Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary Figures

Reaction score
Assuming we are getting Endor Luke, Han and Leia, plus Teebo and Ackbar, the following list would be my top-ten dream list:

1. Nien Nub
2. Bib Fortuna
3. Weequay
4. Barada
5. Nikto
6. Endor Rebel (multiple faces)
7. Wicket
8. Logray
9. AT-ST
10. General Lando

Reaction score
I agree that Jedi has to be the biggest character/toy movie of the OT. And the 40th Anniversary could be a great time to re-release Jabba with his dias. Maybe even an AT-ST as the vehicle? 3 waves of 5 or even 6 would be easy to fill with quite a number of characters on the way added to what we already have. Personally I want Endor Luke with a proper DSII outfit under poncho... and Nien Nunb. I guess we won't be seeing the Ewoks coming out in pairs even in the boxes. I was hoping they might consider that. But Yoda and Jawa have kinda shown us they won't.
So true I have a feeling my collection will double by the time the ROTJ Anniversary line is over.

Reaction score
While we’re on the subject of future anniversary lines. Does anyone think we’ll see a couple of AOTC anniversary figures in 2022, like we did with TPM in 2019?

Nothing major like with the40th anniversary stuff but maybe just Obi-Wan and Padmè on the 2002 blue cards.

swsaga0203obiwancccardfront.jpg

6" versions of characters in nostalgia packaging sounds like a con special to me. Assuming cons are back by 2022, of course.

Beyond that, it feels like we're getting a relatively big amount of AOTC stuff this year -- Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku, the Jedi, and the Geonosis Battle Droid should all be out by summer's end. Maybe they are ramping up releases now so they have repacks ready for the 20th anniversary in 2022.

Assuming we are getting Endor Luke, Han and Leia, plus Teebo and Ackbar, the following list would be my top-ten dream list:

1. Nien Nub
2. Bib Fortuna
3. Weequay
4. Barada
5. Nikto
6. Endor Rebel (multiple faces)
7. Wicket
8. Logray
9. AT-ST
10. General Lando

Man, love this list. I'm loathe to want too many of Jabba's crew in this line since there's been so much attention paid to it in 3.75"...and I know I'll just be spending more money to get it again. But who am I kidding? Bring 'em on!

Of everyone there, I think Nien Nunb might be the most important. He's a leading figure in the Rebellion and the Resistance. We need him!

Reaction score
Would love to see
Bikerscout
Any Ewoks
Royal Guard
Not sure but wasnt logray the first ewok figure produced?

Reaction score
I've been saying it for a long time, there's a serious dearth of "good guy soldiers" in this line. Tons of Imperial Troops, no Rebel footsoldier-types. Just the Fleet Trooper, and finally now the Hoth Soldier. I really hope they do the Endor Rebel Trooper justice. Give us a couple different heads/faces, like the Hoth one.

I'd also buy the ATST driver, my kids would love anything Ewok, and General Lando would probably get bought. Other than that, meh.

Reaction score
It seems with the popularity of all things Boba Fett, a ROTJ colored version ought to be released. It wouldnt involve a drastic amount of retooling, and Hasbro would likely half-ass it anyway. Myself and I'm sure many many others would likely buy it regardless.

Then again, if rumors are correct and Fett (and/or Tim Olyphant in Fett's armor) shows up in Season 2 of Mandalorian, we may get some variation of a ROTJ Fett sooner than that

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll get a Photoreal Jedi Luke without the tunic (and with the interchangeable chest panel), or the one with the tunic (which as a Walmart exclusive was relatively hard to get), or if both of them will get re-released in the inevitable ROTJ 40th line.

I'd prefer both, but my hunch is that we'll get the original Jedi Knight Luke with the belt and two chest panels and the same Photoreal head as the tunic version.

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll get a Photoreal Jedi Luke without the tunic (and with the interchangeable chest panel), or the one with the tunic (which as a Walmart exclusive was relatively hard to get), or if both of them will get re-released in the inevitable ROTJ 40th line.

I'd prefer both, but my hunch is that we'll get the original Jedi Knight Luke with the belt and two chest panels and the same Photoreal head as the tunic version.

What would be amazing would be a deluxe $30 version of Jedi Luke for 40th ROTJ that had all the accessories necessary to make all the ROTJ versions including a new removable cloth tunic, the Endor poncho and removable helmet, and interchangeable hands (gloved, ungloved, and jedi mind trick).

Reaction score

We’re getting a new Luke in the fall that we assume is his Speeder Bike version, so hopefully that poncho is removable and they include the extra chest piece.

Reaction score
Realistically, it will be mostly repacks:
Luke Jedi with cloak
Biker Scout
Lando Skiff
Royal Guard
Leia Boussh ( I so hope!)

But there is room for a few new figures that would be easy to make:
ROTJ Boba Fett - a welcome repaint and low hanging fruit
Han Trenchcoat - could reuse some parts here for this one
ROTJ Vader - Same as Fett, just a repaint

And then, like this year, maybe one all new figure. The trick is guessing which it would be.
Probably not a Jabba goon, which takes out half of the options, if not more.
My guess would be Wicket, followed by Rebel Commando

Reaction score
We really need an ROTJ Fett. He could mostly reuse old parts, he just needs a new belt, gauntlets, gun and cape. The rest is a repaint!

Reaction score
Realistically, it will be mostly repacks:
Luke Jedi with cloak
Biker Scout
Lando Skiff
Royal Guard
Leia Boussh ( I so hope!)

But there is room for a few new figures that would be easy to make:
ROTJ Boba Fett - a welcome repaint and low hanging fruit
Han Trenchcoat - could reuse some parts here for this one
ROTJ Vader - Same as Fett, just a repaint

And then, like this year, maybe one all new figure. The trick is guessing which it would be.
Probably not a Jabba goon, which takes out half of the options, if not more.
My guess would be Wicket, followed by Rebel Commando
Yakface claims a ROTJ Han (and Luke and Leia) will be here by the end of the year or early next year. Presumably these are "Endor" versions - and the Luke may very well just be the Walmart Jedi Luke with an alternate helmeted head and a poncho.
WAVE 27 6″ Black Series
5010993754656 Hoth Rebel Trooper (TESB)
5010993754687 Clone Trooper?
5010993754694 Incinerator Stormtrooper
5010993754700 Han Solo (ROTJ)
5010993754717 Sawyer (Moff Gideon?)
5010993754724 Cad Bane (TCW)
5010993755622 Leia (ROTJ)
5010993755639 Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

I really doubt ROTJ Fett will be a repaint of ESB Fett - there are too many differences and too many fans care too much about those differences. I suspect we'll get an entirely new sculpt, first as an SDCC exclusive ROTJ Fett with some sort of accessory (maybe a base with articulated sarlacc tentacles?) and then a later retail release as well as a ROTJ 40th Release.

Anyway, here's my crack at predicting the complete ROTJ 40th Assortment. Many of these will already have come out or be scheduled for retail release by the time of the anniversary waves.
  • ROTJ Fett
  • ROTJ (Endor) Leia
  • ROTJ (Endor) Luke
  • ROTJ Han (Endor trenchcoat)
  • General Lando
  • Teebo
  • Wicket
  • Rebel Commando
  • Nien Nunb
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • Scout Trooper
  • ROTJ Vader (w/ removable hand and helmet)
  • The Emperor
  • Bib Fortuna
  • AT-ST Driver

Reaction score
Man, love this list. I'm loathe to want too many of Jabba's crew in this line since there's been so much attention paid to it in 3.75"...and I know I'll just be spending more money to get it again. But who am I kidding? Bring 'em on!
I would not want Hasbro to make all the Palace aliens, but I'd like to get some of them. I continue to feel like the lack of aliens is the line's biggest shortcoming.

Reaction score
I would not want Hasbro to make all the Palace aliens, but I'd like to get some of them. I continue to feel like the lack of aliens is the line's biggest shortcoming.

Absolutely agree. I'd settle for the most memorable Jabba's Palace aliens - the Max Rebo band and Bib Fortuna would be sufficient for me. Beyond that, Tessek and some skiff guards would definitely sell well, I would think.

Reaction score
We really need an ROTJ Fett. He could mostly reuse old parts, he just needs a new belt, gauntlets, gun and cape. The rest is a repaint!

I'd say, out of every figure that is going to be included in an ROTJ anniversary, Boba Fett is the most likely to appear.

Reaction score
Based on the formula for ESB, there are 15 figures across 3 waves, plus 2 exclusives (not counting Carbonized), 2 deluxe, and a vehicle. This is a mix of what I expect, with some “realistic wants” thrown in (hopefully not being all Repacks)

Wave 1
Endor Han
Endor Luke
Endor Leia
Wicket
Speeder Bike Pilot

Wave 2
General Calrissian
Admiral Ackbar
Nien Nunb
Endor Commando
Weequay

Wave 3
Jedi Luke
Vader w removable helmet
Boba Fett
Moff Jerjerrod
Bousch

Exclusive 1 - Ghost Anakin
Exclusive 2 - Teedo/Logray/Chirpa Pack

Deluxe 1 - B’omarr Monk
Deluxe 2 - Bib Fortuna & Crumb with Jabbas Dais Set
Vehicle - At-St with Driver

Reaction score
I never noticed a difference between ESB & ROJ Fett but looking that picture the difference is quite drastic!

Amazing, I’ve been a Star Wars fan for nearly 25 years and I’m still finding out new things!

I'm not a Boba expert - I have a friend who is, and there is a lot of differences. I asked him to re-paint my Boba in ROTJ colors, but he then went on to talk about how much re-tooling it really would need to be right... so I gave up on that :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
ROTJ is my favorite MOVIE of all time...and your list is almost perfect! However the ONE figure I would change is the bigass Rancor. I don't like my Rancor monsters sporting big "trunks". They need to have a smaller tush, so they can be agile and fearsome !! #nobigbootyrancors

Yeah this is the one remember going to see back in 1983. I do remember seeing Empire but Jedi I remember more. I was about 8 at the time. As for black series figures on the Jedi cards:

Leia Battle poncho
Han Endor trench coat
Luke Jedi Knight final duel
Bib Fortuna- Seeing we have not gotten one yet in Black series
Rebel Commando

Reaction score
Sometimes I think hasbro intentionally sews flaws into the rug as a way to drive the desire to wait for yet another release to buy when you grow tired of the problems with the current one.
Music industry does this. If you hype something new to a bored audience they’ll accept it warts and all and will quickly be ready to buy the next stop gap out of desperation and hope for satisfaction.

Reaction score
I'm not a Boba expert - I have a friend who is, and there is a lot of differences. I asked him to re-paint my Boba in ROTJ colors, but he then went on to talk about how much re-tooling it really would need to be right... so I gave up on that :ROFLMAO:
Lol you don't wanna go on one of the Mando cosplay sites and say there are minimal differences between Boba's costume in the 2 movies. You'll get read the riot act quickly!
Personally I've always preferred the ROTJ getup. The added maroon color makes it more interesting in my eye.

Reaction score
Lol you don't wanna go on one of the Mando cosplay sites and say there are minimal differences between Boba's costume in the 2 movies. You'll get read the riot act quickly!
Personally I've always preferred the ROTJ getup. The added maroon color makes it more interesting in my eye.

No need to upset (and I have no death wish either) those Mando's ;)
Yes, I'm right there with you on that. And especially the EE-3 - it's just leagues better!

Reaction score
And thinking of how many they could've produced of that figure (Kenner vintage version in 6 inch, holiday special bobby) kind of makes me think they could do a make-over.
I'd buy the Kenner colors or animated version in a heartbeat. Also like the mythos version with scarf. Can't have too many bobas!

Reaction score
I'd buy the Kenner colors or animated version in a heartbeat. Also like the mythos version with scarf. Can't have too many bobas!

LOL, reading it again, I was too quick to post.
What I meant was; with those posibilities of money in the bank and they didn't go for it, makes me think they'd be releasing a ROTJ sculpt.

And I would love to have that vintage Kenner Bobby and a holiday special Bobby too. Gonna have to look that up, but if it's a cool as Mythos Obi, count me in.

Who knows... if we suddenly get a lot of Bobby variations, they probably made a new ROTJ sculpt. This is only based on the stormtrooper variations recently, using the "old" mould.