12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
20,285
Reaction score
281
Location
Clermont, FL USA
12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

GGdeathsquad9.jpg

GGdeathsquad8.jpg

GGdeathsquad10.jpg
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
5
Location
Perth Western Australia
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

This guy and 3PO were my first ever figures back in '77

So I'll get them both for nostalgia sake (just like I got them on 12 back MOC)
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
374
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

I love that card! Looks great!
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Definitely awesome! He was one of my favorites when they first came out! Don't even know why! I am getting this for sure!....I am getting all of them...
 
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

SirTristram said:
Definitely awesome! He was one of my favorites when they first came out! Don't even know why! I am getting this for sure!....I am getting all of them...

I thought I'd be the only one to say that
grin.gif
Be nice to see some of these finally start to ship instead of just putting them up for preorder though.....
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
1,608
Reaction score
1
Location
Cincy
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

justabigkid said:
SirTristram said:
Definitely awesome! He was one of my favorites when they first came out! Don't even know why! I am getting this for sure!....I am getting all of them...

I thought I'd be the only one to say that
grin.gif
Be nice to see some of these finally start to ship instead of just putting them up for preorder though.....


I was thinking the exact same thing
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
3,278
Reaction score
3
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

SirTristram said:
Definitely awesome! He was one of my favorites when they first came out! Don't even know why! I am getting this for sure!....I am getting all of them...

I don't know why I liked him so much before and now either.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,749
Reaction score
843
Location
Illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

I want a mini bust of this guy....
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,749
Reaction score
843
Location
Illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Tweekem said:
Oh man... mini busts of the old SW toys? Dont give them any ideas...

Nah, mini bust in the existing line.
smile.gif
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
3,278
Reaction score
3
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

A rebel soldier/imperial trooper bust set would make too much sense no???

I think I like this guy because he drove that stormtrooper transport thing where they were all in little cubbie holes all around the vehicle.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,749
Reaction score
843
Location
Illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

OCWanKenobi said:
I think I like this guy because he drove that stormtrooper transport thing where they were all in little cubbie holes all around the vehicle.

LOVED that toy!
 
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
126
Location
St. Francisville, LA
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

The "Imperial Troop Transport" was an awesome toy.

Beek, it was EU, are you sure it was OK?
wink.gif


Matt Busch actually featured it in one of his cards for Galaxy 4 or 5.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,749
Reaction score
843
Location
Illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Check out this Matt Busch piece...

216068_10150150874131366_527741365_7066981_429659_n.jpg
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,749
Reaction score
843
Location
Illinois
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

adrian845 said:
Beek, it was EU, are you sure it was OK?
wink.gif

Yes, but it was EU back when it was cool. LOL

Would have been killer seeing this in the movie though...
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
924
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

DarthBeek said:
Check out this Matt Busch piece...

216068_10150150874131366_527741365_7066981_429659_n.jpg

I never knew that! Love it!

Even with the "mask" on, Leia looks humiliated.
laugh.gif
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

I'm happy they kept the original "DEATH squad commander" name. Didn't they change it to something more PC later on? Like calling the tattooine nomads tusken raiders instead of sandpeople.
 
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
126
Location
St. Francisville, LA
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

It was later the "Star Destroyer Commander". Death Squad Commnader sounds so villainous and evil, it was a great name.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

What the H.E. Double Hockey Stick am I doing wrong? I am a PMG member and can't find out where to order this guy on the GG website. Any help?
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

are you logged in? im not a pgm and couldn't find it either. I figured PGMers would log in and it would just be there.
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2001
Messages
5,805
Reaction score
1
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

Getting this one for sure. Sucks that it'll take a year + to actually receive it.
 
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
2,958
Reaction score
0
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

This was one of my favorite figures as a kid so I'll probably get two - one to display loose and one to keep carded.
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

remember, these come packaged to where you can take these out and put them back in the package so they look like they have never been out. Except the tape seal would be broken.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
374
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

mizzoujedi said:
remember, these come packaged to where you can take these out and put them back in the package so they look like they have never been out. Except the tape seal would be broken.

Exactly, the tape would be broken!
 
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Messages
10,763
Reaction score
6
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

rnbuda said:
mizzoujedi said:
remember, these come packaged to where you can take these out and put them back in the package so they look like they have never been out. Except the tape seal would be broken.

Exactly, the tape would be broken!
OH MY!!!!!!!
shocked.gif
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
374
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

They don't want to come out and play! They want to stay nice, safe and taped!
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
924
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Death Squad Commander Action Figure

rnbuda said:
mizzoujedi said:
remember, these come packaged to where you can take these out and put them back in the package so they look like they have never been out. Except the tape seal would be broken.

Exactly, the tape would be broken!

And the twisties would be undone.
blush.gif
 
Top