12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Reaction score
At Wizard World New Orleans I got the 12" Leia and Han(Big Head) for $65 total. Perhaps the dealer had paid $60 for both. They both had a $75 tag on them, but were half off.
Are the 32.99 DSCs sold out? I can't find them.

Reaction score
I wasn't really looking forward to this one, or in much of a rush to get it, but did with GG's sale. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. I really like this guy in the large format.

Reaction score
Yeah, he's pretty awesome. He was actually one of my favorite vintage figures - probably because he was so tough to find back in 1978. I vividly remember finding him at our local Kmart. They had one of those figure header boxes back behind the customer service counter because the demand was so high. I remember seeing it when I was walking out of the store disappointed that there weren't any figures in the toy department only to see the box and this guy right there in the front.

12back-header-catalog.jpg

:)

Mike, did you get your R2 yet?

Reaction score
Yeah, he's pretty awesome. He was actually one of my favorite vintage figures - probably because he was so tough to find back in 1978. I vividly remember finding him at our local Kmart. They had one of those figure header boxes back behind the customer service counter because the demand was so high. I remember seeing it when I was walking out of the store disappointed that there weren't any figures in the toy department only to see the box and this guy right there in the front.

12back-header-catalog.jpg

:)

Love hearing old school stories like this.

-Snags

Reaction score
Me too. Brings back great memories.

Not yet. Rich realized that since I didn't order direct from GG, I had to send it back first…which I did yesterday.

Reaction score
Thanks, Snaggs and Mike.

Yeah, as a kid I couldn't understand why I could not find the Death Squad Commander, Sand People and the Jawa anywhere. I would call our local department store, literally, every day. I vividly remember the time I found each of them. Actually, I remember when I received each of the first 12 (and the first three vehicles) with insane, uncanny accuracy.

I also remember seeing the 20 back for the first time totally out of the blue to see who was coming next. Oh, the days before the internet..... I remember looking at the Power Droid in COMPLETE bewilderment. "What IS that thing?" I also thought the Death Star Droid was the silver version of C-3PO seen in the Blockade Runner. I guess my brain wasn't fully developed yet.

My best memory was when my mom picked me up from school one day with carded Han Solo and Darth Vader figures sitting on the front seat of our stylin' 1977 Thunderbird. At the time, I didn't even know they were out yet.

Mind = blown.

o-o

Reaction score
I remember by dad 'loosening up' some of my figures because they were so stiff jointed.

Reaction score
Found this guy today for $36.99! [Gimme!*Yoink*]
Thought it was a steal 'till I read through this thread :/

Reaction score
12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

I had the hand pop off of my Death Squad Commander. Does anyone know what kind of glue to use to put it back on?

Reaction score
Dang that sucks. I pulled C-3POs foot off the other day moving him off a stand. WTF is up with that?

I'd try rubber/contact cement if I were you, super/krazy glue never seems to hold for me working with plastics.

Reaction score
Sorry I searched and didn't see it.

I still don't see that thread when I open up the 12" forum?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just called Gentle Giant, since this was one of the few that I ordered from them, and they are going to send out a replacement. This is above and beyond because I ordered this thing over a year ago. I don't remember when it actually shipped. Now I just took the thing out of the package yesterday after having it hanging up on my wall.

Reaction score
I had the hand pop off of my Death Squad Commander. Does anyone know what kind of glue to use to put it back on?
Could you snap a pic of the break? Curious where exactly it came apart, and if it could happen to somebody else?

Reaction score
This was the first Star Wars figure ever got when I was a kid, and surprisingly I can't find the Jumbo one now...

Dax

Reaction score
"The very definition of having this is proof that you don't know a woman." Savage! Also, hard to refute.

Thanks for posting the clip :)

Reaction score
"The very definition of having this is proof that you don't know a woman." Savage! Also, hard to refute.

Thanks for posting the clip :)
And having 2 of them makes it even more so, LOL (I say this knowing I own over 30 GG Jumbo figures :ROFLMAO: ).