FOTW #93 Power Droid

Dax

Reaction score
Obligatory New Zealand 21 back figure :)

PD has been opened and the bubble is crushed but everything is still there. It's all held together using a Top Loader which also gives an indication of the smaller sized card on these. Plus of course the bubble has no stem which was the common feature on all small character NZ 21 backs.

He's a survivor, just like the movie Power Droid himself.
NZ 21 Power Droid 01.jpg
NZ 21 Power Droid 02.jpg
NZ 21 Power Droid 03.jpg

Reaction score
What an awesome figure.

This is the only figure in the Gentle Giant 12” series that I’d like to have.

GONK!

Reaction score
The relatively uncommon 'Short V' variation. Harder to find than a lot of variants. If this little guy was more popular, it would certainly command more attention.

IMG-4387-2.JPG

Reaction score
Did not know a single kid that didn't have this figure in his collection back when this figure was new.

Reaction score
Did not know a single kid that didn't have this figure in his collection back when this figure was new.

Of course! He was a peg warmer. I had three (I had all of the peg warmers, never a single Luke). Kept one on card on the shelves in my bedroom for years.

Reaction score
Of course! He was a peg warmer. I had three (I had all of the peg warmers, never a single Luke). Kept one on card on the shelves in my bedroom for years.

I think you Mis-read what I Posted. Everyone I knew HAD the figure. It never peg warmed in my area.

Reaction score
Sorry, what's the variation? I don't see any difference...

There are also very minor variations on the paint as well. The orange "triangles" are a bit bigger or smaller. And the white band is also a lot of times a different color.

Not really sure why the ever-so-subtle change with this. Seems like such a minor thing to put effort into it. Also, these seem to maybe be an earlier release? They are difficult to find in nice shape if you find one.

Dax

Reaction score
Most variations are simply the divergence occurring due to manufacturing a cheap toy in multiple locations over several years. Molds get worn out and repaired or replaced. Manufacturing products change over time due to technical advancement, changing safety requirements, pursuit of cost savings and so on. Some are more deliberate such as revising Han from white legs to black which saved Kenner money on black paint but those sort of changes are pretty uncommon in the line. Mostly it's just knock on effects of keeping the toy machine running.