Boba Fett’s Throne Room Playset

Reaction score
That something seems to be you and your strangely antagonistic posts. But hey, do you.
Its amazing how some people love to continue to carry on when everyone already moved on. The fact that you want to continue with this says a lot about you. I am done with this.

Reaction score
And speaking of the Tantive IV, I wonder how many people used it for their ROTS dio, compared to the OT. I think I probably have a good idea that the majority favored one over the over.
Definitely used it for OT and Rebels vs. Empire set ups.

Reaction score
And speaking of the Tantive IV, I wonder how many people used it for their ROTS dio, compared to the OT. I think I probably have a good idea that the majority favored one over the over.
kBYkiz5H_o.jpg

Reaction score
I had zero idea there was a deadline by which you had to order this until I stumbled upon someone mentioning that way back in this thread somewhere. Granted I ordered mine the first chance I got, but still, I consider myself to be very on top of this stuff, and if I didn’t know about the deadline, I can only imagine a large percentage of collectors didn’t know that either. And unlike a haslab that gets updates and stuff and a dedicated site so it’s in your face, this was just okay it’s up to order aaaaand now it’s not.

I don’t know how they can continue on as a company with a lot of the decisions I see them making lately.

So I think if it were a haslab it would have gotten much more publicity and would have sold more and I think a lot of people are going to be caught off guard and be like wait, since it wasn’t a haslab I thought I could just order it whenever I want to like every single other product they make, except for a haslab, which this wink wink wasn’t.
This was so me. I'm devastated.

I specialize in everything Leia (of course) but also Jabba's Palace - I have spent years amassing a pretty respectable collection of Jabba and his cohorts in 3.75", 6", and 1/6 scale (I just finally was able to afford the big Sideshow piece this year) and am spending a good chunk of time this winter finally creating my Jabba-mega display (I'm going to have all the scales in different but attached displays). I have Rancors, skiffs, so many little bits I've been collecting as I've literally planning this for years (close to a decade, actually).

So I was incredibly elated when I saw they were doing this - the perfect centerpiece to my 3.75" display. I've even been measuring and designing a trap door system for the cave below it. This was to be the finishing touch.

The only reason I didn't preorder before was because I knew I would be changing credit cards, and they wouldn't let me do a pre-order with ApplePay on the app without charging me now when I went to do it awhile back. So I was just waiting until I got my new card to do it. When I got around to doing it tonight, I was gutted to see it sold out. Obviously, I hadn't checked in a bit (life has been insane this fall) but there was no indication last time I looked that this was going to be cut-off, it wasn't Haslab, and given that it's a year out - I just had no idea that I would be too late.

Obviously, I will get one somehow - but I was so ready to lock it in, so I don't spend the next year anxious about it - and of course feeling stupid that I missed out, and who knows how much money I'll have to spend. I feel so dumb, because I literally have been thinking about this piece every day - I just had no idea they would shut off preorders so quickly like this. I mean, I get like 3 or 4 emails a week from them - one would think they would have given a heads-up that this was going out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was so me. I'm devastated.

I specialize in everything Leia (of course) but also Jabba's Palace - I have spent years amassing a pretty respectable collection of Jabba and his cohorts in 3.75", 6", and 1/6 scale (I just finally was able to afford the big Sideshow piece this year) and am spending a good chunk of time this winter finally creating my Jabba-mega display (I'm going to have all the scales in different but attached displays). I have Rancors, skiffs, so many little bits I've been collecting as I've literally planning this for years (close to a decade, actually).

So I was incredibly elated when I saw they were doing this - the perfect centerpiece to my 3.75" display. I've even been measuring and designing a trap door system for the cave below it. This was to be the finishing touch.

The only reason I didn't preorder before was because I knew I would be changing credit cards, and they wouldn't let me do a pre-order with ApplePay on the app without charging me now when I went to do it awhile back. So I was just waiting until I got my new card to do it. When I got around to doing it tonight, I was gutted to see it sold out. Obviously, I hadn't checked in a bit (life has been insane this fall) but there was no indication last time I looked that this was going to be cut-off, it wasn't Haslab, and given that it's a year out - I just had no idea that I would be too late.

Obviously, I will get one somehow - but I was so ready to lock it in, so I don't spend the next year anxious about it - and of course feeling stupid that I missed out, and who knows how much money I'll have to spend. I feel so dumb, because I literally have been thinking about this piece every day - I just had no idea they would shut off preorders so quickly like this. I mean, I get like 3 or 4 emails a week from them - one would think they would have given a heads-up that this was going out.
Odds are that there will be some cancellations between now and then, and I'm sure they'll produce more than the quantity pre-ordered to cover possible lost in the mail type situations. They might even make extras with the intent of putting more up for sale at a later date. Either way, I recommend keeping an eye out on this thread for updates on when it starts shipping and also on Pulse in case it comes back in stock. There might not be a lot of them, but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't reappear at some point.

Reaction score
I don’t understand how some folks missed this one. It was up for preorder for quite some time.

LOL, well I just described that very scenario above.

The product doesn’t come out for a year, there was no indication that it was a limited time (I don’t know when the 10/7 date went up, but it was not there the last time I checked before that - like August), it was not a Haslab item, and I don’t think there is a product in the history of that site that this has happened to.

I think the biggest thing here is that Hasbro apparently didn’t want to sell many of these. They send out multiple emails a week about every single product, deadline, etc - and they sent no such thing about this product when it was time limited. If I had gotten an email about it, I would have done it instantly. It’s so odd to me that they would add a stop date and not tell everyone about it.

Reaction score
I agree. How much would it have cost Hasbro to push out an email to all the people with pulse logins? I get all sorts of emails about Marvel Legends and other things I have never collected and am not a pulse premium member or whatever.

That being said, I still got my preorder in day one because I was very excited about the throne room.

Reaction score
I don’t understand how some folks missed this one. It was up for preorder for quite some time.

LOL, well I just described that very scenario above.

The product doesn’t come out for a year, there was no indication that it was a limited time (I don’t know when the 10/7 date went up, but it was not there the last time I checked before that - like August), it was not a Haslab item, and I don’t think there is a product in the history of that site that this has happened to.
but the thing is it is a pre-order and hasbro does not collect any funds or pre-auths until it ships, (heck unlike most sites, they will send you a notice about a week b4 shipment for you to review payment info for errors, updates, cancelation if desired, etc.), and they allow you to update info if needed w/o hassle at any time between preorder and shipping time. Even if it had no posted deadline like most other preorders, there's always risk of preorder allotment amount running out. The speeder bike pre-sold out quickly on pulse. So, there's that to consider as well.
If one was on the fence about it, which i do understand fully, there's no risk w/ preordering and cancelling later if you change your mind.
But there is a risk if you really truly want an item and hold off on preordering too long. (Grant it, there is a risk of hackers getting into pulse's system, but that is everywhere so I'm not counting that particular risk when i said there is no risk- that's why i try to use GC or paypal whenever possible esp. Target and WalMart preorders, but hasbro pulse and EE, I feel safer w/ them)

I also don't understand posts like..." i forgot i preordered this...." lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I messed up. Aware of that.

That said, I’m also irritated that Hasbro emails me multiple times a week and when they stealth inserted that deadline that they didn’t let everyone know.

Both can be true - which is why when I posted, I said I was very mad at myself. But Hasbro also was shady about this for some unknown reason. I read every email they send specifically so I don’t miss out, and this wasn’t a “we ran out” it was a “we are artificially adding a deadline”.

Edited to add: They also wanted to charge me up front with my ApplePay payment method. They make you pay for preorders ahead of time when you use ApplePay. I was just waiting for a different card to use - again, my fault, but it’s not like I was just waiting for no reason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't understand why there's such a long lead time for this item. It should have been available this Fall, not next September. By that time it will have been a year and a half since announcement.
I still think there is a chance it'll suprise release MUCH earlier like many recent products. September may be the latest it'll ship and its just taking possible shipping delays into consideration.

Either way I'm just glad it isn't Walmart as I might be moved by then and at least every other website allows you to change shipping methods 🥴

Reaction score
Yes, I messed up. Aware of that.

That said, I’m also irritated that Hasbro emails me multiple times a week and when they stealth inserted that deadline that they didn’t let everyone know.

Both can be true - which is why when I posted, I said I was very mad at myself. But Hasbro also was shady about this for some unknown reason. I read every email they send specifically so I don’t miss out, and this wasn’t a “we ran out” it was a “we are artificially adding a deadline”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can relaye, I really want a Barge but it wasn't in the cards when announced. Now its gated behind INSANE aftermarket prices. Though, with this, chances are very high it'll go back on sale near or after release

Reaction score
I can relaye, I really want a Barge but it wasn't in the cards when announced. Now its gated behind INSANE aftermarket prices. Though, with this, chances are very high it'll go back on sale near or after release

Yeah, I’m hoping the same. Lesson learned, certainly - there is some transformers kingdom international website that shows it as releasing in like April and is taking preorders. Price is the same as Hasbro, but it has $100 shipping. I’d order it and pay it if I thought it was legit…

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up hope just yet, surely, they'll want to capitalize on the ROTJ anniversary next year and sell another batch of them. They'd be fools not to offer it again and profit off what will likely be significant demand for anything related to the movie. We've seen them bring back other items when demand warranted it - the original Jabba's Palace playset sold out and then they had to do a second production run to meet demand from both WM and consumers. If they left this release to the numbers from this year, their profit margin will be smaller, and it reduces the chances of seeing a huge item like this again outside of a Haslab. In all actuality, 10k isn't a big number compared to the number of potential consumers there are for this brand, especially globally.

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up hope just yet, surely, they'll want to capitalize on the ROTJ anniversary next year and sell another batch of them. They'd be fools not to offer it again and profit off what will likely be significant demand for anything related to the movie. We've seen them bring back other items when demand warranted it - the original Jabba's Palace playset sold out and then they had to do a second production run to meet demand from both WM and consumers. If they left this release to the numbers from this year, their profit margin will be smaller, and it reduces the chances of seeing a huge item like this again outside of a Haslab. In all actuality, 10k isn't a big number compared to the number of potential consumers there are for this brand, especially globally.
same can/could be said about the Barge considering huge market areas were denied a shot at it

Reaction score
While I agree with you somewhat, the deadline was possibly only known to those who frequent the right thread on RS. Anyone that only pops in from time to time could have missed this bit of info. Also, some people might not have thought if it's so far in the future why preorder now twelve months early? One might have thought they'd just wait till it's only six months out.

We all shop differently so I don't get why others feel they need to chime in on how others should spend their Money or when. For those who say just order day one, larger purchases do deserve some thought process before clicking. And as has been stated there is such a thing as CC expiration dates and if you preorder and the card expire before it ships you're in a bit of a pickle because some times these "payment details" emails don't get through to you in time due to various reasons.

Just because I preordered after only a couple weeks of it being listed doesn't mean everyone else should, especially when there was no mention of a cut off date implied.
Which there should have been so that people knew going in. And the only reason I ordered as early as I did is because I did have a couple cards that didn't expire in 23, otherwise I would have waited until a new card was issued. Only because I don't like surprises during the shipping process.

With HasLab they give you a set amount of time to get your orders in so I see no reason why they could have done the same here be it 60 or 90 days.
I think most people here just assumes everyone keeps up to date day by day because a few of us frequent the boards daily to ever few days while other might only pop in every few months.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a bit different than the skiff. They were way up front and broadcasted far and wide all the deadlines/etc for that. This one was much more quiet.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a bit different than the skiff. They were way up front and broadcasted far and wide all the deadlines/etc for that. This one was much more quiet.

They had mentioned during their panel at the Star Wars Celebration that preorders would close. Then again on their PulseCon Star Wars segment they said the deadline for preorders was one week away. But it was asinine to not send one of their email ads out during that week to drum up some final preorders.

I am fairly confident that they will have them in stock once the sets are ready. I wouldn't be too worried about missing out yet.

And, if you were referring to Robot Kingdom earlier, I often hear good things from other US collectors about their fulfillment. I haven't used them though, and a $300+ order would probably not be my first order with them. It is an option, though!

Reaction score
I don’t know, I still think that there was plenty of time to preorder this one. But again, it’s just me.
Sure, there was plenty of time to order, but there was no statement in the beginning that it was a limited window, either. It is almost like they expected a certain amount to sell and call it a sell out, and when that didn't happen they panicked and put the cap on order time instead. I don't know if this means they are making less than they originally projected or what, but it is just a weird situation that they decided to quit taking preorders. And as was said, if the preorder window closing was meant to induce FOMO, then why didn't they better publicize it? Why not just keep selling them and make the order they planned to make at the start so they could fill all the orders, or when they have truly met the sales numbers, then close orders and say "SOLD OUT." It's so, so weird.

It's even weirder that they are making the thing with no orders being charged. There could be a mass preorder cancellation between now and when the product is ready to bill and ship (because who knows what this economy will do in the next 6 months,) and they could be left holding a ton of stock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got two on preorder but by the time July/August rolls around I may reconsider if things get any worse. I'm not hurting by any means but if times do get tougher for me I'm sure it will be a lot harder trying to sell of expensive toys in order to buy necessities because others will be thinking the same.
I don’t know, I still think that there was plenty of time to preorder this one. But again, it’s just me.
There was, for people like you and I who visit frequently. We no doubt had plenty of time from the day we learned of it being listed till the final day. My point was that not everyone visits this place as much as we do, and there are a few logistical things some people have to consider before placing such an order.

Reaction score
Shows available for preorder at Robot Kingdom still. Might be worth a shot for those that really want one and missed it.

It looks like you have to use FedEx shipping, so I don't expect it to be cheap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...and thier eta is April. So it'd seem that a carded bib pic is due as well as a boxed image of the whole set.

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m surprised they never showed the box for this thing; If I recall Emily was asked about the box art months ago, and even she was surprised it hadn’t been shown yet.

Reaction score
It says "preorder. available in April 2022"
not "preorder avaible in April 2022"
and you said their eta was April.
Just pointing it out.

Reaction score
It says "preorder. available in April 2022"
not "preorder avaible in April 2022"
and you said their eta was April.
Just pointing it out.
Umm...I only see/saw 2023. So unless they initially posted 2022 and changed it...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Asian retailers will get it earlier than Pulse US for sure. This thing’s estimated delivery has alway been “Summer 2023” (See announcement link below) so with supply chains improved and continuing to improve there is a possibility that we might get it April-June. Pulse still says estimated ship date is Aug 31st.

Post in thread 'Boba Fett’s Throne Room Playset'
https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/boba-fett’s-throne-room-playset.1149297/post-20473033

Reaction score
Look, I'll take it any time sooner than the stated September date on Pulse. That said I'll believe any early shipments when I get the actual email stating so. Until then I'll just expect it closer to the original date.