EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Reaction score
Guys,
I need some help. I ordered my Vader PCR helmet from eFX website in August. A few days later I received a notification saying that my helmet has been shipped, the FedEx tracking numbers says "Label Created".

Waited for a couple of months, item did not arrive, tracking status still "label created'.

Wrote to eFX customer service in December 2016, they replied by forwarding the shipping confirmation e-mail which was sent earlier. The link status still "Label Created".

Sent several e-mail but I received no reply since then.

What should I do?

Maybe you need to do also get VISA involved. Not shipping after payment is unacceptable.

Reaction score
I made some custom stands for my PCR Vader and PCR Stormtrooper. They're both made from the same super cheap (under $10 iirc) paper towel holders I found on Amazon. For Vader I got a really huge styrofoam ball (~10inches), and shaved it down into roughly the shape of a human head sized to fit the mask (I previously tried an actual styrofoam head, but it was WAY too small for either Vader or the trooper to fit securely). For the stormie I got a slightly smaller ball (~7 or 8 inches) that fit perfectly with no need to cut it down. I covered both with brown felt - nothing special here, just what we had lying around - to hide the foam and keep it from scratching anything b/c it was pretty rough and coarse styrofoam. Cut holes in each ball to fit them down on the posts. Oh, I also had to cut about 2 inches off the top of the post for the stormie so he sat down at a decent height and didn't tower over Vader.

54D007F3-F9E3-4B3C-8928-2C3F2EA36366_zpszni9jnaa.jpg
824E0079-B2D7-4596-A152-0F4FADC24E0C_zpscrieeji2.jpg
57094CBE-BA72-4B1F-BC60-BA4E35D6936C_zpsdhnyyzuc.jpg
4120C70C-CD57-4090-85BA-034DC3E6308E_zpsmg2qss63.jpg
694370F8-4977-42F4-8299-6420A6EE7365_zpskqwhdomn.jpg
00EB9977-9BCC-4FAF-ACD0-D4E376575329_zps5gxnvxdz.jpg

And the tiny tiny styrofoam head that went back to hobby lobby

D64F355B-0279-42C1-BC0A-213CF69E1870_zpsdksl70rp.jpg

Reaction score
I am looking for a metallic display for my Darth Vader helmets. Love the simplicity and elegance of your work.

Reaction score
Can anybody explain the warpage to the left side lip area?With all the cleanup thats said to have been done to this helmet,you would have thought this area would have been fixed,if it was indeed screen accurate.It seems to only be noticeable from the downward angle
34835413096_5e1e3226ee_b.jpg
[/URL]26358595lh by danzig14, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not currently at home so I can't look at my helmet right now. But going through the pics I have on my iPad, as far as I can tell that's normal. In so far as why they didn't "fix*" it? While the helmet is "cleaned up", they didn't go dramatically altering the actual shape of it. This includes the wonky, asymmetrical, lumpy-ness of the thing. What they did "clean up" was all the much smaller, rougher surface dings and scratches. The one area that was significantly filled, sanded, straightened, and sharpened up as far as I can tell was the "teeth". Everything else retained its general hand sculpted shape.

*I'd argue straightening that out, which would effectively require resculpting that whole area, is not actually fixing it, but damaging the screen accuracy.

Reaction score
Can anybody explain the warpage to the left side lip area?With all the cleanup thats said to have been done to this helmet,you would have thought this area would have been fixed,if it was indeed screen accurate.It seems to only be noticeable from the downward angle

Most of the cleanup criticism is in regard to the missing screen-accurate dings, dents, scratches, and worms. The shape overall for this PCR helmet is quite accurate, and they are indeed made with precision in terms of consistent repeatability, so all of them have this curvature at the left side of the lip.

I compared this same feature against the photos of the original plaster cast and original facemask that are shown in the book Star Wars Objets Du Mythe, and I see it there too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The efx website says the PCR Vader helmet will be in stock in Q2 2018. Can anyone confirm?

Reaction score
The efx website says the PCR Vader helmet will be in stock in Q2 2018. Can anyone confirm?
With this company, nothing is ever confirmed, really. Look at the past few pages of this very thread: I’ve heard more than a few complaints from people that EFX struggles to ship items that are supposedly in stock per their website.

If you’re looking at getting this helmet I would find a third-party vendor. Dealing with EFX directly isn’t worth the effort.

Reaction score
Yes, go for a third party vendor like EE, BBTS, etc until eFX get their act together and consistently. If you see a few posts above, SX_3PO hasn't gotten his Exclusive PCR helmet. After paying they emailed him a tracking number which states that the tracking number was created. And it didn't move at all since then. It's been numerous emails and more than a year and no helmet. He is out 300 over bucks. Getting from third party vendors. More secure