I notice you've started by displaying the figures from the best Star Wars film..., good man!!! ;) So, I take it the figures all get hung up high around the room then? Does this mean you'll be putting display cabinets in the room for your bigger items??? I thought you were going to dedicate a wall to figures myself, just an assumption though. :)

Thanks Kev. The fishing line is working well.

Yep, the figures wrap all the way around the room near the ceiling leaving room for display units. I think I'm going to get about seven shelving units; one on each side of the window, two mated together on another wall, and three mated together on the third wall. I have a fairly inexpensive IKEA set in mind just because with all the moves I make, my furniture tends to get fairly dinged up after each transition. I'm going to leave the fourth wall alone for some art.

Reaction score
Thanks Kev. The fishing line is working well.

Yep, the figures wrap all the way around the room near the ceiling leaving room for display units. I think I'm going to get about seven shelving units; one on each side of the window, two mated together on another wall, and three mated together on the third wall. I have a fairly inexpensive IKEA set in mind just because with all the moves I make, my furniture tends to get fairly dinged up after each transition. I'm going to leave the fourth wall alone for some art.

Sounds good..., I look forward to seeing this thread progress & getting to see all of your collection. :)

Reaction score
Very cool idea to display your carded figures :) can't wait to see the rest of your set up mate

Reaction score
Here are figures hung. The photos are a bit distant so I'll re-shoot a couple a little closer up. You will probably notice some series gaps that I will need to fill. Not a lot of extra room for more so another wire or two will be needed. I don't want to crowd them all too much.

Need to get the Premium Format figures out of their boxes so some of the clothing can start relaxing. I'm sure there will be some serious tweaking needed.

Enjoy

SWR004_zps4918b9c1.jpg

SWR003_zpsaeed473a.jpg

SWR002_zps7fb647a4.jpg

SWR001_zps6cb0214b.jpg

Reaction score
Cool, loads of carded figures then!!! :) I don't know what your windows are like & I don't want to put a downer on your display as I could be wrong (but they don't look double glazed) BUT just a thought for you..., do they get any condensation on them in the winter time at all??? Just thinking about the carded figures above the window because of the card maybe getting damp (possibly)??? :(

Reaction score
Sergiu, Kev,

Appreciate any and all feedback. Like any collector, it's fun to show the wares.

The lighting in the room is fairly miserable. The house was not outfitted with overhead lights but the landlord is slowly adding them. Honestly, I thought he would have gotten to this bedroom by now. I was going to purchase some lamps until he said that he would add the ceiling lights. At the moment, I'm relegated to a single floor lamp and the light from the window. The room gets little if any direct sunlight and with winter coming the days of sun are waning. As you can see below, there is quite a bit of vegetation that cuts the direct light. Also, I don't plan on trimming it because of it's filtering affect and privacy.

The windows are top notch. Much of the house has been recently renovated. No sweating from the sills at all but will keep attention of it.

SWR002_zps4903aac2.jpg

SWR001_zps6a175c1e.jpg

Here are some closer shots of the figures. They bare out the poor lighting as you can see by all the shadowing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If there is no direct sunlight on the collectibles, then it is better. Not perfect, but still the collectibles are not in direct sunlight since they will fade in time. Now a personal question if ok with you: are those windows double glass or just single glass please?

Reaction score
If there is no direct sunlight on the collectibles, then it is better. Not perfect, but still the collectibles are not in direct sunlight since they will fade in time. Now a personal question if ok with you: are those windows double glass or just single glass please?

When I build my ultimate Star Wars cave (post-Navy), I will not have any windows but until then I have to make due. Appreciate the concern and counsel.

Affirm, double pane storm windows. :)

Reaction score
Awesome figure setup buddy, can't wait to see the rest I can tell it will defiantly turn out well especially with all those PF's you have :grin:.

And Sergiu does that apply for statues, mini busts and PF's also ? Or just the figures ?

Reaction score
And Sergiu does that apply for statues, mini busts and PF's also ? Or just the figures ?

Any collectible staying in direct sunlight will have the paint fading in time. Direct sunlight (or direct hot light bulbs), dust, smoke, pets, too much moisture or dryness are not very good for collectibles. You need to find a balance.

Reaction score
I like all of the carded figures being on display around the room, it's great to have all of those images from the films as part of your display..., looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection. :)

Reaction score
Any collectible staying in direct sunlight will have the paint fading in time. Direct sunlight (or direct hot light bulbs), dust, smoke, pets, too much moisture or dryness are not very good for collectibles. You need to find a balance.
Awesome thanks for the heads up I try to clean my collectables at least once a month which I think is good, and I don't have light shinning on it directly but there is one next to some of my stuff but it isn't on constantly.

Reaction score
I like all of the carded figures being on display around the room, it's great to have all of those images from the films as part of your display..., looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection. :)

Initially, I didn't like The Vintage Collection line expanding into the Prequels. I must now admit it does tie the whole series together well. I still have an affinity to the original trilogy. B)

Reaction score
Can't wait to see everything displayed once your finished!

Reaction score
Started busting them loose from their cages today. Probably won't have time for further updates till next weekend. Happy Columbus Day. Nice to be home and enjoy a federal holiday. :grin:

SWR007_zps6fa79042.jpg