Dallas Vintage Toys

Reaction score
So I had placed an order with Dallas Vintage Toys recently. I've placed a few orders with them in the last year, all I believe were in the triple digits ($xyz) as far as what I spent. Reason being, their website seems to default to priority mail pound rate for shipping, so if I put a single 3.75" blaster in my cart and request a shipping quote it comes up with over $14. So I wait until I have enough I want to order to make it worth (sorta) the shipping cost.
But the shipping cost is another story for another thread.

For those unfamiliar, Dallas Vintage Toys stocks and sells incomplete Star Wars figures (amongst other things), for overall reasonable prices. Not amazing prices, but reasonable if you're after one of this guy and three of that guy, that sort of thing. They put an image with an assortment of the incomplete figure, usually with general wear, just kind of showcasing what you can expect. Some are better than others, but top to bottom you can expect it to be somewhere in there quality wise.

Well last week they were having a swell 15% off site wide sale. So I loaded up on some loose figures and beasts for dioramas and the like, and some GI Joe parts I needed.

So here's a grab of the assortment image for loose incomplete vintage Yodas.
yodas.jpg

The Kenner Yoda is by far and away my favorite vintage figure. So I usually toss one in with my order.
And here is the Yoda I received...
IMG_6182.JPG

Paint wear? Expected. Faded? Sure, expected. What I did not expect is both his ears are chopped. Snipped with scissors? Bit off by some kid long ago? Who knows. But you might notice in the assortment picture, everyone has ears. His ears being clipped like that are akin to Squidhead missing a face tentacle, or Han Solo missing a nose. There's parts physically missing from the figure itself. That figure is basically a throw away, it's useless.

What irks me most about it, and why I'm making the thread, isn't that it got sorted into (I'm assuming they use a bin or a tote) the Yoda bin like that. Or so much that someone pulled him out of the bin and said "yeah, thats good" and shipped it. Its the no response I got from them. I emailed, day of, with pictures front and back of the figure. Politely asking if I could exchange (meaning not get something for free, but to send this one back and get a full eared figure instead) him for a different figure because again, he has parts physically cut off of him. That was on Tuesday. No response. Not even a "yeah sorry, no, that's just kind of the way it goes sometimes."

It's not really the cost, or the hassle, it's the lack of professionalism. I've worked in sales for a long time and I will guarantee to an absolute certainty that the customer is not always right in virtually all circumstances. That said, a customer has a problem, you respond to it and deal with it. Whenever I place an order, very quick turn around, received, processed and shipped in a nice quick amount of time. I e-mailed a question about shipping and to tell them I like their selection etc, quick response. I have a problem with a 2" $10 figure... nothing. No response.

So, short version... don't take their preview images at face value, if its not a picture of the actual figure you're buying, I'd move along. And I guess I will. That's an expensive $10 for them because boy howdy do I like buying nonsense. From somewhere else now, I guess.

Sorry to hear that Pete. I hope they respond to you next week.

I can't count the times I've been rational and courteous only to have the seller act rudely. To be clear, I'm referring to past transactions not including Dallas Toys. I've almost been tempted to buy from them, but shipping always broke the deal for me.

So I had placed an order with Dallas Vintage Toys recently. I've placed a few orders with them in the last year, all I believe were in the triple digits ($xyz) as far as what I spent. Reason being, their website seems to default to priority mail pound rate for shipping, so if I put a single 3.75" blaster in my cart and request a shipping quote it comes up with over $14. So I wait until I have enough I want to order to make it worth (sorta) the shipping cost.
But the shipping cost is another story for another thread.

For those unfamiliar, Dallas Vintage Toys stocks and sells incomplete Star Wars figures (amongst other things), for overall reasonable prices. Not amazing prices, but reasonable if you're after one of this guy and three of that guy, that sort of thing. They put an image with an assortment of the incomplete figure, usually with general wear, just kind of showcasing what you can expect. Some are better than others, but top to bottom you can expect it to be somewhere in there quality wise.

Well last week they were having a swell 15% off site wide sale. So I loaded up on some loose figures and beasts for dioramas and the like, and some GI Joe parts I needed.

So here's a grab of the assortment image for loose incomplete vintage Yodas.
View attachment 475343

The Kenner Yoda is by far and away my favorite vintage figure. So I usually toss one in with my order.
And here is the Yoda I received...
View attachment 475344

Paint wear? Expected. Faded? Sure, expected. What I did not expect is both his ears are chopped. Snipped with scissors? Bit off by some kid long ago? Who knows. But you might notice in the assortment picture, everyone has ears. His ears being clipped like that are akin to Squidhead missing a face tentacle, or Han Solo missing a nose. There's parts physically missing from the figure itself. That figure is basically a throw away, it's useless.

What irks me most about it, and why I'm making the thread, isn't that it got sorted into (I'm assuming they use a bin or a tote) the Yoda bin like that. Or so much that someone pulled him out of the bin and said "yeah, thats good" and shipped it. Its the no response I got from them. I emailed, day of, with pictures front and back of the figure. Politely asking if I could exchange (meaning not get something for free, but to send this one back and get a full eared figure instead) him for a different figure because again, he has parts physically cut off of him. That was on Tuesday. No response. Not even a "yeah sorry, no, that's just kind of the way it goes sometimes."

It's not really the cost, or the hassle, it's the lack of professionalism. I've worked in sales for a long time and I will guarantee to an absolute certainty that the customer is not always right in virtually all circumstances. That said, a customer has a problem, you respond to it and deal with it. Whenever I place an order, very quick turn around, received, processed and shipped in a nice quick amount of time. I e-mailed a question about shipping and to tell them I like their selection etc, quick response. I have a problem with a 2" $10 figure... nothing. No response.

So, short version... don't take their preview images at face value, if its not a picture of the actual figure you're buying, I'd move along. And I guess I will. That's an expensive $10 for them because boy howdy do I like buying nonsense. From somewhere else now, I guess.
Holy Toledo wow 38 Yoda's in the top picture! That's a nice small army of the little green jedi master. Guess you can army build any character.
You are right the Kenner vintage Yoda is still the best version of this figure ever! I would even throw in the Kenner vintage Jawa as the best version of that character! You should post this in the forum thread titled What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Sorry to read this, Pete. I wish I had known, I would have warned you about them. As you can see above, the guy has had quite a history over the years.

Back