Boba Fett Prototype Edition - Retro Line

Reaction score
I’m certainly no expert whatsoever, but the below sums up my thoughts on Hasbro’s current business model for selling SW figures to the masses...

I don't know what they're thinking sometimes...or not thinking. These prototype retro figures are awful.

Reaction score
I don't know what they're thinking sometimes...or not thinking. These prototype retro figures are awful.
I like to think of them as unique. After not looking at Vader for some time, I pulled him out to get at something and thought it was actually a pretty cool piece. All Warhol n stuff.

Reaction score
RK has them for $15 plus airmail $hipping

Hopefully, collectors that want it get lucky. That's the issue with the availability popping back up randomly in the middle of the night...bots never sleep.
A BIG thank you, jimmii! I ordered 2 of them. All said and done they were $31 each. Thats certainly better than eBay BS. I hope they don't ship them in a padded envelope...

Reaction score
A BIG thank you, jimmii! I ordered 2 of them. All said and done they were $31 each. Thats certainly better than eBay BS. I hope they don't ship them in a padded envelope...
I'm just guessing, but I think parcel is a box and packet is a bag. I hope I'm wrong, but if they come damaged, I won't be that upset...just needed to check it off my list.

Reaction score
Ugg... I got the cheapest shipping, of course. Being in the business, you would think they are aware of the value of nice packaging. I guess we will see. Hopefully I will luck out like I did with Vader and be around when he becomes available to order again.

Also, if I recall correctly, the Vader card was thick like it was 2 piece or something. Not the flimsy toilet paper card backs of the Retro collection.

Reaction score
My best guess is RK = Robot Kingdom, but shipping is 3x the cost of the figure. No thank you.
Yeah, I was shocked about the shipping. Used to be like $16 US. The cheapest was like $33. I will not be using them again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like to think of them as unique. After not looking at Vader for some time, I pulled him out to get at something and thought it was actually a pretty cool piece. All Warhol n stuff.
I guess...that's one way to look at it. I'm just not a fan. Each to their own, so, if you like em, that's cool. I just wish they would focus on new figures since we are getting so few in a sense.

Reaction score
No store will care about scalping but bits are a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true. I must have posted that in the help us improve this page box 10 times yesterday suggesting they need anti bot measures in place. If Target hears it enough they are one of the very few companies that take feedback seriously. Especially when they ate looking to widen their E-commerce this year.

Reaction score
Not true. I must have posted that in the help us improve this page box 10 times yesterday suggesting they need anti bot measures in place. If Target hears it enough they are one of the very few companies that take feedback seriously. Especially when they ate looking to widen their E-commerce this year.
I wrote two "Help us" responses. One of them was because they asked me to on the app. I think they might be listening the feedback. I mentioned the rumor about Bots and pre-sale buyers before it going live, as well as limiting pre-orders to 1 per account total, and making sure the rest make it to brick and mortar.

Reaction score
No way I am paying that shipping.even in bulk they cost $29.50 each. Someone told me these will be at Toys R Us in Canada as well. Better off asking Scummers up north to keep an eye out too.

Reaction score
No way I am paying that shipping.even in bulk they cost $29.50 each. Someone told me these will be at Toys R Us in Canada as well. Better off asking Scummers up north to keep an eye out too.
I hear ya, it ain't cheap, but Target retail is $13 plus tax, and you have to order $35 worth to ship, so I decided to secure 2 for better night's sleep.

Reaction score
I hear ya, it ain't cheap, but Target retail is $13 plus tax, and you have to order $35 worth to ship, so I decided to secure 2 for better night's sleep.
Ok i ordered 2 just in case. I had enough in rewards points to make them basically retail.😳

Reaction score
So 84 active ebay listing and 50 some completed/sold. Curious what percentage that is to total sold. Hopefully low. Im curious how many thousand were made available for preorder and how many were held over for release date. It would be interesting to see their game plan logistics.

Reaction score
If its like Vader there are a lot more sleepless nights ahead in order to nab a few.

Reaction score
I remember it being afternoon when you and I scored Vader. Hoping that same scenario plays out.
Mostly I got rainbow Vader sent to store. I was able to check it periodically. Mostly I checked the site at the right time. I never once saw him in store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ordered two more on April 30, originally scheduled for delivery May 30. Bumped up for tomorrow. Hoping for some sensor bars this time around. 🤞
Oh man, I thought you were talking about the Target Prototype Fett and quickly checked the app. You meant to post this on the VC Fett thread I guess.

Reaction score
So weird thing this morning, around 10am-11am Target.com had switched the Fett listing (and a few other Traget exclusives) to a Red Card exclusive item. By about 11:30-12noon it was back to normal. I had hoped maybe they were setting up a new release of orders but nothing else happened that I caught.

Reaction score
So weird thing this morning, around 10am-11am Target.com had switched the Fett listing (and a few other Traget exclusives) to a Red Card exclusive item. By about 11:30-12noon it was back to normal. I had hoped maybe they were setting up a new release of orders but nothing else happened that I caught.
I think I noticed that something had changed. It was weird. I am assuming that online orders will resume in July and they will be released in stores then?

Reaction score
The Q&A is now posted on it's page, and I found some of them hilarious & sad at the same time.

Reaction score
I think if they released this where the figure was uniformly one color, I'd buy one. It's the multi-colored look that keeps me from really wanting this guy though (and yes, I can understand that may be what interests some), is anyone looking to get mutliples where they boil & pop to get a single colored figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think if they released this where the figure was uniformly one color, I'd buy one. It's the multi-colored look that keeps me from really wanting this guy though (and yes, I can understand that may be what interests some), is anyone looking to get mutliples where they boil & pop to get a single colored figure?
Honestly, you can buy basically that from https://procustomfigures-online-store.ecwid.com/ right now, and I'd argue that it's better because of the rocket firing...