Change from Kenner to Gentle Giant Ltd. On Card??? Wtf?

Reaction score
I'm starting this thread to discuss this change from the Kenner logo to the Gentle Giant Ltd. Logo in Kenner style font on the cards. All the jumbo figures deliver the nostalgia factor right down to the packaging. This year they have changed the card to say "Gentle Giant Ltd." In the Kenner font on the front. All the previous figures say,"Kenner" just like they should. This change sucks. Are they copying Reaction figures logo (which is done in the Kenner style font)?
Aren't they technically owned by 3D Systems now anyway?
The new jumbo Luke Jedi figure is arriving now which sports the new Gentle Giant Ltd. logo in place of the Kenner stamp, along with the Han in Carbonite figure with the same logo. While on the back of the card it advertises the Han in Carbonite figure with the Kenner logo on it. WTF? Does this annoy anyone else off?
The major selling point for the Jumbo Figure is Nostalgia! Taking the Kenner logo off after years of producing these is bull ****! They don't match the rest of the line! Why???

Reaction score
They had to make the change. Hasbro is using the Kenner logo on merchandise. From what I read they weren't suppose to be using it to begin with but not sure about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They had to make the change. Hasbro is using the Kenner logo on merchandise. From what I read they weren't suppose to be using it to begin with but not sure about that.

Ohhh. That explains it. Damn that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Hasbro have owned Kenner since 1991 (when they acquired Tonka).

GG would have needed a licence to use the Kenner logo. It seems unlikely that it would have taken this long for Hasbro to do something if GG didn't have permission because they've been actively using the Kenner logo themselves for vintage-style cardbacks since VOTC in 2004.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well , maybe the ones that say Kenner will end up being worth more ? Or maybe it'll be the other way around, if the jumbo line gets canceled.

Reaction score
Yeah, I too wish GG kept the Kenner logo. To be honest they couldn't use the Mattel logo for the Secret Wars figures either. Mattel did those back in the 80's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree, it stinks big time that the Kenner logo is gone. It does detract from the figure and packaging some what.

Reaction score
I'd prefer no logo at all if GG can no longer use the Kenner Logo. Palitoy's vintage line often featured releases in which no logo appeared on the card front.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Am I the only one that the short bubble is driving crazy?

No you're not. It is for this reason that I now won't be adding the Luke Jedi to my collection.

Reaction score
No you're not. It is for this reason that I now won't be adding the Luke Jedi to my collection.

Too late for me I already have it in-hand, but it really is a great figure, and an important one for anyone who collects the Jumbos. But it is such a bummer that they have poor quality control like that... The card was obviously intended for the standard bubble... Who decided, hey, we got all those spare short Logray clamshells, why not use them on standard figures, nobody will notice! But when you look at the inconsistencies within the line, something like that was bound to happen.

Where is BithBandLeader when we need an anwser on something like that?

Reaction score
Did anyone else get a customer satisfaction survey from 3d/GG in the last few weeks? I did - and filled it out. Basically said I was a fan of the jumbos, I bought most of them, but their quality and price for poor quality decisions lowered my expectations. I'll still buy most of them, but with low expectations, I can only be pleasantly surprised if they deliver anything at all. Sad, considering how the line started off.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get a customer satisfaction survey from 3d/GG in the last few weeks? I did - and filled it out. Basically said I was a fan of the jumbos, I bought most of them, but their quality and price for poor quality decisions lowered my expectations. I'll still buy most of them, but with low expectations, I can only be pleasantly surprised if they deliver anything at all. Sad, considering how the line started off.

Excellent observation. Hope they listen to your comments, they reflect what I feel also.

Reaction score
Excellent observation. Hope they listen to your comments, they reflect what I feel also.

They won't. They've disputed or ignored every criticism we've given them since this line started (re: the extra details on the Bossk headsculpt).