Darth Vader (The Dark Times) - VC#241

Reaction score
I'm hopeful it's all new or close to all new. Whenever a NEW Vader comes out I get giddy. I even adored the 2005 ROTS basic line one when it came out.

Reaction score
if it's all new and has some interesting uniqueness to it I'll bite, will have to wait for a review on it though so I can see what he's working with. Otherwise I'm content with the R1 release.

Reaction score
Well to be fair, cinematically Vader never really struck any pose beyond standing there brooding so it's not like it's necessary to the character as it would be to someone like Kanan or Obi-Wan.

But I get what you mean and it would be nice if all figures could get proper articulation, it really bummed me out how they treated the Comic Pack figures with missing ankles, elbows or knees etc. considering we were likely never ever going to get those characters revisited. At least with this possible upgrade to Vader we shouldn't ever have to see it modernized ever again, only minor tweaks for screen accuracy to the media it's pulled from. Such as the whole cape over/under the armor situation.

Reaction score
I recently pulled out all my Vader figures, and they're all lacking in some way. I'll probably get this with fingers crossed it's the "ultimate" version. If Hasbro does it well, they can reissue this for years to come.

Reaction score
I recently pulled out all my Vader figures, and they're all lacking in some way. I'll probably get this with fingers crossed it's the "ultimate" version. If Hasbro does it well, they can reissue this for years to come.

Hopefully they do that instead of short pack him and never give any indication of releasing him again (like Crait Luke).

Reaction score
Crait Luke and Darth Vader couldn't be further apart in every conceivable way.
I hope they're universes apart in this specific instance!

I've actually never seen the Rogue One Vader anywhere though (he was a "maybe if I see him in store" figure for me).

Reaction score
It’s a bit of a bummer this figure wasn’t shown at Hasbro’s Star Wars Celebration booth.

My mind needs to know if he’s actually new before it can rest. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
It looks like a really sharp sculpt! I like the silhouette from here!

bac

Reaction score
Emily will probably do a Pulse video when it's officially revealed. That will be telling. Hopefully tomorrow.

And yes, the case FTW!

Curious about the extra hands, especially since TBS doesn't have them. Maybe Emily was thinking Vader needs fist hands, and I concur.

Reaction score
Yeah I am getting one. The cardback is awesome but that Kenobi banner doesn't fit in with my TVC carded collection so just one to open.

Reaction score
Should be, but you never know with Hasbro.

Posting the VC# should be mandatory when new figs appear. :mad:
totally agree. what's the vc# secrecy?
when Merrick ended up not #188, ARC Jesse seemed most likely but the magnaguard in the 3pk?..what was a shocker

Reaction score
I really hope he has the new leg articulation. Hopefully we’ll see him properly revealed tomorrow - I haven’t been this on the edge of my seat for a new TVC figure in a looong time. A long time.

We’re due for a definitive Darth Vader.

Reaction score
Could he be.... brand new?!
While anything is possible, I suspect that it's possibly just a retool of the TBS Vader because there's nothing really wrong with that sculpt other than the hip style. Unable to tell in that photo whether any improvements have been made, other than the torso looking like it could be different from the TBS figure. As I've said before my guess would be on a slight retool of that figure over anew one simply due to the budget of TVC, also based on the fact we didn't get an all new Emperor but just a retool.

Reaction score
I really hope he has the new leg articulation. Hopefully we’ll see him properly revealed tomorrow - I haven’t been this on the edge of my seat for a new TVC figure in a looong time. A long time.

We’re due for a definitive Darth Vader.
Seriously. Usually the figures I get super hyped for are characters that haven't been done, but this... it's time we got the End-all-be-all Vader. TBS 3.75" is that contender right now for me, but I hope this one blows it out of the water.

Reaction score
so..if tvc owk vader is revealed tomorrow, could retro owk vader also be revealed?:unsure:

Reaction score
I think at the very least the hands, torso, arms, and helmet are new.

I would’ve thought the arms came from TBS ROTS Vader, but they don’t look as lanky.