Hasbro Announces New Deal With Disney To Produce Indiana Jones Toys

Jobi-Wan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hasbro_Indy_announcement.jpg

Greetings Rebelscum! I know we're a Star Wars site, but I've always thought of Indiana Jones as being Star Wars adjacent. They're both Lucasfilm, feature Harrison Ford, the originals were produced around the same time, and now their both going to have toys produced by Hasbro. In a press release today, Hasbro announced that not only are they extending their longstanding partnership with Star Wars, but they are going to once again produce toys for the Indiana Jones franchise.

PAWTUCKET, R.I. AND LOS ANGELES – January 26th, 2022 – Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS) today announced an extended relationship with Lucasfilm, renewing its longstanding licensing deal for Star WarsÔ, and announcing a new agreement to develop products based on the Indiana JonesÔ franchise. As a global master toy licensee for both franchises, Hasbro will continue to create toys and games designed to appeal to fans of all ages for the Star Wars franchise and is excited to start on designs for the Indiana Jones franchise. The Indiana Jones line by Hasbro will be available in globally in 2023, aligning with the release of the highly anticipated new Indiana Jones feature film.

The two companies have a decades-long strategic merchandising relationship, as Hasbro has developed and manufactured toys and games for a variety of entertainment properties from Disney. In addition to the agreements with Disney with respect to the Lucasfilm properties, Hasbro announced a multi-year extension for the Marvel business in 2020 and is continuing its strong Marvel relationship with an impressive slate of upcoming content, products, and more. Hasbro’s collaboration with Disney continues to bring consumers opportunities to express their fandom in all new ways through Hasbro’s ever-expanding collections of licensed toys and games.

“We’re proud to deepen our close working relationship and collaborate with the Disney team to bring innovative and engaging play experiences to kids, fans, and families inspired by some of the world’s most iconic entertainment brands,” said Eric Nyman, Chief Consumer Officer, Hasbro. “In addition to a slate of new collectibles, figures, role play gear, and games for Star Wars and Marvel, it’s an honor to bring Indiana Jones back to Hasbro and help introduce the beloved franchise to a new generation of fans.”

“Disney has long valued its relationship with Hasbro in developing fresh, imaginative products and toys that delight our fans of all ages,” said Stephanie Young, President of Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. “We’re thrilled to continue collaborating with this iconic company—one that will help lift our consumer experiences across the Marvel, Star Wars and now Indiana Jones franchises to new heights for years to come.”

The forthcoming Indiana Jones product line marks Hasbro’s return to the franchise; Hasbro last produced Indiana Jones toys in 2008, when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released. Prior to that, Kenner, which is now part of Hasbro, made toys for the original Raiders of the Lost Ark film from 1982-1983.

Hasbro is proud to maintain a strong connection with Disney, the creator of some of the most celebrated and everlasting entertainment franchises and looks forward to continuing its storied relationship with new product lines for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel and many more initiatives in the future.

What do you guys think about the prospect of new Indy toys? I know that I could go for a modern 6 inch scale figure of our favorite professor/archeologist/Nazi puncher. Would you guys like to get news updates on these figures here on Rebelscum.com or would you prefer to keep it strictly Star Wars? Sound off below!

Reaction score
Terrific News. First stop Hasbro, the reissue of the 2011 SDCC set sold in singles. Then keep the 3-3/4 line going and start an all new 6" line. First 6" figure should be Indiana Jones from Raiders.

Last edited:

Jobi-Wan

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally, have been wanting a nice 6" scale Indy for a while, so I really hope that happens. On the 3.75 scale, all I can say is let's hope it's better than the ones they released last time around. The head sculpts on those were rough.

Reaction score
I personally, have been wanting a nice 6" scale Indy for a while, so I really hope that happens. On the 3.75 scale, all I can say is let's hope it's better than the ones they released last time around. The head sculpts on those were rough.

They were but if you got the later figures like Temple of doom and the SDCC Lost wave set they were massively improved.

Reaction score
First series will probably be a 5" kids line, with old Indy, new movie's Phoebe Waller-Bridge character, Marion and Mutt. The 6" line probably follows but instead of Mutt maybe we see Belloq or Toht. The Cairo Swordsman also a strong contender. Wouldn't be shocked if we don't see Raiders Indy until series 2 or 3, maybe even in a DX set of con exclusive first.

Reaction score
First series will probably be a 5" kids line, with old Indy, new movie's Phoebe Waller-Bridge character, Marion and Mutt. The 6" line probably follows but instead of Mutt maybe we see Belloq or Toht. The Cairo Swordsman also a strong contender. Wouldn't be shocked if we don't see Raiders Indy until series 2 or 3, maybe even in a DX set of con exclusive first.

There really doesn't need to be a kid's line. Kids don't really care about any of this anymore. And if they are smart, they will stay away from Crystal skull on any and all levels till long after the line has been a success. We will however probably get figures from the new movie first which again may not be a good idea based on the previous history with crystal skull figures not selling and causing stores to slam the brakes on the next waves and killing the whole line.

Reaction score
I have ZERO interest in 6" Indy figures and I think that would be a waste by Hasbro. Indy has always been a 4" line - the entire series is about the environments and adventures, not about static shelf appeal or fitting with "other" lines. Knowing what Hasbro has already done with TVC, it's so easy to see Hasbro doing an amazing job on photo real figures with MUCH better likenesses than 2008 (I didn't collect them then for that reason), throwback cards like TVC with Kenner on them, amazingly detailed vehicles and of course, playsets. I could see them doing a modern day Well Of Souls, a mine cart mini track with 2 carts and a dead end, environmental pieces like the idol from Raiders, the map room in Cairo, etc. I'm sure nobody wants a "library playset" but there are some very iconic areas from each film.

As for vehicles I'd love to see the motorcycle and sidecar for Indy and his dad, the German motorcyles, the German Tank, the horses Indy rides (white and black, both Raiders and Crusade), Cairo Ark Transport truck, ToD elephant, the yellow inflatable raft (could include Short Round, Willie and Indy), maybe a Venice boat? I guess there are less iconic vehicles than I remembered, but those would very choice ones. Excited nonetheless!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have ZERO interest in 6" Indy figures and I think that would be a waste by Hasbro. Indy has always been a 4" line - the entire series is about the environments and adventures, not about static shelf appeal or fitting with "other" lines. Knowing what Hasbro has already done with TVC, it's so easy to see Hasbro doing an amazing job on photo real figures with MUCH better likenesses than 2008 (I didn't collect them then for that reason), throwback cards like TVC with Kenner on them, amazingly detailed vehicles and of course, playsets. I could see them doing a modern day Well Of Souls, a mine cart mini track with 2 carts and a dead end, environmental pieces like the idol from Raiders, the map room in Cairo, etc. I'm sure nobody wants a "library playset" but there are some very iconic areas from each film.

As for vehicles I'd love to see the motorcycle and sidecar for Indy and his dad, the German motorcyles, the German Tank, the horses Indy rides (white and black, both Raiders and Crusade), Cairo Ark Transport truck, ToD elephant, the yellow inflatable raft (could include Short Round, Willie and Indy), maybe a Venice boat? I guess there are less iconic vehicles than I remembered, but those would very choice ones. Excited nonetheless!
OK..... great but why the heck do *I* get the "Dislike" and down vote?! I am only reporting news!!!

This is the first I've ever seen somebody use this . . . never even seen it used on one of the usual jerks.

Reaction score
OK..... great but why the heck do *I* get the "Dislike" and down vote?! I am only reporting news!!!

This is the first I've ever seen somebody use this . . . never even seen it used on one of the usual jerks.

Meh- Ive down voted folks before purely to express opposing views or disappointment with the given information without having to use my words out of either laziness or not caring to engage in further disagreement on the subject than to offer a simple nay. Just an impersonal form of opposition without inviting a whole exchange of point counter-point. Im not aware of any negative consequence to incurring even a large number of thumbs down so didn't seem impolite or anything to me.

Re: a deep line- coolest playset idea I can come up with for me would be the rope bridge scene from Temple where indy and high priest tussle, make the rope bridge able to be displayed both suspended and then cut and have two tallish rock wall faces at either end so you can try and display high priest and indy from the dangling cut bridge as they wrestle for the glowing potatoe stones. if they get deep enough in to it for excl carded figures with playsets, make it the portly 'hasan chop' guy with the falchion that drops the bridge.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I could see them doing a modern day Well Of Souls, a mine cart mini track with 2 carts and a dead end, environmental pieces like the idol from Raiders, the map room in Cairo, etc. I'm sure nobody wants a "library playset" but there are some very iconic areas from each film.

I get why some collectors prefer the smaller sized figures. But playsets for them? Even as a Kid I was pretty much all the time disappointed by the offerings. You either get a very shrunken down version of the original (usually with some unfitting action-feature and/or soundeffects (as if kids would not make their own soundeffects), or you just get a wall and some cardboard.

Reaction score
I feel you on a lot of them but there were exceptions I experienced,

Playmates TMNT Sewer base, GI JOE Cobra Technodrome, StarCom Starbase

But I'll settle for a couple small waves of vintage style definitive modern figures for this property to get things rolling.

1st Wave, all Raiders characters

Indiana Jones, 1st encounter Bar Brawl Marion, white suit Belloq, creepy Toht

2nd Wave all Temple chars

Indiana Jones, the temple priest guy, Short Round and dinner scene white dress Willie with a monkey head brain soup bowl accessory

GNT

Reaction score
I'd pick up some of the 6" figures but not interested in anything smaller. I did collect the 3 inch figures last time but that line just fizzled out.

Reaction score
I get why some collectors prefer the smaller sized figures. But playsets for them? Even as a Kid I was pretty much all the time disappointed by the offerings. You either get a very shrunken down version of the original (usually with some unfitting action-feature and/or soundeffects (as if kids would not make their own soundeffects), or you just get a wall and some cardboard.

Have you ever seen the original Kenner playsets from both Star Wars and Indy? Not all were like that and NONE of the Indy ones were - they were all plastic and very detailed. The Well of Souls and Map Room alone are really excellent playsets - they went for realism and eschewed the more kiddie features. They are pretty expensive these days because of it.

This is the first I've ever seen somebody use this . . . never even seen it used on one of the usual jerks.\

Don't take it personally at all - I'm just not a fan of 6". I was disliking the news, not your post.

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the original Kenner playsets from both Star Wars and Indy? Not all were like that and NONE of the Indy ones were - they were all plastic and very detailed. The Well of Souls and Map Room alone are really excellent playsets - they went for realism and eschewed the more kiddie features. They are pretty expensive these days because of it.

Don't take it personally at all - I'm just not a fan of 6". I was disliking the news, not your post.
It is small potatoes, honestly —seriously — but it is personal. It affects the reaction score in the user's information (seen to left under user name). Perhaps it is unimportant to you.

I rarely stray out of the Vintage Star Wars section other than few other properties, Indiana Jones being one of them. I never see posts get down voted.

I like both scales.

Reaction score
It is small potatoes, honestly —seriously — but it is personal. It affects the reaction score in the user's information (seen to left under user name). Perhaps it is unimportant to you.

I rarely stray out of the Vintage Star Wars section other than few other properties, Indiana Jones being one of them. I never see posts get down voted.

I like both scales.

If you want to see rampant, petulant use of the dislike button, head on over to GBFans form - those kids LOVE their dislike button. Don't worry about those little stats to the left, you're in good standing. The only thing anyone really looks at is the message count because it typically says a lot about how long someone has been on these forums other than the year they joined, and how often they post.

I can see why people would want the 6" Indy to get a little bit more detail, but I feel like Hasbro should be absolutely pouring their resources into 3.75" Indy. There was a lot of love for the 2008 line, but man were those faces hideous! The vehicles were very well done, but I feel like if this gets the level of TVC treatment, look out - people will go nuts for this stuff.

Reaction score
I just don't think "playsets" are in the cards, not unless the line does very well. That said JP and Star Wars seems the most environment friendly lines due to their built in nature, Indy on the other hand not so much. Figures and vehicles are about all I'd expect, maybe a horse or a few other animals.
If indeed they do make a 4" line.

6" seems given due to all the other lines Hasbro manages are 6" and the ever growing fact more collectors today prefer 6". And in that case I could see only the mains doing well as display pieces, but all those tertiary characters just don't strike me as display material. I mean everybody will want Harrison Ford as Indy or even a few other recognizable but why would anyone want Belloqu or "Random German Soldier" standing on their desk? This is why statues of Indy make more sense than 6" figures to me. Where as 4 "is where the "fun" is IMO, as you can "world build" scenery type displays. Star Wars at least offers the potential of cool looking Jedi or Sith as well as your main characters that make for some real dynamic displays.
It's also why I wonder why people were so into 6" JP figures, what kind of actual "world building" could you actually do at that scale, especially considering the sizes of the Dinos? Makes me think some people live in mansions to hose all this stuff scattered across multiple IP's. lol
Another possibility is that they too customize thus want other IP's to be in 6"scale for fodder just as much as I want them all to be in the 3.75''scale.

Reaction score
I’d probably buy some 6” figures if done well (more like Black Series and less like the GI Joe sculpts) but my primary interest would be in a 3.75” line. I wonder if they would attempt to update the figures that we received during the Crystal Skull release. I already have most of them so I have no need for reissued figures. I suppose they might redo these figures but that would be surprising seeing as how we rarely get updates of older Star Wars characters and Star Wars has current media to promote it.

Reaction score
Now that Hasbro Pulse has a brand new tier for selling bigger playsets, I'm sure they'll want to exploit it. Count me in as saying that I guarantee Indy will get at least ONE playset, even if it's a $50 one. I'm hoping for a Well Of Souls playset with a vac-metal Ark just like the vintage one, there is so much potential for even the smaller playsets.

Reaction score
Now that Hasbro Pulse has a brand new tier for selling bigger playsets, I'm sure they'll want to exploit it. Count me in as saying that I guarantee Indy will get at least ONE playset, even if it's a $50 one. I'm hoping for a Well Of Souls playset with a vac-metal Ark just like the vintage one, there is so much potential for even the smaller playsets.
I had that one as a kid and regretted selling it off. That would be a cool set to see remade.

Reaction score

The flying wing would be wonderful.

Reaction score
I’d probably buy some 6” figures if done well (more like Black Series and less like the GI Joe sculpts) but my primary interest would be in a 3.75” line. I wonder if they would attempt to update the figures that we received during the Crystal Skull release. I already have most of them so I have no need for reissued figures. I suppose they might redo these figures but that would be surprising seeing as how we rarely get updates of older Star Wars characters and Star Wars has current media to promote it.
Tanksmasher- I saw at the bottom of your post your wishlist for figures. Is this for 3.75 size? Is there a thread where users voice what they want for that size, and do you think someone at Hasbro checks the thread?

Reaction score
Along with the tank I would be interested in the flying wing and the black car the villains are in during the truck hijack scene. And a better german car from same said scene.

Reaction score
I'd like the top german officer from the original movie made. And the pilot of the flying wing. Vogel in black uniform. And Marcus would be one which was never produced before. Of course his character was action oriented.

Reaction score
Tanksmasher- I saw at the bottom of your post your wishlist for figures. Is this for 3.75 size? Is there a thread where users voice what they want for that size, and do you think someone at Hasbro checks the thread?
Yes that’s for 3.75 scale figures. I suppose Hasbro probably has people who are connected to the community and forums. They need to keep a finger on the pulse of its customers if they want to have some idea of what collectors are interested in. You can post ideas in any number of threads.

Reaction score
Is there a thread where users voice what they want for that size, and do you think someone at Hasbro checks the thread?
We don’t know what the new line will be like yet. Everyone wants/hopes for what they like best. But Hasbro has already decided what they think will be profitable.

Honestly I won’t get to excited until I see what they are actually producing.

Reaction score
Didn't even think of that one - it's such a classic set piece for that movie, so much so that it still exists in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Disney World (I think it's still going on?).
I understand that the stunt show still goes on. I spoke w/ my brother who recently went to Disneyworld in the past month. He is a big fan of that franchise and SW, like me. But he did not see the show. Limited time, a lot to do. He said they have the stunt show. So I assume they have the plane in it if that is what the stunt show had previously.
Interesting trivia- the flying wing is a fictional plane designed just for the movie. Though I believe there are one or more types of planes that are basically flying wings that truly have been used in the real world.

Reaction score
Yes that’s for 3.75 scale figures. I suppose Hasbro probably has people who are connected to the community and forums. They need to keep a finger on the pulse of its customers if they want to have some idea of what collectors are interested in. You can post ideas in any number of threads.
Thank you for the reply! I like your thinking- a bunch of Jabba's goons. I would like them to complete the skiff guard from both skiffs. I would go for the human who shoots Luke's hand. Also, Captain or Admiral Piett seems like one they would pay attention too. He is in two movies, has speaking parts, and is even addressed by name on film. A major military leader in the Empire. Great that he was made a figure with the reboot of SW figure making. They could so much better now.

Reaction score
View attachment 411431

Greetings Rebelscum! I know we're a Star Wars site, but I've always thought of Indiana Jones as being Star Wars adjacent. They're both Lucasfilm, feature Harrison Ford, the originals were produced around the same time, and now their both going to have toys produced by Hasbro. In a press release today, Hasbro announced that not only are they extending their longstanding partnership with Star Wars, but they are going to once again produce toys for the Indiana Jones franchise.

What do you guys think about the prospect of new Indy toys? I know that I could go for a modern 6 inch scale figure of our favorite professor/archeologist/Nazi puncher. Would you guys like to get news updates on these figures here on Rebelscum.com or would you prefer to keep it strictly Star Wars? Sound off below!
Yes please!!! I’d love Indy hasbro news/rumors

Reaction score
I have heard that 6” is definite and there will likely be retro style figures but so far radio silence on a 3.75 line a la KotCS

Reaction score
I dont know that the Indy line from when Crystal Skull came out was a huge seller. So I would imagine any line of figures now, would be more limited in scope. But I would love for Hasbro to prove me wrong.

Reaction score
i got all the indy stuff i got when they clearanced it real cheap. i wasn't interested enough to pay full price.