.45 SCALE HELMETS: Visual Guide

Reaction score
This section has been in need of a Visual Guide of the many .45 scale helmets produced by Riddell, Master Replicas and Gentle Giant as well as some Fan Made approaches to those existing molds. These were beautifully handcrafted small replicas, packed with intricate details, nicely finished interiors and great paint applications. The Mini Helmets were/are very space friendly and add and extra quality touch to any group display from statues, to Mini Busts, vehicles and even life-sized weapons.

As part of photographing my entire collection, I took it unpon myself to create 247 images of these Mini Helmets and detailing their designs, except for GG's pink Darth Vader helmet and some repeats that MR produced after taking over Riddell, which I did not buy. My interest with this thread is not about showcasing my own helmet collection, but rather offer the collector a close up view of what was produced. Who knows, this might prompt some folks not too familiar with these helmets to hunt for them and have a nice time while at it.

It was unfortunate Gentle Giant, after taking the reins from Master Replicas, did nothing with the line but just a handful of repaints, despite the many requests by collectors to continue producing them. Here are the images which I hope you enjoy ...

HELMET000000.jpg

HELMET00046.jpg

HELMET00047.jpg

HELMET00048.jpg

HELMET00049.jpg

HELMET00050.jpg

HELMET00054.jpg

HELMET00055.jpg

HELMET00056.jpg

HELMET00057.jpg

HELMET00058.jpg

HELMET00059.jpg

HELMET00060.jpg

HELMET00051.jpg

HELMET00052.jpg

HELMET00053.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very cool topic. I miss the scaled helmet line, it could have been a great option for people who don't have space for life-size helmets. The smaller DeAgostini helmets sold well, so a .45 line would have too. Oh well...

Reaction score
I thought the DeAgostini helmets were a nice concept, but also way too small to stand out on their own and pair up with statues or replicas. To me the .45 scale was/is the perfect size when space is an issue for lifesize helmets. Maybe one day someone will decide on revisting that scale whether it being a licensed brand or a fan builder.

Reaction score
Cool concept for a thread, I downright love these helmets. I have all but one of the Master Replicas line. I am missing the Shock Trooper and am looking for one but there aren't many out there.

I wish I was able to get my hands on one of the McQuarrie versions when available but sadly I missed those. Congrats on getting one!

Reaction score
Thank you and best of luck to you finding the Shock Trooper. The McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet by Wonder Garage was really a stroke of luck for me. I was just browsing through Ebay when I saw it when he first produced it and jumped right at the opportunity. In the past he had also made other .45 scale replicas like the AT-AT Driver helmet and the Scout Trooper among others. I think is great when we get to see the labor of love the fans put into creating these helmets and other replicas.