EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Reaction score
EFX would like to announce the latest offering in our Star Wars line of replica helmets.
The Darth Vader ANH precision cast replica helmet (special and standard editions).

These new helmets were derived from castings made from the Rick Baker mold which was taken directly off the screen-used ANH helmet.
Those castings were 3-d scanned and from there injection mold tooling was made.
They will be available in two different editions, the SPECIAL EDITON which has the brush painted gunmetal details as per the screen-used helmet, and also the STANDARD EDITION which will have spray painted gunmetal areas for a more idealized look.

They also feature accurate metal mouth/chin grills and machined aluminum tusks.
They are incredibly durable but super lightweight compared to a fiberglass helmet.

On a personal note, this product totally exceeded my expectations for an injected molded item.
Never before on any injection molded product have I ever seen this high of a level of accuracy retained regarding the nuances of the wonky geometry of the original item.
From several feet away, I could hardly tell the difference between these PCR versions and their fiberglass counterparts!

They should be ready to ship April/May 2016.
Availability on these items will be super quick compared to our fiberglass limited items simply because injection molded items are able to move through production lightning fast.

Here are some pics of each edition:

DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMET - SPECIAL EDITION - $329

ANH_VADER_XPCR_1.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_2.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_3.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_4.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_5.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_6.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_7.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_8.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_9.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_10.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_11.jpg

DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMET - STANDARD EDITION - $299

ANH_VADER_PCR_1.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_2.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_3.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_4.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_5.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_6.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_7.jpg

Reaction score
Looks sweet!

If I didn't have a Limited, or wasn't as obsessed with Vader Helmets I would have snapped one of these up.

Will EFX be at Celebration this year Gino?

Kris.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW! I am sold on the Special Edition!! US329 for a super duper accurate hand brushed ANH Vader helmet is pretty decent. SOLD!

Reaction score
Looks great, I'm almost glad I didn't buy an LE or Legend now.

The Special Edition even has the C-scar on the cheek area too.

Definitely try and pick an SE up.

I doubt very much a stand will be included, as COA's, plaques and stands are reserved for the more expensive LE / Legend versions.

Reaction score
Hello Gino,
I know this is off-topic but during the last couple months, I attempted to resurrect some interest here on RebelScum forums for the eFx Obi Wan Reveal lightsaber which was kind of abandoned/cancelled by you guys but I don't also remember any eFx employee saying that it will never ever happen.
Since you have a wonderful full-working prototype and considering the success of the Luke ROTJ Reveal, can you please tell me whether if there is at least a 'CHANCE' for eFx to finish the Obi ANH Reveal lightsaber and do a limited edition run similar to Luke reveal?
I personally believe it would be an instant sell-out and with the increase in prices of licensed props people are willing to pay more than what they paid for the Luke reveal (I tell this based on the results of a thread I created here)

Can you please comment to my question with ANY answer? because if eFx abandoned/cancelled that project for good and it will definitely not happen, then I will search for some fan-made or unofficial props for the Obi reveal. As long as eFx is doing it, I will save money towards your product.

best regards

Sadly we won't be at Celebration EU this year, but we always go to the Celebrations based in the US.

Reaction score
I own the Limited Vader helmet,preordered the Biker Scout helmet,and now prefer the Special Vader helmet.Any chance Gino that the "direct order Biker Scout guys" can choose between both helmets?

Reaction score
"They should be ready to ship April/May 2016."

I have a feeling they might make the estimated ship date this time if they're giving them away for free for those who bought the Biker Scout helmet direct from them but only time will tell. I hope for eFX's sake, they hit the date this time. I can't imagine the outrage we'll see if they miss again.

On a side note, this is a great price for what looks to be a decent helmet. I'll be passing as I'm not a helmet collector.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"They should be ready to ship April/May 2016."

I have a feeling they might make the estimated ship date this time if they're giving them away for free for those who bought the Biker Scout helmet direct from them but only time will tell. I hope for eFX's sake, they hit the date this time. I can't imagine the outrage we'll see if they miss again.

On a side note, this is a great price for what looks to be a decent helmet. I'll be passing as I'm not a helmet collector.

They SHOULD be ready to ship April/May 2016 but WILL be delayed a year or two or maybe 3. ;)

Reaction score
Looks great, I'm almost glad I didn't buy an LE or Legend now.

The Special Edition even has the C-scar on the cheek area too.

Definitely try and pick an SE up.

I doubt very much a stand will be included, as COA's, plaques and stands are reserved for the more expensive LE / Legend versions.

No other cast will ever beat the Legend edition.....

Reaction score
I always wanted the Legend fibreglass helmet when it came out. Sadly, the Vader Legend shipping charges was astronomical and "legendary' expensive. Ended up picking up the LE from a local retailer (which was an awesome piece nonetheless). I am a pretty glad we will now have a chance to score another version of the Legend (ok, a cheaper plastic version,.... I ain't complaining). Would love a hand brushed bucket with the cheek scar. SO SOLD!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always wanted the Legend fibreglass helmet when it came out. Sadly, the Vader Legend shipping charges was astronomical and "legendary' expensive. Ended up picking up the LE from a local retailer (which was an awesome piece nonetheless). I am a pretty glad we will now have a chance to score another version of the Legend (ok, a cheaper plastic version,.... I ain't complaining). Would love a hand brushed bucket with the cheek scar. SO SOLD!!

Gino said on RPF - quote: "I believe only the special edition is exclusive to EFX direct." So if you thought the international customers will be able to order this from local distributors without the hassle of crazy international shipping, think again. Hopefully it will not be the case, but I also believe EFX will make it an exclusive as Gino said.

Reaction score
This from the OP:

These new helmets were derived from castings made from the Rick Baker mold which was taken directly off the screen-used ANH helmet.
Those castings were 3-d scanned and from there injection mold tooling was made.

and this from Efx website:

The Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan

Could you clear that up, 3D scan or not? Will there be seams and stuff like the pcr Trooper?

Reaction score
This from the OP:

and this from Efx website:

The Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan

Could you clear that up, 3D scan or not? Will there be seams and stuff like the pcr Trooper?

good question.

Reaction score
This will be a great Helmet for Trooping, or the casual collector. The Legend/Limited more for the Die Hards, especially now due the the price of them.

I would have snapped one of these up if I wasn't so obsessed with Vader Helmets.

I've decided to keep my Limited, but it's getting fully stripped down and fully repainted to a super screen accurate level.

Kris.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now that the original ANH helmet was finally discovered and the c-scar is there, who is really interested in a painted scar?
Wait, someone actually found the original helmet?! I periodically check in on the rpf and the prop den to see what's new about Vader, but I haven't seen this yet! Got a link?

Reaction score
The c-scar is there, and it's real, not painted. If I were the owner of a Efx Legend would be very upset. Luckily I chose the Limited edition..:grin:

Reaction score
The c-scar is there, and it's real, not painted. If I were the owner of a Efx Legend would be very upset. Luckily I chose the Limited edition..:grin:

I think because the Legend has other failings, this won't matter too much :whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm confused.

the eFX website says: " - Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan!" (a bold statement).

but Gino says: " These new helmets were derived from castings made from the Rick Baker mold ... Those castings were 3-d scanned, and from there injection mold tooling was made."

(so Gino is saying: they ARE made from a "3D scan", afterall (!?) -- but NOT a 3D scan of the original helmet (heaven forbid) -- we're talking about a 3D scan, of a 2016 helmet, made from the 1977 Rick Baker mold)

--> so basically, they used the Rick Baker mold to make "a helmet" -- then, they 3D scanned this helmet -- and used the resulting 3D scan, to make the injection mold? (is this correct?)

((either way: Gino is confirming these helmets are NOT "cast from the original Rick Baker mold", as boldly claimed by the eFX website -- somebody needs to change the eFX website ASAP, or risk getting sued for misrepresentation, in a classic "bait and switch" scam -- these are NOT what the eFX website claims them to be -- the website is clearly wrong)).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm confused.

the eFX website says: " - Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan!"

but Gino says: " These new helmets were derived from castings made from the Rick Baker mold ... Those castings were 3-d scanned, and from there injection mold tooling was made."

--> so basically, they used the Rick Baker mold to make "a helmet" -- then, they 3D scanned this helmet, and used the resulting 3D scan, to make the injection mold? (is this correct?)

((either way: Gino is confirming these helmets are NOT "cast from the original Rick Baker mold", as claimed by the eFX website -- somebody needs to change the eFX website ASAP, or risk getting sued for misrepresentation, in a classic "bait and switch" scam -- these are NOT what the eFX website, claims them to be)).

I think this has been laid out on here before... The casting Rick Baker made was at LFL archives.. Efx made a pull out of it and then used that pull to make a mother casting for the rest of the eFX Vader helmets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm confused.

the eFX website says: " - Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan!" (a bold statement).

(so Gino is saying: they ARE made from a "3D scan", afterall (!?) -- but NOT a 3D scan of the original helmet (heaven forbid) -- we're talking about a 3D scan, of a 2016 helmet, made from the 1977 Rick Baker mold)

--> so basically, they used the Rick Baker mold to make "a helmet" -- then, they 3D scanned this helmet -- and used the resulting 3D scan, to make the injection mold? (is this correct?)

((either way: Gino is confirming these helmets are NOT "cast from the original Rick Baker mold", as boldly claimed by the eFX website -- somebody needs to change the eFX website ASAP, or risk getting sued for misrepresentation, in a classic "bait and switch" scam -- these are NOT what the eFX website claims them to be -- the website is clearly wrong)).

I asked the same question earlier, website says NOT 3D scans, Gino's original post says they are.

I don't know why I expected an answer. We should know by now, they post when they have something to sell then they disappear :)

Reaction score
I asked the same question earlier, website says NOT 3D scans, Gino's original post says they are.

Gino also says "derived" from the castings. Also note the flat tubes near the tusks. Those are separate pieces due to injection molding limitations and not particularly accurate. But still overall it's a nice looking piece for the price, vague description notwithstanding.