Boba Fett Deluxe - 40th Anniversary

Reaction score
So if there is a third wave coming, as the leaks about a 40th Ackbar and Jayson's very specific comments would suggest, what are the likely candidates?

New sculpts sound great, but obviously the driver of the 40th lines are repacks on vintage style cards.

So what RotJ figures are left out there that could be added to a third wave?

Obviously Ackbar is already in.

Emperor's Royal Guard would seem like a no brainer at this point.

There's DSII Luke, Jabba's Palace Luke, Endor Luke and the new 'Mandalorian' Luke who could be adapted into any of the previous three - with no Luke in waves 1 and 2, at least one of those seems obvious.

Other than that, all I've got is RotJ Vader, Ewok Village Leia, Teebo, General Lando, Leia in Boussh disguise, Slave Leia and arguably Wedge Antilles (although he's definitely based on ANH, I doubt Hasbro cares too much). From that list, I'd probably guess Teebo. He's from the same wave as Ackbar, so we know that's up for consideration, and it would also mean there's an Ewok in each of the three waves.

If the rumours of a third deluxe are also true, my guess would be a Gamorrean Guard or Jabba re-release, who are the only other existing RotJ figures I can think of.

Very intrigued by who the new sculpts could be.

I'd be all over an A-Wing or B-Wing pilot, but I'd guess two or three of Nien Nunb, Mon Mothma, AT-ST driver or another Jabba's Palace alien and then maybe Moff Jerjerrod for a bit of easy reuse.

Reaction score
Nien Numb, Tessek, Ree-Yees, AT-ST Pilot, Logray, Rancor Keeper would be my most wanted, but I doubt they do a full wave of all-new-sculpts

Reaction score
I still call BS on that. She was in the fan vote, but lost to Cody 2 years ago.
As much/bad as we and I want an updated one I don't think it'll happen... 1. Disney has there family friendly image to up hold🤮.. 2. Parents of young kids won't want them to have or see her figure...I don't know where or when this happened but I saw a news article about some dad having a hissy fit that his child saw the Leia figure in a store and asked about it and he didn't know how to answer/what to say to her.... My 9 year old grandson saw my Slave Leia figure in my display he asked about it and I told him about it and all he said was Ok and that Jabba wasn't very nice... I really hope we do end up getting an updated figure

Reaction score
As much/bad as we and I want an updated one I don't think it'll happen... 1. Disney has there family friendly image to up hold🤮.. 2. Parents of young kids won't want them to have or see her figure...I don't know where or when this happened but I saw a news article about some dad having a hissy fit that his child saw the Leia figure in a store and asked about it and he didn't know how to answer/what to say to her.... My 9 year old grandson saw my Slave Leia figure in my display he asked about it and I told him about it and all he said was Ok and that Jabba wasn't very nice... I really hope we do end up getting an updated figure
Yet there it was to vote for AFTER that happened. If they were so concerned with it, it would be edited from Disney Plus, like Splash.

Reaction score
We’re never gonna get another Slave Leia.

I still call BS on that. She was in the fan vote, but lost to Cody 2 years ago.

I think the climate has definitely changed on "Slave Leia" since 2 years ago.

We have physical evidence of Disney censoring her image on merchandise.

censored.jpg

I also think it's funny that we all universally call this look "Slave Leia" when the very first action figure of her in this outfit ever made was actually called "Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner."

potfleiaslave.jpg

Reaction score

View attachment 432971
Good grief, that's even more clumsy than shrinking John Boyega on the Chinese TFA poster...

I also think it's funny that we all universally call this look "Slave Leia" when the very first action figure of her in this outfit ever made was actually called "Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner."
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; so Romeo would, were he not Romeo called.”

Reaction score
I’m calling Nien Nunb as the third ROTJ deluxe figure. We’ll all ***** about it but still buy it.

Reaction score
I think the climate has definitely changed on "Slave Leia" since 2 years ago.

View attachment 432971
As discussed recently in the Retro thread, I don't think that is evidence of Disney censoring her. That's one shady company using a jank and borderline bootleg cartoon design on a shirt. There are multiple official Disney-branded products still available at the links in that earlier post that will gladly sell you the image on the left. If you see any site posting it and saying it's an example of now-standard Disney censorship, you are looking at an unreliable source pushing buttons to make you mad.

And to double quote myself and go even deeper into the archives, the initial controversy around the "Bikini Kill" Leia figure is overblown by worried action figure collectors, motivated culture warriors, and (if we're unlucky) one or two Hasbro employees. The alleged uproar (which, to reiterate, was a single local news story about a single person that barely lasted one news cycle...seriously, every other news story or opinion piece about it comes back to this one dude's whine) was a while ago in mid-2015. If Disney/Lucasfilm/Hasbro/whoever was turtling after that, the figure wouldn't have been in a fan choice vote in May 2020.

Now, that doesn't mean they put it out next year for the anniversary. Or that they ever release it again. And maybe there is an internal memo that says they have to lay off all bikini-wearing merch. But the evidence just isn't out there for it, and the things that get people worried are singular outlier occurrences.

Reaction score
Yeah, I did think that pic looked awfully "unofficial." Just look at Han's face! But hey, I'm no Steve Sansweet when it comes to discerning real stuff from bootlegs. Star Wars has been slapped on a LOT of total crap going all the way back to the 70s.

At any rate, I don't really care much either way about Slave Leia. I remember we all went nuts trying to get that first figure back in '97 or whenever it was released. Looking back it's a really crappy figure, and Hasbro eventually made better and more in-scale versions over the years. Hopefully the same will be true if they ever revisit it for the BS line and they just re-do it from the ground up.

I also haven't really kept up with the anniversary retro cards...I would THINK they'd be just for figures that actually existed in the Kenner line, but apparently they've made some that weren't?

Reaction score
RSVLT is shady? I own a few of their shirts and their quality is great.

If we don't get a Slave Leia on retro card or apart of the archive line for black series.... I think that's all the "proof" we need.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Boba Fett (Deluxe) (40th ROTJ Anniversary). Part of the 40th ROTJ Anniversary line. Repack of Phase IV ROTJ #06. Comes with all the same accessories as the previous release. Some of the deco has been refined particularly on the jetpack. The blister is extra deep to fit all the accessories. This may be a problem for protective clamshells like FigureShield's SW-40.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $33.99. Available for pre-order today October 27th at 8pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this premium deluxe 6-inch scale BOBA FETT figure. Fans and collectors can imagine the biggest battles and missions in the STAR WARS saga and display this fully articulated figure featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation and classic design and packaging in their collection. Includes figure and 5 entertainment-inspired accessories including blaster FX.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-5.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-6.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-7.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-order Links

Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boba Fett (Deluxe) (40th ROTJ Anniversary). Part of the 40th ROTJ Anniversary line. Repack of Phase IV ROTJ #06. Comes with all the same accessories as the previous release. Some of the deco has been refined particularly on the jetpack. The blister is extra deep to fit all the accessories. This may be a problem for protective clamshells like FigureShield's SW-40.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $33.99. Available for pre-order today October 27th at 8pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this premium deluxe 6-inch scale BOBA FETT figure. Fans and collectors can imagine the biggest battles and missions in the STAR WARS saga and display this fully articulated figure featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation and classic design and packaging in their collection. Includes figure and 5 entertainment-inspired accessories including blaster FX.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-5.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-6.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-Deluxe-Loose-7.jpg
This is absurd that they put this at $34!!!