Advice on selling vintage SW on eBay

Reaction score
Hello folks, relative newbie here asking for any advice you can offer on selling vintage SW figures on eBay.

Simply put:

- Is there still a "best" day to end traditional auctions? (Sunday evening?)

- Are auctions currently a better bet than BINs?

- Does it matter how many days the auction runs for? 3, 5, 7 days?

Thank you! (By the way, I'm not trying to drum up interest in any auctions I'm having, I still haven't even decided whether to do them, I'm honestly just looking for input).

Reaction score
easiest way honestly is to sell in the various vintage star wars facebook groups
Thanks, I've heard that. I recently joined the IC on Facebook. Can you get decent prices on there? It's nice to not have eBay fees.

Reaction score
Hello folks, relative newbie here asking for any advice you can offer on selling vintage SW figures on eBay.

Simply put:

- Is there still a "best" day to end traditional auctions? (Sunday evening?)

- Are auctions currently a better bet than BINs?

- Does it matter how many days the auction runs for? 3, 5, 7 days?

Thank you! (By the way, I'm not trying to drum up interest in any auctions I'm having, I still haven't even decided whether to do them, I'm honestly just looking for input).

What has worked for me-

1- put up as many photos as possible, all sides of item, example, if you are selling a MISB item, show all sides of the box, describe the tape, (is it going yellow, firm, loose in some spots, missing, coming apart.)

2- give a complete description of the item, including flaws, missing parts, damage, put down as much you as a collector and put yourself in the shoes of a collector.

3- let the auction run for the full length 7 days. Builds anticipation, gets people interested, especially the late comers, those who know what they want will bid in advance and know what a good price is already.

4- start NOW researching prices and tracking BIN and auctions of the items in exact or close condition of the items you are planning on selling.

IF you can, ,give history of the items you own,,, in other words, are they from your collection as a child, did you get from a member here on Rebel Scum, a convention,,,, the more information you give, the better buyers feel, especially since we have a strong tight knit community.

Finally, if you can get any of the items AFA graded, do it. Your items will sell faster and gain more in auctions.

3-

Reaction score
What has worked for me-

1- put up as many photos as possible, all sides of item, example, if you are selling a MISB item, show all sides of the box, describe the tape, (is it going yellow, firm, loose in some spots, missing, coming apart.)

2- give a complete description of the item, including flaws, missing parts, damage, put down as much you as a collector and put yourself in the shoes of a collector.

3- let the auction run for the full length 7 days. Builds anticipation, gets people interested, especially the late comers, those who know what they want will bid in advance and know what a good price is already.

4- start NOW researching prices and tracking BIN and auctions of the items in exact or close condition of the items you are planning on selling.

IF you can, ,give history of the items you own,,, in other words, are they from your collection as a child, did you get from a member here on Rebel Scum, a convention,,,, the more information you give, the better buyers feel, especially since we have a strong tight knit community.

Finally, if you can get any of the items AFA graded, do it. Your items will sell faster and gain more in auctions.

3-
Wow, thank you so much for such great feedback!

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any UK Facebook groups for selling vintage? I've just been given some bits by a friend clearing out their childhood loft in a "you're into Star Wars, is this any use to you" sort of way. I don't really collect vintage and I've got some massive bills looming and want to get the best deal I can. It's not much really, just a 78 Escape the Death Star game and a boxed Palitoy cantina.

Reaction score
I like to list on a Sunday evening to that it ends late on a weekend, you don't want it to end of a Tuesday at 10am.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any UK Facebook groups for selling vintage? I've just been given some bits by a friend clearing out their childhood loft in a "you're into Star Wars, is this any use to you" sort of way. I don't really collect vintage and I've got some massive bills looming and want to get the best deal I can. It's not much really, just a 78 Escape the Death Star game and a boxed Palitoy cantina.
Echo Base UK