Can we start a serious discussion of the Tonnika Sisters yet?

Reaction score
If the Black Series gets Jaxxon and the Tonnika Sisters before the 3.75" scale I may lose my mind.
Since they actually did go and product Jaxxon for 6" before we got it in 3.75", I'm assuming Tonnikas are the Black Series reveal for May the 4th just to spite me.

Reaction score
As someone who is primarily a 3.75" collector first & foremost, I am disappointed when characters are only made in the 6" line & that's it. We've seen this numerous times since the 6" line began, and it's too bad. Though, admittedly 6" figures are more accessible/easier to find these days than the 3.75" line.

That being said, I would definitely buy the Tonnika's if they came out only in the 6" line, but I hope they come out in the 3.75" line first. A 6" two-pack of these would probably be roughly $40 - if not more, depending on whether or not it was an exclusive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As someone who is primarily a 3.75" collector first & foremost, I am disappointed when characters are only made in the 6" line & that's it. We've seen this numerous times since the 6" line began, and it's too bad. Though, admittedly 6" figures are more accessible/easier to find these days than the 3.75" line.

That being said, I would definitely buy the Tonnika's if they came out only in the 6" line, but I hope they come out in the 3.75" line first. A 6" two-pack of these would probably be roughly $40 - if not more, depending on whether or not it was an exclusive.
I purchased the Jaxxon 6" figure... which makes him my 2nd 6" figure with Chewbacca being the first. I'll probably buy a Han Solo now to put with those 2 but I'm not happy about it. The idea of the Tonnika sisters coming out at all is pretty ridiculous at this point, but I thought that about Jaxxon too... Black Series is the bane of my existence waving figures I've always wanted in my face.

Reaction score
As I predicted, Jaxxon is made with an existing body, X-Wing Luke, so if they can do the same in 3.75 scale for him or the Tonnikas, that might be the only possible route to see their release. I'm certainly never buying these characters in 6 inch scale though. With only 69 people on the Tonnika petition, I don't think a release is even viable without more exposure and support. Likewise, Hasbro wont invest in tooling without a fan backing in most cases where the character(s) are ultra obscure. That being said - what body can be repurposed into a Tonnika? The only one that comes to mind is D'Qar Leia, which they could use most of the body for, perhaps just retooling the torso to include the collar. They would then be left with doing headsculpts and a belt. Perhaps the rest of the details could be done with deco, instead of sculpted additions, like the boots - hard to say if it would work...

Leia - D'Qar | Page 6 | Rebelscum.com Forums

Reaction score
I was a bit confused by the lack of interest in the petition also, but I have to think that is due to so many other factors. Hasbro straight up said they couldn't do them and Hasbro can't be bothered to do anything new in 3.75 recently, so imagining them even thinking about generic female cantina patrons is not even worth the 2 seconds to click on a petition. I think a figure of them would sell and would be a great base for customizers or for Hasbro to do other female characters.

Reaction score
I feel a 3.75" and/or a 6" two-pack of The Tonnikas would do well. These have been fan-favorites for years, and IMHO are very highly desired by fans. And, I think they would sell well amongst non-hardcore SW fans/collectors due to their being interesting female figures. And, female action figures are few & far between in most toy-lines.

Reaction score
I feel a 3.75" and/or a 6" two-pack of The Tonnikas would do well. These have been fan-favorites for years, and IMHO are very highly desired by fans. And, I think they would sell well amongst non-hardcore SW fans/collectors due to their being interesting female figures. And, female action figures are few & far between in most toy-lines.
I always thought they would be an ideal SDCC exclusive or Star Wars Celebration exclusive.

Unfortunately everything 3.75" is now some sort of exclusive so the thought that we'll ever get something like this is getting more remote.

Reaction score
Another petition has started!

I'm on board again. I hope this one gets some traction. Posting in every location I can. I think a big fan push could get any figure done, but we'll see...

WE CAN STILL PUT HASBRO ON NOTICE! I just feel we need to agree to push in one direction and then all push in the next direction.

**I looked up pics for 'all going in one direction' and got literal 'one direction' so I opted to burn my computer.

Reaction score
What a difference some promotion makes - the other petition went nowhere, and this one is already closing in on 500. I spotted it over on Yakface, and watched the numbers climb today, looks like this pair has a chance now.

Reaction score
Petition is at 905... s0oo00O0Oo0o000oOOO the petition at least has a little steam now.

Reaction score
I just signed the new petition. Hopefully we'll get a Tonnika Sisters two-pack sometime in the next 10 years - LOL.

Reaction score
Wow - those are incredible sculpts! Great articulation as well. I hope that if The Tonnikas are ever made they look somewhat like these figures - but somehow I don't think they'll look this good.

Reaction score
Hasbro is capable of some really great sculpts, but I have coveted these for a long time now. Best I've seen by far. Dude should mold these and sell them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link re: the Victoria's Cantina Youtube video. This provides a great explanation regarding the situation re: why the Tonnika Sisters figures haven't been made yet - and clears up some misconceptions that I (and I'm sure others) had regarding this whole situation.

Also, interesting that these actresses weren't cast as extras. And, great voice interview(s) with the actress who portrayed one of the characters. It was interesting & amusing how she described meeting Lucas for the first time - back when ANH was being planned.

Also, after hearing/seeing this I realized that I've been mispronouncing "Tonnikas" for 40+ years ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, after hearing/seeing this I realized that I've been mispronouncing "Tonnikas" for 40+ years ;)
How were you pronouncing it? I found that I was mispronouncing Twi'lek for quite awhile... I believe it's Tweee' lek but I was always saying Tweye' lek.

Reaction score
IF there had been no mention of payment, we would have had these by now.
Probably why we do not have an updated BoShek as well. It would seem any background character with a unique likeness may be in jeapordy. UNLESS they have likeness rights.

Reaction score
How were you pronouncing it? I found that I was mispronouncing Twi'lek for quite awhile... I believe it's Tweee' lek but I was always saying Tweye' lek.
I can't easily describe how I was pronouncing it. In the Youtube video, Victoria was pronouncing it with an emphasis on the "O" in the name. Conversely, I was pronouncing it with an emphasis on the two "N's" in the name. Actually, who knows what the correct pronunciation is?! I guess only Lucas himself knows - LOL.

Reaction score
It certainly would be nice for Hasbro to finally make them but I'm not holding my breath on a petition, Merrick was very different situation than these two. If they were simply known as spies or information brokers it probably would be as bad as what most people think they are. They definitely feel like an Exclusive of some kind though and not main line at Walmart etc.

Honestly surprised this guy on eBay producing 3D printed heads hasn't drummed up a Tonnika Sister yet...

You'd think, I mean with all the people out there today doing 3D someone would have these two as an option. That said, even if they were I'd likely still wait for Hasbro to finally make official versions. It's tiresome to put so much energy and resources into a custom only for them to make said figure the next year or before my WIP is even finished, simply because I could have out it to better use on different figure if I had known. lol I several customs I had to reformat into something else because of that.

Reaction score
To add to my last post re: my comments on the Victoria's Cantina Youtube video - I also had not known (or had forgotten) that the likeness rights for either one or both of the Tonnikas was signed by one/both of the actresses, but they were both?! lost/misplaced. So, it sounds like this was taken care of by Lflm. in the early days, but - as with a lot of paperwork - it probably just got lost in the shuffle. Too bad, because if this issue had been resolved much earlier, we'd probably have these figures by now.

As I've said before, no Cantina diorama/set will be complete without the Tonnikas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The petition has only gotten to 1,262 so far.... I have to assume people are tired of petitions?? I KNOW there are more people that want these figures.

Reaction score
For me personally, it's about the Social media aspect. If I wasn't required to share/like across multiple platforms I do not use, I'd freely sign any petition for something I'd like made. And then there's the whole "donate" aspect, which I get as running something like this does have costs associated with it.
Yet you don't see people on the street who are gathering signatures asking for you to also give them Money, at least not that I've ever seen.

As for the count, it could be the fact that there's likely a whole subset of collectors who don't visit the sites that are even promoting it. In addition to the reasons I gave, as well as some might just think it will go nowhere thus feel it's a waste of time. Then I'd say a small fraction may be tired of petitions, but honestly there have really only been 3 notable ones. Jabba's Sail Barge, General Merrick, and now Tonnika Sisters. So I don't think that alone would indicate fatigue towards petitions, if anything it would only fuel said interests as it seems to have worked twice before.

Reaction score
Yes, it's too bad more collectors/fans aren't signing this Tonnika Sisters petition. As a SW collector/fan for many years, it's extremely obvious that there is a large fanbase out there that definitely wants these characters. Sure, they still may never get made - but if you sign the petition at least you'll get your voice heard. And, it definitely won't hurt.

Reaction score
That said, there are certainly enough people to warrant a production run of them if the only new part was head sculpts and they reused an existing bodies. 1,200 units at $10 each is $12K revenue for Hasbro just for one figure, double that because most people would naturally want the other Sister.
So they would essentially get $24K for both with an initial investment of whatever the cost is to tool up new molds for each actress plus whatever production costs are involved with reuse of say Oola retooled? Or possibly even Barris Offee for that matter.

I don't know what actual costs are but but considering waves/production numbers are much smaller than they used to be, it's not unreasonable to assume they would only make about 3K units anyways. If that even, based on scarcity of product these days it feels like only about a thousand units are made for each figure, so in reality the petition is only about half way there. I'd imagine that on more obscure characters even fewer units are made while the Luke and Han figures get more, thus the wave costs out according to that ratio as well as how much new tooling went into said figure.

In order to cost out the expense on both Tonnika Sisters I suspect that they wouldn't be in the same wave, and the other wave mates would be all repacks minus the one all new figure. Seems easy enough to me logistically so I don't think it's a problem in that sense just a matter of how to actually fit them into the line with so few slots, not to mention they aren't OG 96ers.

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Hasbro did a production run of 1,200 figures for any character - wasn't their minimum production run like 10k for a basic assortment figure? I know this was mentioned a number of years ago, before the TVC revival, but surely it hasn't dipped that low...even 3k doesn't seem worth the investment. Wish they'd shed a light on the topic, I'd like to know what a run for an obscure release in TVC currently is.

The plus side of these petitions is that they don't represent the total amount of consumers that will buy them, usually accounting for only a small percentage. The same was true for the TVC Fan's Choice Poll, lets say the Emperor received 2k votes, but those votes equal 12k in actual consumers that will buy said figure. Its not an exact ratio, but there are so many more consumers out there that aren't involved with forums, voting, social media, or online petitions.

Reaction score
If I recall that 10K number was about ten years ago and we've seen a drastic decline in production numbers since then, just look at how each ST movie got fewer and fewer releases. And yes I probably low-balled it too much but if they were to do the Tonnikas I bet the numbers would be half and half because they would share 90% of the tooling, and Hasbro likely feel 5-10K each is way too many.

Do you think that they made 10K units of Jabba's Palace?

Reaction score
If I recall that 10K number was about ten years ago and we've seen a drastic decline in production numbers since then, just look at how each ST movie got fewer and fewer releases. And yes I probably low-balled it too much but if they were to do the Tonnikas I bet the numbers would be half and half because they would share 90% of the tooling, and Hasbro likely feel 5-10K each is way too many.

Do you think that they made 10K units of Jabba's Palace?
I would imagine they produced at least as many Jabba's Palace sets as they did Barges. Perhaps at that point, after it sold out, they did the second run, when combined with the first, it may have exceeded 10k. The production run was available to other countries though, right? Surely that would lead me to believe more than 10k consumers bought that set, and a good number of them that reported here bought more than one. I think the Barge is a decent benchmark for a minimum run at least, as I think anyone that bought a Barge will likely buy a new OT character release. I frankly think those buying figures alone exceeds the vehicle purchase totals.

Reaction score
Production runs are tough to determine. Here is a 25th 'silver anniversary' silver Wolverine Marvel Legend that has an actual sticker that says "Limited Edition 1 of 25,000".
1621603878216.png

Now..... if 25,000 is a limited run then we are talking impossibilities in terms of getting something made if we are depending on a petition that has only managed 1,200 people to show an interest.

That figure above sells for under $20 on e-bay so....... does that mean the character isn't viable? no...it's Wolverine. Does it mean they made too many? Not necessarily, because painting something silver (or gold if we're still discussing Star Wars here :sick:) does not inspire sales they way it may have 2,000 figures ago. The Silver Saga edition Star Wars figures from 2003/2004 don't sell for much either. The Wolverine figure was from 2007.

Reaction score
While neat/niche, I don't think all Silver or Gold painted figures are really in that much of demand versus a specific fan favorite character. They do serve a certain style purpose for some collectors but definitely wouldn't fit into someone's dio with regular figures etc. And I think that most people are after the actual look of said character from the comics/movies versus a repainted cash grab.

And really what have they got to lose by repainting an exiting figure, something they have done for years, so making 25K units wouldn't seem that outlandish for the time. Although in my mind "limited editions" would be more like only "1,500" or "5,000" made. If 25K was considered LE back in 07 I can't imagine what a normal run would be, 50K? Small when considering the population of the States not to mention the whole world.

While I bought the Sliver repaints I do understand exactly what they were and I do get swayed by shiny objects. lol
I don't think it has any bearing on character specific choices such as these two though. While no two collectors are alike, I think most would agree to buy these two over an all Silver painted figure of whatever. Or at least I hope.

Reaction score
My point was simply that 25,000 was a limited run back a few years. Not sure what that means today. I don't agree that a run of 1,200 is even remotely possible but basing off of the barge and razor crest probably would need to sell more figures so 10,000 or more is more likely.

Reaction score
My lowball number was mainly a joke due to the seemingly lack of product even making it out these days, and I do feel that 10K like a more likelier number needed. And with that said that's possibly another roadblock if not the main one, convincing bean counters to loosen purse strings for the new tooling required for a one and done obscure character from a 40 year old Movie.

After all it seems Hasbro lack the "imagination" people required to think outside the box for releases and possibly re-use existing parts as a base and only needing to tool a new head and maybe a few other parts. darth sidious has already mentioned several figures that could be used for various characters across several threads. We know from the AT-ST Marauder that they are capable of these things when the want to be, so I don't understand why it's not used more often. Though maybe that was the product of Steve still being in charge when it was first conceptualized.

10K at $10 each is $100K for the run just on one figure, so if the two did share 80% of the sculpting then it would be advantageous for them as the profits on the second figure would be higher. This is why I think a 3-pk with a repack of DR. Evazan would be ideal.

Reaction score
My lowball number was mainly a joke due to the seemingly lack of product even making it out these days, and I do feel that 10K like a more likelier number needed. And with that said that's possibly another roadblock if not the main one, convincing bean counters to loosen purse strings for the new tooling required for a one and done obscure character from a 40 year old Movie.

After all it seems Hasbro lack the "imagination" people required to think outside the box for releases and possibly re-use existing parts as a base and only needing to tool a new head and maybe a few other parts. darth sidious has already mentioned several figures that could be used for various characters across several threads. We know from the AT-ST Marauder that they are capable of these things when the want to be, so I don't understand why it's not used more often. Though maybe that was the product of Steve still being in charge when it was first conceptualized.

10K at $10 each is $100K for the run just on one figure, so if the two did share 80% of the sculpting then it would be advantageous for them as the profits on the second figure would be higher. This is why I think a 3-pk with a repack of DR. Evazan would be ideal.
There used to be such a thing as a running change... Endor Commando was the last of those that I can remember. Tonnika could benefit from that were they so inclined.

Reaction score
For me personally, it's about the Social media aspect. If I wasn't required to share/like across multiple platforms I do not use, I'd freely sign any petition for something I'd like made. And then there's the whole "donate" aspect, which I get as running something like this does have costs associated with it.
Yet you don't see people on the street who are gathering signatures asking for you to also give them Money, at least not that I've ever seen.
If it helps, you don't have to share or donate -- the page is setup to make it seem like you have to, but after you click "Share" instead of donate, there's a "skip this step" in smaller gray font at the bottom. While it doesn't change the fact that it's annoying how they push you to doing more than just signing, just wanted to clarify that it's possible to avoid it.

Reaction score
Thanks for that tidbit.

Gosh now I'm starting to think that maybe Hasbro should so a pre-order/Haslab to see if it's even worth the financial effort, if 10K units really are needed for a production run and it meets that minimum goal it great! If not then it settles it once and for all that maybe they just aren't viable venture.

Reaction score
Hasbro has a website the takes preorders. Hasbro has a system that has been successful in getting essentially crowdfunded ideas made (HasLab).

All they need to do is put up a list of figures that we can click on to put our money where our mouths are. I don't feel like they'd even need to do any tooling or visualization ahead of time beyond what already exists. Give us a picture of what they plan on producing and let us decide if we want to back it or not. **Yes, there will be nitpicking but as long as the character isn't named incorrectly (Carnor Jax) or painted completely wrong or just totally off the mark, then it's golden.

If they put up 10 figures and only 1 gets enough response to get made.... Great! It's a start, and there was little to no buy in on their part until a required number is met. Let the fansites do all the work. LITERALLY, we will do ALL the work to get this to happen. Hasbro just needs to come out and say "This is not possible because we'd need to make 150,000 of them and each figure would cost $50" OR give us a reasonable shot at getting what we 'want'. ** note - collectors want everything.

This is not a new idea, just reiterating what's already been said a number of times.