Darth Vader - Prototype Edition

Reaction score
I rarely buy a modern figure but soon as i saw these i new i had to have one.
A yellow body, red heads on its way from the states.
Is there any particular ones harder to find than others does anybody know?
cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these they would be willing to sell? (or trade for something) I don't care about the color combo. Let me know, Thanks

Reaction score
Damnit, I thought when this thread was bumped that there was news about availability, lol. I've been looking for one since last year. I was hoping Target would find more at a warehouse and send them to retail or something! haha o_O

Reaction score
Damnit, I thought when this thread was bumped that there was news about availability, lol. I've been looking for one since last year. I was hoping Target would find more at a warehouse and send them to retail or something! haha o_O
Jump on ebay theres a fair few, but you'll be doing well to get one under $40- $50.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got mine graded, sent it mint in its original plastic wrap and it comes back 75+ with a slit up the back Center of the card.
I guessed it would score a 90 but I guarantee that the slot to the card happened when they were grading it. Sad.

Reaction score
I got mine graded, sent it mint in its original plastic wrap and it comes back 75+ with a slit up the back Center of the card.
I guessed it would score a 90 but I guarantee that the slot to the card happened when they were grading it. Sad.
did that happen then when they opened your package?

Reaction score
did that happen then when they opened your package?
It had to, I’ll post a pic later. But I have it perfectly packed and easily removed. It’s still a nice piece but seriously sad that it wasn’t what I expected. But I had no before pics of it. I’ve since started taken before pics.

Reaction score
Ugh, sorry to hear that, that is very frustrating to hear! But thats a good thing to do, looks like someone just wasnt careful when opening the package. What I have done is double box it or some other method to protect the chances of something like that. However, if that individual is careless, no matter what we do, it can get screwed up.

Reaction score
My packaging was perfect, baggy, then bubble wrapped but easily removed and then secured in a box with other figures and packing peanuts.
The figure came in its original plastic wrap, that’s where I think when they removed it the damages would have occurred.
E8D3959C-3C08-46BD-ADFC-E4EBE9621B09.jpeg
9E67FC3A-AD42-416F-8CFF-E41DF2043330.jpeg
1908D0D8-340C-461F-A41D-472BD7FEDDE8.jpeg

Reaction score
At first everyone was disgusted by this but it’s easily one of my favourite carded figures. Great looking in the case too.

Reaction score
Reaction score
At first everyone was disgusted by this but it’s easily one of my favourite carded figures. Great looking in the case too.
Haha true, and not uncommon with some collectors, they say they hate something, and then immediately buy it. This is probably one of the most hoarded modern figures as well, which resulted in some collectors not being able to even order one online or find a single figure at retail.

Reaction score
It is a pretty neat idea, I completely have forgotten about this one lol.. its now on my watch list to at least get one...

Reaction score
Haha true, and not uncommon with some collectors, they say they hate something, and then immediately buy it. This is probably one of the most hoarded modern figures as well, which resulted in some collectors not being able to even order one online or find a single figure at retail.
I always liked this figure. It was something so, so new and different. Truly something we had never gotten in a figure before or since. And that’s truly no easy task — not this late in the game. But yeah... the vitriol that opens this very thread was so baffling. And widespread. Yeah, that confused me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So with the news of the proto fett, I figured Id try to track this one down to have the both. I didn't realize how bonkers the value has gotten on this carded.
Yup! Thats why i jumped early to secure the Fett, he will probably eclipse the crazy Vader prices...

Reaction score
Yup! Thats why i jumped early to secure the Fett, he will probably eclipse the crazy Vader prices...
Well, I have to bring this up but there's a time factor in place here. The Vintage Retro Prototype Darth Vader figure was initially a SDCC exclusive back in 2019 that eventually ending up being sold at Target. That was TWO YEARS ago. It stands to reason that the prices would go up. Look at the prices on the secondary market for the SDCC exclusive Vintage Collection Jocasta Nu figure from 2012. At least you were able to order that figure from BBTS.

I think you will be able to get the Vintage Retro Prototype Boba Fett figure at a decent price....initially. Over time the price of the figure might go up too.

Reaction score
Well, I have to bring this up but there's a time factor in place here. The Vintage Retro Prototype Darth Vader figure was initially a SDCC exclusive back in 2019 that eventually ending up being sold at Target. That was TWO YEARS ago. It stands to reason that the prices would go up. Look at the prices on the secondary market for the SDCC exclusive Vintage Collection Jocasta Nu figure from 2012. At least you were able to order that figure from BBTS.

I think you will be able to get the Vintage Retro Prototype Boba Fett figure at a decent price....initially. Over time the price of the figure might go up too.
Also the bulk of them are not being snapped up at comicon.....

Reaction score
Shame they don't do another run of these, considering how cheap they are to produce - Hasbro could print money. They could simply change the date and / or modify the text to make it slightly different, so those annoying collectors that complain won't whine about the exclusive not being special anymore, lol.

Reaction score
Look at the prices on the secondary market for the SDCC exclusive Vintage Collection Jocasta Nu figure from 2012. At least you were able to order that figure from BBTS.
It was actually a Brian’s Toys exclusive not BBTS. Remember those guys? They use to have a 1 of each figure club/subscription.

Reaction score
lol i had a couple extras i sold for like...$20 maybe? easier just to not worry about that element. i just want one of those fetts, don't even care about flipping or whatever

Reaction score
It was actually a Brian’s Toys exclusive not BBTS. Remember those guys? They use to have a 1 of each figure club/subscription.
Actually, it was sold at BBTS. Brian's Toys may have had it too. But I know solidly that I bought mine from BBTS. The shipping invoice is still on my BBTS account and Jocastu Nu was listed on that order.

Reaction score
Actually, it was sold at BBTS. Brian's Toys may have had it too. But I know solidly that I bought mine from BBTS. The shipping invoice is still on my BBTS account and Jocastu Nu was listed on that order.
She was supposed to be a Hasbro Celebration VI exclusive, but something happened and Brian's Toys took it as an exclusive. I remember stopping at the Brian's Toys booth to pick up one of the proof cards they were giving out. BBTS must have worked a deal a little later to sell some, but it was indeed exclusive to Brian's Toys first.

Reaction score
I don't remember how I purchased Jocastu Nu, but somehow I purchased 2 of her...I think it was to save on shipping.

Reaction score
I don't remember how I purchased Jocastu Nu, but somehow I purchased 2 of her...I think it was to save on shipping.
Yep, same here, ordered 2 from Brian’s toys to combine shipping as I think at that time each set was priced at $24.99 or so if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
She was supposed to be a Hasbro Celebration VI exclusive, but something happened and Brian's Toys took it as an exclusive. I remember stopping at the Brian's Toys booth to pick up one of the proof cards they were giving out. BBTS must have worked a deal a little later to sell some, but it was indeed exclusive to Brian's Toys first.

Thank you for confirming, this is what I was talking about.

Reaction score
Yep, same here, ordered 2 from Brian’s toys to combine shipping as I think at that time each set was priced at $24.99 or so if I remember correctly.
yes, i did the same. and i recall back then, you could choose check/M.O. as payment option. LoL