Do you consider a vehicle or play set complete if the stickers are missing?

Reaction score
I just bought a couple of vehicles(darth Vader’s tie fighter and an At-ST) that are missing some stickers. If they are gone is it still considered complete?

Reaction score
Not complete

They make some great repro stickers. But always disclose to the next owner of you sell.

I bought a complete original vintage Slave 1 sticker sheet on eBay, so they’re out there to go that route as well.

Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking it would be considered incomplete. For the price I have a hard time passing on them when I find them in the wild

Reaction score
Promoting repro, be it stickers or anything else, is not ok and is not accepted on this board. I don’t get the point in buying repro when you’re a collector.
You feel better about yourself?

I wasn’t PROMOTING it just stating it was an option.

Man, it’s people like you that drive me from the hobby years ago. And I’m sure I’ve probably been collecting longer than you’ve been born.

But please, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok. That’s it. I’m out.

Made some good contacts. Did some good trades. But this obviously isn’t for me.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Pretty fragile and immature for a codger. I’m 43 btw. Go blow off some steam, and come back fresh tomorrow. No one wants you to rage quit over repros or anything else. Chill fellow collector.

Reaction score
I just bought a couple of vehicles(darth Vader’s tie fighter and an At-ST) that are missing some stickers. If they are gone is it still considered complete?

They are your toys now. If you need stickers/decals and you can get some at a reasonable price and they make you happy to make one of your childhood toys complete, then of course do so. You will never find original stickers or decals. Enjoy your items and don't worry about what anyone says or thinks.

Reaction score
not complete

Then if you get repro stickers for it, it becomes a hybrid of sorts .... part real/original , part repro !

Reaction score
I posted about this a while back and most did not feel that repro stickers were a big deal. As a "collector" I would not want repro parts but I feel that most stickers just don't hold up like the rest of the parts do. In order to make the ship look much better I have no problem slapping some repro stickers on it. I would fully disclose this if I were to sell it.

Reaction score
You feel better about yourself?

I wasn’t PROMOTING it just stating it was an option.

Man, it’s people like you that drive me from the hobby years ago. And I’m sure I’ve probably been collecting longer than you’ve been born.

But please, keep up the good work.
"People like me" were out there and on here years ago and still are nowadays, they're even moderators on this forum :) Like @scarfman said, if you do rage quit a board like RS over repros then vintage collectors forums might not be for you. BTW I was born 49 years ago so congrats!

Reaction score
I've bought beater and broken vehicles just for the decals!
But to each his own, just disclose before selling!

Reaction score
When purchasing Vintage items, decals are the last thing on the list that concerns me. If they are original then that is great, if not no big deal.

Reaction score
Repro stickers and Foam are the only two things that seem more accepted than say figures or weapons/accessories. I wouldn't call it supporting bootlegging... But IF i was buying vehicles I always ask.

Reaction score
I don't see anything in the FAQ or rules prohibiting repro of any kind. Yes, there have been heated arguments and people perma banned about it. 53 years here. Dmn kids...

Reaction score
Ok, I was pointing out that there is a rule about repros, contrary to your assertion that there was not.

Reaction score
Repro stickers and Foam are the only two things that seem more accepted than say figures or weapons/accessories. I wouldn't call it supporting bootlegging... But IF i was buying vehicles I always ask.
on a side note, repros and bootlegs are two completely different things.

Reaction score
Oh this debate again....yes repros and boots are different...Lol I’ve been around here for a while and seems like every 2 years this pops up😂 as prices have increased repro has gained popularity. Not for me but collect what you want. Years ago you would have been beaten with a hose for collecting repro🤣 K

Reaction score
A vehicle/playset that has all plastic parts it originally came with, but is missing stickers or has repro stickers is complete enough for me. But I understand that it isn't for others. The thing about collecting is you set your own standards for your collecting habits.

As for reproduction stickers, I don't personally have a problem with them. While I don't have repro stickers on any of my vintage Star Wars vehicles, I've gotten several repro stickers for my vintage Transformers.

Reaction score
When I was 5-6, I saved up for what seemed like forever to buy Bespin World.

The Bespin Control Room set in my BW didn't have the sticker sheet.

I didn't consider it incomplete. I would've if the BCR bag of figures had been missing.

Reaction score
Go onto Gus's website, and do a search for "Sticker art" , to get an idea of what went into creating stickers to be applied to vehicles , playlets . It helps give the piece character , and brings it to life for the 4-10 year old kid playing with it. It's important .... it really is.

First one that popped up for me on a search :

The fact that stickers dry up, fall off over the years , go missing , get scraped while kids play with them. That adds a whole other dimension to the piece either being complete, or not , and affects the pieces condition. Really.... I'm not making up things like this. I don't think I'm too far off reality with this statement.

Reaction score
I'd also say, if you prefer to display your vehicle /playset without stickers ... so be it, what ever makes you happy.
However, keep in mind on boxes , proof sheets / Cromalins , the photo art on those pictures all show the set with stickers applied.

I'd say it's complete if : 1. all stickers applied , or
2. even as an option have the vehicle /playset raw (without stickers applied) , but have an original sticker sheet
complete that would accompany that playset by its side.

Reaction score
A vehicle/playset that has all plastic parts it originally came with, but is missing stickers or has repro stickers is complete enough for me. But I understand that it isn't for others. The thing about collecting is you set your own standards for your collecting habits.

I consider stickers to be part of "deco" not part of accesories, so if an item has all the parts I consider it complete but if it's missing stickers I consider it damaged. Same as if a figure is missing paint.

I don’t get the point in buying repro when you’re a collector.

I don't collect for nostalgia or value, I collect what looks cool to me. I had never really considered how other collectors felt about it. But I'm with Faker - if it comes with a good set of repro stickers and looks good I'm happy but of course sellers should always be disclosed if any part is not original so that collectors who DO value that sort of thing can know to avoid it.

Reaction score
The fact that stickers dry up, fall off over the years , go missing , get scraped while kids play with them. That adds a whole other dimension to the piece either being complete, or not , and affects the pieces condition. Really.... I'm not making up things like this. I don't think I'm too far off reality with this statement.
I'd say that's more "condition" than "completeness". Missing stickers is like yellowed plastic.