12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Jedi Luke Figure

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that they might come out with the Jabba they showed before, considering that it appeared to be fairly far along in production, but I'm also trying to be realistic.

Reaction score
On the flip side, I was running out of space to put these. So we got that going for us.

That's kind of my point of view lately.... coming to accept the obviousness of Gentle Giant giving up on this line now, and finding the bright side that I'll save a lot of money and can use the storage/display space for other things instead.

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that they might come out with the Jabba they showed before, considering that it appeared to be fairly far along in production, but I'm also trying to be realistic.

If Jabba was going to be released, it would have happened by now. Hasn't it been nearly 2 years since it was first shown? What's the hold up? I think they just decided it was too big of a risk to push into production.

Reaction score
If Jabba was going to be released, it would have happened by now. Hasn't it been nearly 2 years since it was first shown? What's the hold up? I think they just decided it was too big of a risk to push into production.

I think everyone is wondering what exactly is GG's plan with their Star Wars license in general. It's unfortunate.

Reaction score
I still say it could be cool to get a POTF or Trilogo variant too, with a blue saber instead of green. It's not accurate since those weren't the cards Jedi Luke came out on with a blue saber, but it would still be great to get a card variant AND the blue saber. I'd just swap out the sabers so that the blue one is in the regular ROTJ card, and the green saber is on a POTF or Trilogo card for accuracy sake. :)

Reaction score
Any update about when Jedi Luke is coming? Still listed as 4th Quarter 2016

Reaction score
My order has processed through BBTS... Hope to get it next week!
Man, is this a dead forum... I'm replying to myself!

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Z0IF0dEzg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Luke looks awesome, but why oh why have they made the bubble so tiny on this figure? BithBandLeader please explain! It completely ruins the look of the carded figure, even more so than the removal of the Kenner logo! Now I'm gonna have to get another empty clamshell to replace it! Damn GGLTD!!!

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Z0IF0dEzg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Luke looks awesome, but why oh why have they made the bubble so tiny on this figure? BithBandLeader please explain! It completely ruins the look of the carded figure, even more so than the removal of the Kenner logo! Now I'm gonna have to get another empty clamshell to replace it! Damn GGLTD!!!

When you get your Jedi Luke from BBTS could you please let us know if the bubble is really that small? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
They used the same 3/4 length bubble on last years Luke Skywalker re-releases. See attachment.
(Graphic rendering on left, both release versions on right in short bubbles.)
I've no idea what they tooled this shorter bubble for?
The poor graphics team is getting measurements that do not tally with the new shorter bubbled clamshells and are still creating the standard height bubble colour blocks for the card art.

The only figure up till this point that really needed this mid-scale bubble was Red Snaggletooth from 2012-13.
Instead, that figure was shoved unceremoniously into a really short, pre-existing bubble, meant for 7.5" figures or under, not the 9.5" Red Snags.
That suffered the same issue as the 2 ROTJ Luke Farmboys and this ROTJ Jedi Luke - the artwork was designed for a different bubble and makes it looks like "product slippage" or a visual landslide has taken place.

These wrong bubbles ruined those figures for me, as I'm not a loose collector.
My art teachers used to aggressively instill in us, if you do something do it properly or throw it away and start again until you get it right.
There's no point colouring in a cruddy drawing - it will still be crud, just in colour.

Hypothetically, if I'd made either item in the attachment, then displayed it at my degree show, I'd probably have got an F - it shows that my powers of selection and visual discernment have failed me and I haven't got a clue, even though I've gone to all that trouble making a figure - the execution shows my poor judgment and that I have not adjusted my decision making process in accordance with changes to my original design plan.

I'd assume everyone working at GGLTD in the creative areas, design etc. have achieved a BA level education in art and design - so what can possibly explain this?
As qualified artists - you're supposed to have high standards - not to be maneuvered by the bottom $ line...

All I can think of is they must have a surplus of those "wrong" bubbles lying around to use up - hopefully they'll be gone soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They used the same 3/4 length bubble on last years Luke Skywalker re-releases. See attachment.
(Graphic rendering on left, both release version on right in short bubbles.)
I've no idea what they tooled this shorter bubble for?
The poor graphics team is getting measurements that do not tally with the new shorter bubbled clamshells and are still creating the standard height bubble colour blocks for the card art.

The only figure up till this point that really needed this mid-scale bubble was Red Snaggletooth from 2012-13.
Instead, that figure was shoved unceremoniously into a really short, pre-existing bubble, meant for 7.5" figures or under, not the 9.5" Red Snags.
That suffered the same issue as the 2 ROTJ Luke Farmboys and this ROTJ Jedi Luke - the artwork was designed for a different bubble and makes it looks like "product slippage" or a visual landslide has taken place.

These wrong bubbles ruined those figures for me, as I'm not a loose collector.
My art teachers used to aggressively instill in us, if you do something do it properly or throw it away and start again until you get it right.
There's no point colouring in a cruddy drawing - it will still be crud, just in colour.

I'm with you here. And there was Logray also I think... I was hoping Jedi Luke was just a custom defect used for the Youtube video... But I didn't know they had done that to poor ROTJ Farmboy Luke also! AARRRGGGGG!!! If this is the new trend, it has to stop!

I'm personally redoing most of the cardbacks on my figures just for kicks, as a graphic designer, to correct things that bug me about the design, replace with better pictures, KEEP THE KENNER LOGO... And it drove me crazy to notice that the colored blocks behind the figures were not always the same size! (Why? Since every bubble is - apart from a few exceptions?)

I will go nuts if all the new figures get these awful bubbles!

Reaction score
Ugh, this short bubble just looks mildly retarded next to my boba fett. Disappointed. But this is still one of my all-time favorite figures, so its not going anywhere

Reaction score
At least the figure looks pretty good... He will indeed deserve a regular bubble to go along with his carded friends. Anybody will display him carded but without the cape? I always loved him better plain black.

Nice, how was your bubble/card offset? Thanks.

Reaction score
Ugh, this short bubble just looks mildly retarded next to my boba fett. Disappointed. But this is still one of my all-time favorite figures, so its not going anywhere
If you really wanted a bubble fix - you could buy ESB BESPIN LUKE JUMBO and keep the bubble and inner hollow and put your JEDI LUKE into it. There's space for a blaster and a lightsaber.
Expensive, but would probably solve the visual disparity between your Boba Fett and ROTJ Jedi Luke.

You could then sell the Bespin Luke to a loose collector.

Reaction score
I just opened my Jedi Luke figure to get a feel of the cape, and realized the clamshell has been modified a lot more than I thought. The bubble isn't only shorter in height, it's also wider than usual (about half an inch), and they added creases to the exterior bubble like the ones around the inner tray to make it less flimsy. And to my surprise, the clamshell doesn't fold open joined at the bottom like it used to, it is two separate parts. We now have a front and back piece. It is somewhat easier to close, but I find it strange that they decided to retool their packaging at this point in the line.

Anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
I just received this figure and am very happy with it. The cloak lies much better than the one on the original vintage figure. My only minor complaint is that the weapons do not stay in the hands that well.

Reaction score
After a credit card snafu (I got new cards right when these were scheduled to charge), GG finally got my updated information loaded in, and shipped this last week. It arrived Saturday and the figure looks fine at first glance, but that packaging is ick compared to earlier releases.

Reaction score
After a credit card snafu (I got new cards right when these were scheduled to charge), GG finally got my updated information loaded in, and shipped this last week. It arrived Saturday and the figure looks fine at first glance, but that packaging is ick compared to earlier releases.

Yeah, the card clam shell no longer has a hinge at the bottom.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ugh….

Was excited to see that they finally released this figure….only to discover that GG dropped the ball yet again on something that they had to go out of the way to screw up.

Some things will never change.

Reaction score
Ugh….

Was excited to see that they finally released this figure….only to discover that GG dropped the ball yet again on something that they had to go out of the way to screw up.

Some things will never change.

Well while at Disney this weekend I took the plunge and bought this figure. The bubble doesn't really bother me but the logo did/does - however I collect mainly the Luke figures in this line ( I do have the Lando and Blue Snaggletooth as well) and with the Annual Passholder discount I got the figure for 80 bucks tax and all. Of course the nature of the Luke X-Wing Pilot version making the cost more than I am willing to pay means I will never have a full set but this is a little closer to it I guess.