12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Ben Kenobi Action Figure

Reaction score
Well, got an email from Sears today and they said sorry but the item was not in stock and was listed by mistake on the website.
Oh well, I least I don't have to worry about spending the $150 now.

Reaction score
Well, its been 3 days since I ordered and no word from Case Fresh. I'm a bit worried now about having to put my card out there for an order inquiry.

Reaction score
...and my email to their customer service just bounced back. :wtf::mad:

Dax

Reaction score
Just to reassure people, Case Fresh are totally legit and I know someone that works there so don't worry, you're not going to get ripped off. The bouncing email sounds very unusual so they might be having some unknown technical problems. Let me see if I can get hold of someone there and find out what is going on.

Dax

Reaction score
OK, back with an update :) I'm told there is some preparation going on in readiness to move the site to a new hosting server and this may have caused a couple of problems with email for a very brief period. Everything is definitely up and running now so try emailing customer service again and you should get through. If you get a message saying it is undeliverable please double check that you are spelling the email address correctly.

Anyone that placed orders for Jumbo vintage figures should be receiving an email within the next 24 hours. Case Fresh were looking for the best and most economical method for postage however be prepared for an expensive postage quote. Once packed these things weight over 2Kgs and you can go to the Australia Post website: www.auspost.com.au to see for yourself how much that ends up coming to!

While we're on the subject it's also worth mentioning that Case Fresh can't guarantee packaging condition. They won't ship stuff that is absolutely smashed but there may be minor imperfections and although everything is very carefully packaged for travel, if something gets damaged in the mail it's going to be expensive to rectify from the other side of the world. Basically if you are looking for AFA 90 and above quality then you're better off buying one from someone that has already graded it and paying that premium. If you're happy with a displayable item at a reasonable price then you're all good to go with Case Fresh.

I hope this helps!

Reaction score
Thanks Dax.

I did hear from them over the weekend, and with what you said about condition and the price of shipping, I decided to hold off.

Reaction score
Might have a way to get this yet. Having a friend in Australia order it…hoping that they'll be more accommodating if it gets damaged in-country, and he'll either bring it to C6 or ship it more securely.

Crossing fingers...

Reaction score
Man, I feel bad now...

In my case, it was just shown as "in stock" when I went to the site. Perhaps they just found some (or one) in the process of moving or something.

If I were you guys, I'd hit the "click here to be notified by email when this product becomes available" link. I'm not trying to lead you guys on, but it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
Nothing to feel bad about. You caught a good break.

What I'm bummed about is that there were a few on Amazon for retail when folks started asking about them, but I held off a bit too long to go get them and they were gone.

My friend from Australia has an order in with Case Fresh and is waiting for them to contact him now. Crossing fingers on that one.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit weird how tough this guy ended up being to get. Never saw this one coming.

Perhaps Gentle Giant needs to have another run at this guy. IMO, he's just about the best 12" vintage of the lot - another thing I didn't see coming. At one point, I was thinking of holding off on him initially because I thought he would be the dud of the lot and selling for MUCH lower than what GG was selling him for on their site.

Boy, was I wrong or what? Sounds like I wasn't the only one that felt this way.

Reaction score
Me neither. Was this underproduced or is there a stash of them out there somewhere, waiting to be liquidated?

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit weird how tough this guy ended up being to get. Never saw this one coming.

Perhaps Gentle Giant needs to have another run at this guy. IMO, he's just about the best 12" vintage of the lot - another thing I didn't see coming. At one point, I was thinking of holding off on him initially because I thought he would be the dud of the lot and selling for MUCH lower than what GG was selling him for on their site.

Boy, was I wrong or what? Sounds like I wasn't the only one that felt this way.

One thing I have come to relaize over the years with collecting -

If there is something you want, buy it on the spot b/c you never know what could happen

No use trying to hold off to save a few bucks & then wind up paying after market price

Reaction score
Yep.

I've noticed this as well. The vinyl cape Jawa is MUCH easier to find these days.

The guy who runs Most Wanted Collectibles must've read this thread. He is now selling two fabric cloak Jawas on Ebay (they're "sold out" on his site) for $118 each (shipping is $38).

-Snags

Reaction score
Problem is, something happened with the distribution of these. Cloak Jawa & Ben were released at the same time and both of them were "Sold Out" on GGs website when released. Also, these never made it to my local LCS and when that happens something went wrong somewhere and allocations were made. Same thing happened with Wicket, Brown Coat Solo & Lando. They were plentiful only through certain online retailers & ebay but never through GG directly (besides pre-orders) or smaller dealers who order in smaller quantities.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm already outbid on ebay. I refuse to pay more than $130 for it. In time, like everything else, it'll go down.....then eventually go back up, like all the MR blasters...lol. Man, remember when the Leia, Rebel, & Stormtrooper blasters could all be had for under $250?! Dios mio...

Reaction score
Sure do! I got my Stormy blaster for $200, and my Leia and Rebel blasters each were $150. Remember when Redfordfilms had the Studio Scale Millennium Falcon for $800?

Reaction score
Finally got one. This was starting to become an obsession so it's nice to finally be able to move on. Good luck to those still looking!

Reaction score
Available again at the GG Memorial Day Sale!

Got mine. Now I just need the R2-D2, Stormtrooper, and Tusken and I'll be done with the 1st 12.

Reaction score
AWESOME!! Way to go, Andy!

I picked an Obi Wan up for a friend and another Jawa for myself.

All I need now is another Stormtrooper and I'll have a duplicate set of all of them that have been released so far to display one open and a carded one behind it.

These things are like rotocast crack.

=..(

Reaction score
^

Awesome job, Snags.

Those two figures did NOT last long, so I'm glad to see some of us here were able to jump on them. It's amazing how scarce they've become on the secondary market.

:)

Reaction score
^

Awesome job, Snags.

Those two figures did NOT last long, so I'm glad to see some of us here were able to jump on them. It's amazing how scarce they've become on the secondary market.

:)

Yep - they dried up quick. The two scarcest figures in the line, by far (Fett goes for more $, but that will end once the SW card Fett comes out).

-Snags

Reaction score
A part of me knew a few of these would show up again AFTER I finally tracked one down for more than double the retail price. Oh well, that's the collecting game for ya...

Reaction score
Forgot until an hour after the sale and MISSED Obi-Wan... argggh! I'm still looking...

Reaction score
yes it will cool...like anything else when they first hit they are snatched up. I imagine they will be available for a long time all over the net at various prices.

-James