12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
$59.83 on Amazon now with free ship.

what a great price.... I love how if you wait patiently for these, and you wait for the ones you want, you can get a great price, provided the demand wasnt too strong as was for some of the rarer ones that really went higher in value from their initial release. This is pretty much what I paid for mine, 60 bucks is a great price!

Reaction score
My main gripe with this figure is his wonky shoulders. His left arm is clearly positioned lower than his right: Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

Yeah, the matte finish and skinnyness of the figure are totally secondary to what was clearly a mold failure. It looks like part of the torso mold collapsed at some point and, instead of fixing it, Gentle Giant just ran with it. I didn't pay $80 for a lazy, cheap, bootleg-quality version of a vintage Kenner figure. As has been mentioned before, these were advertised as being exact replicas of the vintage figures, so that's what I expected to receive.

The TIE Pilot has been one of my favorite vintage figures for decades now, so I was highly anticipating this release. In fact, it has been the only figure from this line so far that prompted me to actually pull the trigger on the purchase. I've admired other Jumbo Vintage figures in the past, but this was the first one that I actually felt that I needed to buy. Unfortunately, it seems to have been a nearly catastrophic failure on GG's part and the fact that they actually approved this item for release shows that they really don't care about quality.

I gave up on Gentle Giant nearly a decade ago because of quality control issues and this purchase has really just proven to me that I should have stayed away.

Reaction score
^

Yep. That's the same road many of us traveled with these things. Some are REALLY good (R2, 3PO, Death Star Droid), but most have varying degrees of flaws. I'm really sad to hear that the lone figure you were looking forward to ended up in the crap camp along with Bossk, the Sand People, Leia, Vader, Chewbacca, Skinny Wampa, etc...

Reaction score
^

Yep. That's the same road many of us traveled with these things. Some are REALLY good (R2, 3PO, Death Star Droid), but most have varying degrees of flaws. I'm really sad to hear that the lone figure you were looking forward to ended up in the crap camp along with Bossk, the Sand People, Leia, Vader, Chewbacca, Skinny Wampa, etc...

Bossk would have been the other one that I would have wanted; but, as you said, GG dropped the ball big time on his figure too. At this point, the only figures Gentle Giant could make in this line that would get me to reconsider would be Barada, but I have a feeling that's one that GG plans to skip over.

Reaction score
At this point, the only figures Gentle Giant could make in this line that would get me to reconsider would be Barada, but I have a feeling that's one that GG plans to skip over.

It would literally be a bigbarada.

Mind = blown.

o-o