12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Ben Kenobi Action Figure

34686_413961002694_171646362694_4841846_3646053_n.jpg

Reaction score
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Ben Kenobi Action Figure

everything obiwan will be mine!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

Reaction score

Pre ordered Obi last night.... weird though... I found him only in a little check box when ordering the Jawa... no where else. Oh well... just glad to know it is done.

Reaction score

yeah, it's like a hunt, within a hunt!

Reaction score

Just received word from GG:

Your order for the Obi-Wan Kenobi Vintage Kenner Figure on pre-order # XXXX will be processed on Tuesday September 13th, 2011 at 10 am.

Best regards,
Gentle Giant Customer Service

Reaction score

Same here. This is the last one with I vinyl cape for a while - thankfully. Let's just hope they don't screw this one up too bad. The pics on the GG site don't look too promising.

Reaction score

Since all regular releases have come in pairs, who was Ben paired up with? Cloth Jawa?

Reaction score

^

I think it's the Death Squad Commander.

Reaction score

Jedi534 said:
Since all regular releases have come in pairs, who was Ben paired up with? Cloth Jawa?

Yeah, it was cloth Jawa. So unless they're having issues with the fabric that one should be next (with the vinyl cape one having been released 2 months ago at SDCC)

Reaction score

IrishJedi said:
Jedi534 said:

Yeah, it was cloth Jawa. So unless they're having issues with the fabric that one should be next (with the vinyl cape one having been released 2 months ago at SDCC)

Actually, you're right. I just got my processing notice for the Jawa this Thursday.

This is another one that frightens me. We have yet to see the final product.....again.

crazy.gif

Reaction score
Received my tracking number, and it looks like this one might be here tomorrow.

:)

Reaction score
Received my tracking number, and it looks like he might be arriving as soon as tomorrow.

crazy.gif

Reaction score
As I thought, he arrived today - again, in perfect condition.

I was nervous because we had not seen him with the cape, but, DAMN, this guy is a TOTAL winner! The cape is the PERFECT color. I was expecting disappointment, but I'm just totally thrilled with this guy! :)

In my opinion, one of the best to date - and the only perfect/near perfect vinyl caped figure.

Ben.jpg

BenClose.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised and impressed. Ben looks REALLY good. The cape is a good match and the face is pretty damn good. If you open it, please tell us if the cape is thin or thick.

Reaction score
It's thicker than the Jawa, but not quite as thick as it would be if the 3 3/4 were scaled up perfectly. Essentially, it's not even an issue. If you have the Vader, it's the same as that. Like the Vader, it's a little glossier on one side, but I'm still VERY happy with it - especially after the Sand People cape nonsense.LOVE this guy!:).

Reaction score
I am so sorry for those of you who have been getting damaged figs. My Obi-Wan and Jawa arrived today and they are perfect! Obi-Wan is a real hit!!

Reaction score
Obi arrived today at work... perfect shape!!! One of the best so far... really cant wait for the aliens though... those were my fav as a kid!

Anyone think we will see DT variants of the sabered figs?

Reaction score
^

Congrats! Yep. This is a REALLY great figure - I just can't sop looking at mine. However, not to sure we'll see DT saber versions.

Reaction score
I have to agree with you, from the paint apps to the colors looking right and the face, this one may be the best since Boba

Poor small head Han doesn't get the praise acclaim he deserves. That one is dead on perfect.

:(

Reaction score
Why can't I find this figure domestically ANYWHERE? Not even ebay...

If somebody knows where I can pick one up for under $90, please lemme know. Thanks...

EDIT:

Found a website called "ecrater.com" where a store/seller called "Hollywood Toy Madness" was selling one.

Since they only accept Paypal, I felt it was worth the risk to go ahead and buy it ($74.99 plus shipping).

Looking for some piece of mind, so has anyone dealt with these guys before?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ecrater is sort of like Half.com or Ebay, so I can't necessarily say that the site itself is bad, but I did have a pretty bad experience with a seller there the first time I tried using them. I wanted to get a lego set for my son for Christmas and a seller on ecrater had a good price so I bought it and paid with paypal. A couple of days later, I got a message from the seller that they were out of stock and I had my money refunded. Then a day or two after that I got a package in the mail from Lego.com that had the set I had ordered, but the return address was some other person. I called Lego.com and to make a long story short it turned out that the guy on ecrater had listed a bunch of stuff that he didn't actually have with the intention of using stolen accounts/credit cards to purchase the items from online stores and have them sent directly to the buyers. Potentially this could get the buyers in trouble as well, since they're the ones on record as having received the goods. Apparently there was some mixup on the seller's part, which was why he ended up refunding me and still having the set sent. I don't know how widespread this is, but I would definitely watch out for this kind of thing.

Reaction score
Yeah, the deal was too good to be true. They had already sold it. My money was refunded through Paypal.

So still looking for one if anybody runs across a place selling it...

Reaction score
Yeah, Nside was soldout too, even though they had it listed on their website. (Second time that has happened.)

Except for 1 non-domestic seller on ebay, there's seriously not been a trace of this figure for over a week.

Reaction score
Makes me wish I would have bought another. This guy is AMAZING!

See my pics above.

Reaction score
It could mean that this piece was so underordered, the existing stock is maybe being sent to discount outlets. Perhaps we'll see a glut of them turn up cheap.

Reaction score
It could mean that this piece was so underordered, the existing stock is maybe being sent to discount outlets. Perhaps we'll see a glut of them turn up cheap.

Nope. They'd just keep him in stock until they sold out. Anyway, I noticed he went pretty fast.

I don't know what the production numbers were on this guy, but I'm glad I got one when I did.

Reaction score
Still pretty ridiculous prices. There's that seller in OZ where it comes to about $150 & a domestic US seller with a BIN plus shipping for $270. LOL...

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered figures from Sears.com?
I bit the bullet today and ordered the 12" Obi from them. Came to 150.00 with shipping. I cannot believe that I am paying double retail on him but I am getting on board late with these jumbo figures and Obi is my favorite character, plus I cannot find this guy anywhere. I had read somewhere that the edition size was 1290 but not sure about the accuracy on that. With my luck I will probably find him down the road for retail somewhere. Oh well.....

Dax

Reaction score
Geez that's a bit rich! Chances are you could land one from these guys for cheaper than that: Case Fresh - Star Wars Collectables Australia. Gentle Giant Ltd Star Wars Vintage Kenner 12-inch

Case Fresh are an Aussie website and prices are in Aussie dollars, so Obi Wan at $70 is about $74 USD at the moment, however the listed price includes 10% GST which is only for locals so International orders would pay about $67.20 USD. Because of the size and weight postage won't be cheap, but I would be surprised if postage was $80. It could be a good option for a couple of figures!

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Case Fresh before? I just did, but am a bit nervous given the distance it needs to travel.

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at some overseas places but, having heard a lot about damages to these things, I was wary about shipping so far and it actually arriving without dents.